My New Honda City in White - The Albus

I purchased the one specific for the Honda city.

It did cost a bit but the quality is excellent and also matches the curvature of the roof

So there is no micro gap while fitting.

Also the shape is a lot better than the larger ones. Looks exact like the ones on the BMW

The extra cost for me was worth it.

@Raj M

Make sure the external size of the Shark fin antenna is correct otherwise there will be some gap when fixed, incase its bigger. This I have learnt when I had bought shark fin antenna for my City.

Required size (as per Dr.'s Shark fin antenna) for our 3rd gen Honda City: External - Length 16cm, Height 6.5 and Width 7.5. Internal - Length 8.5cm, Width 5.5. Post #1110

The one you have ordered today has correct length and height but width is 1cm more. Since its designed to fit for City, I hope there will be no issues. Mine was 17cm in length so there was 2mm gap at the back of the antenna.

I am keen to install a rear view camera with 7 inch LCD/LED display. Considering Autocop or Minda which they claim to have full HD display. Any suggestions or recommendations ?
Also wish to change my headlights to 3 inch projector with angel eye and HID and with DRL. Any suggestions/ recommendations ?

Static Sun Shades

Hello Friends,

The God idol stand on my car dashboard get melted 4 months back. Before that the music system malfunctioned when it exposed to high temperature. I have already posted details about those incidents in this thread and since then I was in-search for sun shades.

I came up with Garware Icecool Shield but couldn't find sellers in my city instead they had unfamiliar brands. Police are also active in most places of my city so sun controls are troublesome. At-last I'm left with removable sun shades. Magnetic ones are out of my budget so I couldn't considered them now and mesh type with suction cups aren't perfect. Another type is static sun shade which I was about buy but seller said it won't stick on sun controls (vinyl), require water to affix and shouldn't be removed often.

Last week I had glance over sun shades and found a new type sun shade in ebay India. That is Twist-able Static Sun Shade. It is made of static plastic and flexible hard wire around it, just like mesh sun shades. It sticks perfectly to glass, vinyl and easy to remove. No need of suction cups or water. It can also be twisted to reduce size for storage but I wouldn't do it, just because creases may occur.

I have bought 2x 2 pcs for Rs. 327. Two for front side window and two for rear side window. The front one fitted properly but the rear one was too big by height so I used it for rear windshield and also asked the seller if he has smaller size static sun shades. 35x42 cm may fit properly. You can find snapshot of dimension details below.

Link: Here

Snapshots:
Dimension_Details.jpg
Product.jpg
Visible_Light_Compare.jpg

Static_Sunshade_Front_Left.jpg
Static_Sunshade_Front_Right.jpg
Static_Sunshade_Rear.jpg

This is only a temporary solution and I would still be finding for better one. [roll]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi Dr. and all friends. During the flooding last fortnight my City-2012 got submerged upto steering level [water level came upto 6 ft in my street and my parking area is at least 3 feet above street level]. Neither the tow vehicle [from Honda RSA] nor the Surveyor is yet to respond till date. The Service Manager at Honda says that such cases are 'total loss' and hence it appears that its time to 'bid adieu' to my City. The dealers are pushing for new vehicles and i'm not attracted the to the latest version of city yet. New Jazz appears OK but any decision is put off till every final settlement is done by insurer. So my association with my dear City [my first car] for the past one and a half years finally comes to an end. Thanks for valuable inputs from Dr. Mudhan and other members. Shaken but not stirred, considering that many folks in my area/city have lost their entire life earnings/savings/life. a brief but beautiful journey comes to an end.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Neither the tow vehicle [from Honda RSA] nor the Surveyor is yet to respond till date. The Service Manager at Honda says that such cases are 'total loss' and hence it appears that its time to 'bid adieu' to my City. The dealers are pushing for new vehicles and i'm not attracted the to the latest version of city yet. Shaken but not stirred, considering that many folks in my area/city have lost their entire life earnings/savings/life. a brief but beautiful journey comes to an end.
Don't give up so soon. I would say take a 2nd opinion from used car dealers like Carnation/First Choice et al and any external insurance agent as well so you'll get to know exactly whether the car is actually a "total loss". Don't simply accept the logic of the manager/SA of the dealership.

Regards

Akash

We cant open the windows with these applied, right?
Yes thats the disadvantage of the product. For that you need to buy magnetic ones. But those that cost around 700 to 1.5k for set and made to fit for specific cars have less ratings because of low quality material, improper fit and magnets won't stick or missing. I have read many bad feedback's of buyers.

The perfect choice would be magnetic laser sun shades which cost 2k per window/piece. Available in autofresh.in

Last edited:
Yes thats the disadvantage of the product. For that you need to buy magnetic ones. But those that cost around 700 to 1.5k for set and made to fit for specific cars have less ratings because of low quality material, improper fit and magnets won't stick or missing. I have read many bad feedback's of buyers.

The perfect choice would be magnetic laser sun shades which cost 2k per window/piece. Available in autofresh.in
Yes that is a disadvantage. I have tints + magnetic curtains and I am absolutely satisfied.[;)]

Hi Dr. and all friends. During the flooding last fortnight my City-2012 got submerged upto steering level [water level came upto 6 ft in my street and my parking area is at least 3 feet above street level]. Neither the tow vehicle [from Honda RSA] nor the Surveyor is yet to respond till date. The Service Manager at Honda says that such cases are 'total loss' and hence it appears that its time to 'bid adieu' to my City. The dealers are pushing for new vehicles and i'm not attracted the to the latest version of city yet. New Jazz appears OK but any decision is put off till every final settlement is done by insurer. So my association with my dear City [my first car] for the past one and a half years finally comes to an end. Thanks for valuable inputs from Dr. Mudhan and other members. Shaken but not stirred, considering that many folks in my area/city have lost their entire life earnings/savings/life. a brief but beautiful journey comes to an end.
Sad to hear, as suggested by our fellow forumers do get surveyed from outside. Also I have one question, when insurance guys says its total loss means do they give IDV to you and scrap the car? or they let you keep the car?

Yes that is a disadvantage. I have tints + magnetic curtains and I am absolutely satisfied.[;)]
I have magnetic sunshield, I got it for 500/- from sector 14, Gurgaon.

Also online its for 566+free shipping

here

Customized Magnetic Window Sunshade For Honda City (new): Buy Customized Magnetic Window Sunshade For Honda City (new) Online at Low Price in India on Snapdeal

PART XXIV:

MY ALBUS GETS ALLOYS!

View attachment 119801

I thought, one day I would make my ALBUS to get alloys. But I never thought that would happen so fast and, that too unexpectedly & so inexpensively! [:D]

I started exploring for good alloy wheel for my ANHC. I noted one deal @ Snap deal (Rs.16000/-) for a beautiful X2 brand alloy that is specific for ANHC model. The ‘minus’ I felt that it was only four in one set, 2009 design and the width 5’j as against 5.5 j , as specified by Honda. If one break accidently, I have to replace the full set. I dropped the idea. Decided to go with only Honda original for safety & warranty issues.

I analyzed through Olx.in, could find one at Bangalore- 5 spokes Honda Jazz 15’ gun metal color for Rs.15000/- , can fit to ANHC. I rejected, though I called the seller and checked. The reason, the color is dark gun metal and the advertisement misguides that Jazz 2013 model. We know that all Jazz cars were sold out during 2012 by Honda.

Another advertisement at Kochi Olx for 5 spokes Honda was appeared to be good. Contacted & he quoted his final price @ Rs.13500/- But, understood that he is not keen in responding and disappointed me twice by making my friend at Kochi to wait. He was telling that no one would give for the price he had offered ie. Rs.13500 for four nos. 5 spokes Honda alloys. He also said that he had paid Rs.2500/- alone for the center Honda emblem stickers. But made us to wait again. I have decided to ignore this person.

My conscious mind told me that why not I should check up with the Dealers @ Chennai as I felt Honda might offer some good discounts as the present design of alloys are going to be phased out.

I thought that the 10 spokes alloys came with ANHC VMT model is beyond my reach. So I called Sundaram Honda, Chennai. Unusually the accessories dept. in charge told me ‘why do you want to settle down with 2009 model 5 spokes alloys? ; now Honda offers great discount for 10 spokes alloys which would be around Rs.3000/- per wheel ’
My God, is it true? Can I get so cheap the Accord car type alloys, which was costing once a bomb ie. Rs. 40000/-& more? Am I in a dream world? … My mind started thinking.

I checked up with my dealer Olympia Honda and understood that no such deal available and there each wheel costs Rs.8500/-

I tried Capital Honda and I was told that such deal is not for every dealer and it costs there Rs.6500/ per wheel and, they were very keen about my visit.

I checked up with the famous Magnum Honda, Bangalore and I was informed that this Honda offer was true but was available for one day only. They told me that they would consider my request and can offer Rs.4500/- per wheel.

So I understood that there is a deal, let me see whether I would be lucky enough? Next day I called my friend who has a good rapport with Sundaram Honda to check up with their GM. It was confirmed and they requested me to send the car that day itself.

I sent my car through their driver and I was really restless about what I was doing as I was not still able believe the price of Rs.3500 /- per wheel approx. including fitting. Indeed I was praying that it should not be a bomb after everything done.

After 5 hours, the Manager called me and told me that the bill was Rs.14936/- for 5 wheels which includes the cost of center Honda sticker, new chrome nuts, tube mouth wheel rim modification, wheel balancing, weights and alignment services.

The car was delivered to me with a special touch and extra ordinary care. They repacked my old wheel set along with chrome nuts & returned.

Am I lucky? May be, but it occurs rarely to me.

View attachment 119800

1. Made by X2 Brand, India, replica of Honda’s ‘ Y ’ spokes, hyper silver type released in other countries during 2008/09. Honda released for 16 inch. This is 15 inch but width is 5j and not 5.5j.
2. Honda 5 spokes type dull finish released in India & other countries during 2009 to 2012
3. Modulo type available on order with Dealers, expensive, around Rs. 10000 each.
4. Honda 7x2 spokes- Available with some Indian dealer @ Rs.8500 each.

My ALBUS, 5x2 spokes, almost similar to No.4 , introduced by Honda India for the face lifted ANHC 2012/13 in higher end version like VMT. Originally priced for Rs.10000 - 6500/- and now discounted to Rs. 2500/- each, for a limited time.

View attachment 119799

On my careful analysis, they are not appeared to be factory second. However, they are neither shiny like hyper silver coated nor dull, but exactly as offered in VMT version. But the coat is not very strong. They will be excellent for good roads.May chip out by stone damage in very bad roads.​
Is it common for all the alloys?
Hello doctor midhun,iam new in this forum, its really good you sharing your experiences here with us.congrats for your effort and passion.
I been also looking honda orginal 10 spoke alloys here in kerala but the honda showrrom guys told me its hard to get 10 spoke model honda alloy,they are advising me the new model alloy which i really dont like,
I was keep looking outside to find a good alloy for my city, contacted few shopes, they have stock for plati alloys but again the models made me dispointed, they having silver colour which have morethan 10 spoke, atlast i contacted a guy who having good collection of alloys, he have stocks plati,neo and etc.
I got very impressed one neo model which have 20 spoke with black and silver combination, i was sure its make my black city special look so i dicided to get them, he agreed free fitting, alignment and nitrogen air etc,i had some bargaining and he agreed everything for 23k, with 5 year warranty for alloys.
Actually i was planing to up grade to 16 inch but after some reserch i realised better stay in 15 inch which honda recomending.
Believe me after installed my alloys my car look something special, really a wow look.
Its always hard to choose the right alloys and colours for different colours of city.
I seen here some people got honda alloys for discount price, really they are lucky for that because in kerala honda people not giving such a offer for alloys.
I think minimum 10 spokes alloys better look for honda, i am not recomending to anyone less than 10 spokes, for my view more spokes bring more look.( in my view )
I think always prefer a brand alloys to avoid risk and warranty issues.
Best of luck for alloy hunters

Hello doctor midhun,iam new in this forum, its really good you sharing your experiences here with us.congrats for your effort and passion.
I been also looking honda orginal 10 spoke alloys here in kerala but the honda showrrom guys told me its hard to get 10 spoke model honda alloy,they are advising me the new model alloy which i really dont like,
I was keep looking outside to find a good alloy for my city, contacted few shopes, they have stock for plati alloys but again the models made me dispointed, they having silver colour which have morethan 10 spoke, atlast i contacted a guy who having good collection of alloys, he have stocks plati,neo and etc.
I got very impressed one neo model which have 20 spoke with black and silver combination, i was sure its make my black city special look so i dicided to get them, he agreed free fitting, alignment and nitrogen air etc,i had some bargaining and he agreed everything for 23k, with 5 year warranty for alloys.
Actually i was planing to up grade to 16 inch but after some reserch i realised better stay in 15 inch which honda recomending.
Believe me after installed my alloys my car look something special, really a wow look.
Its always hard to choose the right alloys and colours for different colours of city.
I seen here some people got honda alloys for discount price, really they are lucky for that because in kerala honda people not giving such a offer for alloys.
I think minimum 10 spokes alloys better look for honda, i am not recomending to anyone less than 10 spokes, for my view more spokes bring more look.( in my view ��)
I think always prefer a brand alloys to avoid risk and warranty issues.
Best of luck for alloy hunters��
Welcome to the forum. Please a post pictures of your Honda City wearing new alloys.

Note: His name is Dr MUDHAN (should be in capitals as he deserves it) not Midhun.[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom