My New Honda City in White - The Albus

View attachment 189188

View attachment 189189 [/ATTACH]
here is few pictures of my new alloys
Nicely maintained car. Could you please share the below details too.
1. Kms covered till now.
2. Year of manufacture

Note : Above details are needed to actually understand the amount of 'pain' you have taken to maintain your 'black' car as 'black'. I know the pain as I own a black 4th gen Honda City.

Hello raj,
I think better you go for full unit dvd system which comes with camera option,so that make your car interior special feel.
Recently i got the android DVD system from aliexpress, which comes with panel,got a night vision camera and 8gb navigation card, ofcorse it will be a stress to buy a costly iteam from aliexpress, fortunatly i got my dvd system safely,indian customs charged 4k duty, tottal i spent 24k for get my iteam in my door, used DHL courier, you can get same windows system which are more cheap than android, my advice better go with android so you can download any application from play store,well, sure google map:)android are more faster than windows too, easy to use,etc..
If you are only looking screen(mirror type) with camera,there is lot of products available in market,its cost around 3-5k.
I have a screen without camera,which i used in my honda city, now i got the new android unit so iam planing to sale it.
Your second question regarding about projector lamp, yes its really possible to install projector lamp, 3 inch is better for honda city, you can find xenon projector lamp in aliexpress,around 4k for set, its comes different models,angel light with projector lens.
I am also planing to fix a xenon projector lamp soon,i already had a talk with a guy who doing this work well, he said he can do its for 6k without harm any orginal wire,i seen his somework and really satisfied,
Normally they didnt get any complain,because i knew some people who already installed xenon projector lamp for there cars one year ago.hope this advices will help you to find the right choice.

Hello Pavi,
Mine is 2011 honda city S model,its done 64000 Km, yes ofcorse its not easy to maintain the paint in kerala condition where you get more rain, i do polishing every 6month, i have a friend here who running a painting and service shop, he do the work well everytime when i go there, ofcorse i wash the car atleast one time a week,i use car shampoo for wash montly one time only,better avoid using shampoo or any chemical stuffs often every wash,its slowly make down your car paint.

image.jpg

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4414.JPG
hello Raj,
Here is some pictures of my android DVD unit, i am still not installed my DVD on my car.

Thread Starter #1,264

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
…. I have one question, when insurance guys says its total loss means do they give IDV to you and scrap the car? or they let you keep the car? …
Please go through my another thread : Cars in Flood – Insurance and More!

Here PART IV: MOTOR INSURANCE CLAIMS METHODS

Your ALBUS looks stunning and so are all your articles! I have managed to go through most of your articles and boy !!! they do pack a lot of info! [clap]
BTW allow me to introduce myself. Please feel free to read my thread and share your views [:D]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/23472-my-tata-nano-lx-saga.html
Thanks for being here with us, and for your appreciation. Yes, I could see from your thread your passion over your cute little orange car!

Hello doctor midhun, iam new in this forum, its really good you sharing your experiences here with us.congrats for your effort and passion……I been also looking honda orginal 10 spoke alloys here in Kerala … I got very impressed one neo model …..I think always prefer a brand alloys to avoid risk and warranty issues…..Best of luck for alloy hunters
Great. The Alloys are so stunning. I agree with pavi, the way you maintain the car reflects your passion and extra ordinary efforts. I feel, chrome handles will give more beauty to your black beauty!

Please also go through my new article :

MAKE ALLOYS ALWAYS ALRIGHT!

188695d1451123253-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-anhc-albus.jpg

....Here is some pictures of my android DVD unit, i am still not installed my DVD on my car.
Excellent. Android O/S is the best choice today. Your set almost looks like mine, but I have Windows CE.

Hope, you read my article and I think, you will not have time zone issues like me. Please don’t forget to post the pictures after fitting it.

144562d1408845433-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-china-dvd.jpg

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Please also go through my new article :

MAKE ALLOYS ALWAYS ALRIGHT!
Good Evening Mudhan Sir, Foremost, A very happy new year to you and your family. Also, may the ALBUS remain as beautiful as its now. Sir just a query, as you have used Carbon Fiber Vinyl stripes on the Alloys so instead of them why didn't you opt for an aerosol can in Black? Sir this carbon fiber vinyl has a property to shrink and fade and since during service the wheels/alloys would be sprayed with water so in all probability the vinyl will wear off. I too had covered my CITY's wheel-caps with Vinyl but later the very same carbon fiber vinyl gave away and faded.

Regards

Akash

Hello doctor,
Yes i seen your article few days ago and they really good.
Yes its android so i dont think i get any problem with time zone, actually i was planing to get windows system one year ago but some other reason i give up that time, but later i thought my car need a navigation system, so i was looking in amzon india but they are very expensive and not android,then i was looking on ebay.com and found some good android system,well aliexpress price is really tempt me than ebay, i found a good seller there and had lot talk with him,he was answering well for my all question and he offerd me a free night vision camera and 8gb igo naviagation card, again worried about indian custom, i was calling to DHL customer care and asked them about duties, they said its almost 30% for Electronics. Again i contacted to seller and told him to put invoice 200$ because its better keep invoice something matching to real price cause showing very less price in invoice maybe chance to get a bomb tax,mostly indian customs people knows the exact price, if you show them too less price in invoice for a costly iteam then maybe a chance to get more tax,because they dont accept your invoice which you show them less price,so better always put invoice something who can accept.
Recieved my iteam after one week in my door with good packing.

Yes sure i will post the pictures once i installed my DVD.

Note: DHL people ask you KYC (know your customer)document for customs clearence,DHL send you a message to your registerd mobile for submit KYC document,you can submit that on DHL site, they accept pan card copy ,passport copy or Driving licence, should submit any of two documents.
If anyone plan to buy any iteam from abroad hope this advices will help,mostly they dont charge any custom duties for small iteam like 10$ - 20$,i bought lots small iteam from ebay and aliexpresses and never charged any custom duty,well maybe iam lucky yet .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,267

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Akash

Your beautiful greetings have added more joy. Thanks for the warm wishes.

Pray, you are blessed with all the good things in life in 2016 and ever after.

Exactly, I too felt before trying these stickers and were mentally prepared to remove everything in case if peels off. Initially few of the extreme sharp ends got little detached but ensured stuck by using the rubber solution. Now it is more than one and half years it goes well so far even after regular 3 months services.

The quality must be good. Let us wait!

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Exactly, I too felt before trying these stickers and were mentally prepared to remove everything in case if peels off. Initially few of the extreme sharp ends got little detached but ensured stuck by using the rubber solution. Now it is more than one and half years it goes well so far even after regular 3 months services.
Thank you sir for the warm wishes. About the rubber solution would like to know from you, does it leave any sort of mark on the alloy's surface? I mean any sort of glue or residue et al which may dry out and leave an impression on the alloy in long run just like Fevi Quik or Elfee glue?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #1,269

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Jijomthw

Yes, I too have the same experience. It is better to declare a reasonable amount but unfortunately, most of the Chinese sellers declare the goods as ‘GIFT’. Sometimes we don’t know how much customs duty would be levied as it depends upon the officer -his/her moods. I have not paid CD for many of my purchases but had to pay 50 to 100 % to some non-electronic items like Tablet cover.

I have shared my experiences here and your information over DHL would be useful to our fellow forum members who visit my following thread. I will repost your information and thank you very much.

Guide: Online Shopping Abroad & Customs Formalities

@ Akash1886

I prefer rubber solution (used for punctured tyres earlier) wherever the bonding is okay like double side tape that helps to reverse our action if needed. I cleaned both the surfaces (the sticker and alloy surfaces), applied the solution just required amount, pressed few seconds firmly and next day I cleaned the excessive solutions over alloys with spirit and Amway glaze solution.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-75.html#post455488
I have pasted the sun protector that I made over the central console with Fevibond - rubber solution (Please use only the golden colored rubber solution as it can be cleaned simply with alcohol if you don’t like it any time. Don’t use instant Fevi kwik - cyno solution as it will melt the plastics, and avoid double side tape as while removing it may scratch the console plastic cover later if you don’t like it.
175890d1437801371-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-anhc-ac-06.jpg

Hello doctor,
Yes i agreed with you about the chinese sellers, we should tell them to put a reasonable price in invoice and dont ship as a gift pack, this way is better to avoid extreame custom duty, if we tell to sellers about those subjects they do that mostly for us,always advice to sellers about these all.

I bought lots iteam from ebay and aliexpress,like cables, sill door guard, flip key shells and etc,but never charged any custom duty, as i told maybe iam lucky yet.

Last edited:
Hello doctor and all friends,
I would like to share one more my new iteam which is worth for my honda city and DVD player,
Previously i shard and posted pictures of my new android DVD player,i think here everyone knows this made in China product,they normaly making same models and features,though the sellers are different.
Our doctor explained everything about the DVD player in his articles,i sure that will be helpfull for lots members who looking same DVD player,
As our doctor explained ,This system have a USB link from rear side and he hidden that link wire on his car glove box,but i found a great product which we can link USB and AUX to dash board where honda provide a place to keep extra switches, 3RCA car AUX USB male dash flush mount mounting adaptor,this adaptor link your real USB and AUX to dash board with perfect fit,you can play music via USB or AUX and you no need to hide the cables anywhere.
iam attaching few pictures of this adaptor here which i bought from aliexpress, its cost me 7$ and got without any custom duty,again iam lucky man yet. IMG_4733.JPG

IMG_4733.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

Here few pictures where we can place the adaptor.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Dr.Mudhanji and friends,

Recently completed my ~4000km road trip and at end of journey when I checked my front tires thread depth and compared with rear ones. I found huge difference so went yesterday for tire rotation(I should have done it before this trip :( ). Along with it I did few more things like side rotation, Nitrogen, wheel balancing and alignment etc. It cost me 870 /- with one month free alignment checkup.

While they were doing their job. I noticed some deep grooves on left disc please see the pic. Just wondering it is normal or not? Should I visit Honda A.S.S?

Right side disc pad doesnt show this kind of deep threads but normal ones.

Attachments

Hello Dr.Mudhanji and friends,

Recently completed my ~4000km road trip and at end of journey when I checked my front tires thread depth and compared with rear ones. I found huge difference so went yesterday for tire rotation(I should have done it before this trip :( ). Along with it I did few more things like side rotation, Nitrogen, wheel balancing and alignment etc. It cost me 870 /- with one month free alignment checkup.

While they were doing their job. I noticed some deep grooves on left disc please see the pic. Just wondering it is normal or not? Should I visit Honda A.S.S?

Right side disc pad doesnt show this kind of deep threads but normal ones.
Hello kuwaronline,
Yes we can see in picture the groovs on left wheel, i think there is some reason to happen this.

Mainy it happen when some foreign objects between brake pad and brake disk like road sand,dirt etc..
Another reason excessive strian on breaking system.
Sometimes the pad not move freely cause of not lube properly, so there will be a chance to get stuck brake hard ware like clips and slids,
Some grooving is just hard metal of bits in pad contact with extreme grooving can be so many reason,may take brake apart clean and lube all the sliders,rust on edge of center hub throws alignment of system off.
Better you should check the brake pad and disk proper and clean and lube properly,also check your break pad is in good condition.i hope this will solve your problem.

Top Bottom