My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #122

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XX: SOMETHING ABOUT 'THE SPOILERS'

I too love to have a spoiler in my Albus.

Yes, I explored - There are many designs & shapes.

I like only the ‘Duck Tail’ type which beautifully merge with the contour of the car, enhances the appearance & not spoil! [;)]

I am told, there are some people at Chennai GP road who can make and give to us as we like. But I am afraid of the quality of plastics and the paint work whether it would be long lasting. If not, it will really degrade the car.

I tried to find out abroad for online purchase and understood that it would be the same amount what we are to spend if we get the Honda original, if we include the painting & fitting cost - custom duty may be extra!

The following types of Honda original are available with the dealers:

New Honda City Trunk Spoiler Wing 23,000.00
New Honda City Trunk Spoiler Ducktail 8,500.00
This includes fitting & painting cost. But only thing, it needs their professional drilling.

We cannot be sure about other ones whether they would withstand the sun & rain in Indian condition and also they are ‘double side tape’ type.

I have decided, if I really want it, I should go for the original one and it would give me a peace of mind at the cost of Rs. 2 or 3 thousand extra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR. Mudhan sir, can suggest some site or shop where i can buy rear spoiler for honda city ivtec.
Thanks, Hari.
Dear Hari , Thanks for making me to share this information.
I hope you would agree with me.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Attachments

Last edited:
PART XX: SOMETHING ABOUT 'THE SPOILERS'

I too love to have a spoiler in my Albus.

Yes, I explored - There are many designs & shapes.

I like only the ‘Duck Tail’ type which beautifully merge with the contour of the car, enhances the appearance & not spoil! [;)]

I am told, there are some people at Chennai GP road who can make and give to us as we like. But I am afraid of the quality of plastics and the paint work whether it would be long lasting. If not, it will really degrade the car.

I tried to find out abroad for online purchase and understood that it would be the same amount what we are to spend if we get the Honda original, if we include the painting & fitting cost - custom duty may be extra!

This includes fitting & painting cost. But only thing, it needs their professional drilling.

We cannot be sure about other ones whether they would withstand the sun & rain in Indian condition and also they are ‘double side tape’ type.

I have decided, if I really want it, I should go for the original one and it would give me a peace of mind at the cost of Rs. 2 or 3 thousand extra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Hari , Thanks for making me to share this information.
I hope you would agree with me.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks sir, for ur prompt reply.
[clap] I agree what u said is correct.

23,000 for rear spoiler wing is atrocious. You would get the same for 6000-8000 (The best quality spoilers probably much better in quality than Honda's OEM). Cheaper spoilers cost 4000-5000Rs Honda doesn't make spoilers, it just outsources them to third party manufacturers. For Kerala these spoilers are made by Concept Cars. You can get it from them directly at 60-70% lesser to that of cost charged by dealers. Dealers will always try to rip money off customers for accessories.

Ducktail spoiler or Lip spoiler as it is called here costs 1500-3000Rs. Maruti dealer quoted 3500Rs for lip spoiler but i got them for 1400Rs from concept cars. Hope this help.

Regards,
Sankar

23,000 for rear spoiler wing is atrocious. You would get the same for 6000-8000 (The best quality spoilers probably much better in quality than Honda's OEM). Cheaper spoilers cost 4000-5000Rs Honda doesn't make spoilers, it just outsources them to third party manufacturers. For Kerala these spoilers are made by Concept Cars. You can get it from them directly at 60-70% lesser to that of cost charged by dealers. Dealers will always try to rip money off customers for accessories.

Ducktail spoiler or Lip spoiler as it is called here costs 1500-3000Rs. Maruti dealer quoted 3500Rs for lip spoiler but i got them for 1400Rs from concept cars. Hope this help.

Regards,
Sankar
That's really cheap buddy. Did you purchase directly from them? I understand that they are based in Calicut.

Regards,
Sankar

Thanks Sankar . if we want to buy how to approach them. Do you have their contact number or any link?

Thread Starter #127

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Sankar

Thanks for the information.

If this is going to be a premium quality (ABS) as claimed by them & 50% cheaper,agreed , it is wise to go for it.

Yes, I found it. They have a website :

:: Welcome to Concept Cars ::

Concept cars.

12/548 H Neron trading company ,
Opp Diesel plant, Modern Bazar ,Nallalam, Calicut,
Kerala ( South ) - 673027
Land Mark : Nallalam
99479 99111 & 0495-2420860

I have sent a note of enquiry, let us see how it works out? I enquired about the price, whether can be purchased online, comes painted, and 3M DS tape?

You can also help us if there is no inconvenience to you .

As you said, Honda outsources from Taiwan manufacturers - Modula or Mugen (Honda’s son firm) & certainly cost of their accessories are atrocious which I have indicated in the first page of this thread. That’s why I never looked at their Trunk Spoiler Wing , of course I don’t like it too.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks Sankar . if we want to buy how to approach them. Do you have their contact number or any link?
That's really cheap buddy. Did you purchase directly from them? I understand that they are based in Calicut.

Doc has shared their details. Please contact them. They make excellent quality products. Heck i just found out that they are the oem suppliers for all such cosmetics accessories in Kerala. Dealers are making lots of money from customers claiming superior quality products manufactured by car makers themselves.[frustration]

Regards,
Sankar

PART XV:

DOME / FESTOON L.E.Ds

I am still searching a better one for more illumination inside, specially the oblong design (the CIVIC type), and the 60-SMD Exact Fit LED panel light for center dome light.
[lol]
Dr MUDHAN Sir,
a) I'm planning to change white shade reading light inside. Which would be the best size to fit ? As i see your suggestion above but can't able to decide which is the correct one to go. So want to double check before I order.
I need to order this type "the 60-SMD Exact Fit LED" ?

b) Even looking to change FOG light with white shade .

And also please guide me with the link where I can order this now.

Thanks & Regards , Hari

Thread Starter #130

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Hari

Our Indian Honda City cars have only the dome light in the center and have only one bulb socket to hold 31mm festoon bulb ( may be AVN model an exception)

I had no other option, finally selected this bulb as I indicated in my page 5 of this thread:

31mm 16 LED SMD Festoon Dome Light lamp Car reading Bulbs pathway light door led bulb reading White or blue
Very GOOD - I purchased one white and one blue in the pair. Blue had not enough illumination so I continue with white.
Honestly the illumination provided by this single led bulb is not to my expectation, I keep it for a change, and sometimes I feel I should revert to the OE bulb, which is brighter.

Whatever we try, it should provide brighter interior or at least equal to the original illumination.

I am yet to achieve the same. Somehow I like the warmer white as provided by the OE bulb which nicely merges with my beige interior.

New SMD 48 LED 3528 Room Dome Door Car Interior Light Bulb Lamp Warm White Reading Lights with double side tape. WASTED - very good power but unfortunately as oversized, not got into the lamp assay. Panel Size: 4.8 x 4 x 0.5cm
I could not get the rectangular type led (60-SMD) separately as it is available only as a package for Honda fit /jazz cars abroad, which is expensive.

I even thought of a better dome, with dual bulb provisions which can fit into the original screws, and I did not get it.

If you want a change, get the one that I am having at present , buy from ebay.in here, as it is cheap @rs.110 +40, you can give a try.
16 SMD/LED car interior lght roof light ceiling white light in colour 31mm | eBay

My Advocate brother who buys led bulbs from one shop ‘ZAM ZAM’ at Pudupet, Egmore, Chennai (left side to magistrate court), and you may try there also. It is not necessary that you should go for only 31 mm type, find out a lengthier, rectangular type with 31 mm adopter, which can be pasted by double side tape.

Important thing before buying is that the width should be less than 3cm and length may be even 5 to 6 cm so that the transparent plastic of the original dome can be fitted back.

dr mudhan.jpg

I am also exploring the new generation bulbs like the following.

36 LED White LED High Bright COB Chips Interior Light Panel T10 Festoon Ba9s-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

5pcs High Power Extreme Bright T10 BA9S 31mm 36mm 42mm 6W COB LED Panel For Car Interior Dome Map Lights Lamp Replacement Bulbs-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Please share with me your decision & experience.

Sure, I will give you some idea about the fog light bulb soon.

Thanks & Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks DR.MUDHAN sir for your detailed suggestion. "You are really simply superb".
Going to ordered - 16 SMD/LED car interior lght roof light ceiling white light in colour 31mm.
Currently in eBay it's out of stock, so Will update you soon once I ordered & get it.

I'm posting pics of A/C dash board knob

Thanks once again

Attachments

Thread Starter #132

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Hari

First, it is great to see your HU panel and the AC knobs same like mine. Now you must be proud to have something interesting & different in ANHC.

Regarding - 16 SMD/LED car interior roof light ceiling white light, I don’t think so that you should wait for ebay.in.
You can order from where I got it. It 50% cheaper but you may have to wait for almost I month.
Approximately Rs. 130.75 / Pair
wholesale 2X 31mm 16 LED SMD Festoon Dome Light lamp Car reading Bulbs pathway light door led bulb reading White blue-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

For your information-
I have ordered this today as I have decided to try this:
Free shipping! 2set T10 BA9S Festoon 3 Adapters 24 SMD 5050 white/warm white Light 12V LED reading Panel Car interior Dome light-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Regarding, our Lip / Ducktail spoilers, the CONCEPT CARS, Calicut were not responding properly. I spoke to them twice to respond, at last they have replied but still with incomplete information. I have asked them again the modality of online payment, whether the cost includes shipping etc.
One thing I understood that they are not manufacturing and importing from ZheJiang QSJY Auto Accessories Co. Ltd., China.
The price quoted by them:
HONDA CITY LIP SPOILER (ABS) WITH PAINT Rs. 2500+14.5% TAX
HONDA CITY WING SPOILER (ABS) WITH LIGHT PAINTED Rs. 2500+14.50% tax
HONDA CITY SPOILER (ABS) PREFINISH Rs. 1500 + 14.5%

Finally, yes I know I have to give you some details about the fog light bulb. I will make it soon, Ok?

Thread Starter #133

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Hari

Regarding Fog Lamp bulb, I hope the following details would be useful to you.

My past posts in this thread :

PAGE 1
The fog lamp kit came with H11 halogen bulbs. But I thought, I can save battery by replacing it with a LED bulb. I did some analysis at AliExpress and ordered @ $15, this lamp - 7.5W Super Bright SMD H11 Car LED White Day Driving Fog Light Lamp Bulb and replaced it myself. Now it serves me in two ways - as a day light as well as a fog lamp but the power consumption is 7.5 instead 55 watts each bulb. I am happy.
PAGE 4
Fog L.E.Ds
- I preferred correct light for visibility. I gave importance to the length, as it should not touch the housing, and lumen for acceptable illumination both day (as DRL) and night (as FOGs). I also wanted the bulbs to be more silvery so that it would not spoil the inner look of FOGs. I got, at the time of my purchase the yellow tipped type only. Now newer bulbs with the best CREE technology are available with glass tip.
What I use now :

7.5W Super Bright SMD H11 Car LED White Day Driving Fog Light Lamp Bulb 1 pair /lot
WATT 7.5 / LUMEN 300-330 / LENGTH 54 MM US $13.00 / Pair

7.5W Super Bright SMD H11 Car LED White Day Driving Fog Light Lamp Bulb 1 pair /lot-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

If you want a better one for almost the same price :

2x High Power Bright White Diamond Cut CREE XP-E LED H11 Projector Fog Daytime Running Light Bulbs
WATT 20 / LUMEN 650 / LENGTH 65 MM Discounted price as on 15/11/2013= US $12.40 / lot (otherwise US $ 14.59 / Pair)

2x High Power Bright White Diamond Cut CREE XP E LED H11 Projector Fog Daytime Running Light Bulbs-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Somehow I like this very much as I have seen in one car – glowing like six petal stars – very cheap and I ordered as a spare.(Of course, fog lamp housing will show yellow dots inside as there is no silver/glass lining.)

Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot
WATT 5 / LUMEN 480-510/ LENGTH 50 MM US $5.99 / Pair

Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Please note, the origional H11 Halogen bulb is having total 60-62 mm length from base line to tip.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

dr. mudhan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom