My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Dear All
Take your Insurance policy / RC Book wherein you will find the Chassis No. and go to the link CRACING provided, type the 17 digits and enter to get the status.

Here, for my ALBUS - not required.[:D]
Congratulations Dr. It is good to know that your ALBUS is not affected by this recall. But as I came across in another forum where people had tried initially and their car was not affected but later they have tried and their car was eligible for the replacement. So it seems that Honda slowly updating its database. So I would suggest you to frequently check for few weeks and keep your fingers crossed.

Thread Starter #1,187

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART:LXXXI

WHY YOU SHOULDN’T BUY OZONE-GENERATING CAR IONIZER-AIR PURIFIER !

ANHC 01.jpg

ANHC 02.jpg

ANHC 03.jpg

I was overwhelmed to have a Car Ionic Air Purifier, attracted to those words in the advertisement … Oxygen, Ozone ... as they are always perceived to be good for healthy living!

Overenthusiastically I have ordered one such gadget (MODEL JO-6271) after thorough marketing research as I came across many fake ones those only emit beautiful light.

I ensured that I am ordering the really working one though little expensive.

But after ordering the same my Doctor Mind started asking me ‘Are they really SAFE?

NOT AT ALL!

Ozone is found naturally in the earth's atmosphere and it protects us from the sun's harmful rays. However, Ozone produced by air purifiers can be harmful. Companies selling these air purifiers claim that they are using the Ozone at safe levels to clean the air, but the truth is that the same ozone emitted by the air purifier can cause respiratory illness.

The real Ozone layer which is far away from us acts as a filter (to avoid harmful UV rays reaching earth) but If you are breathing it, it is always the bad kind. Ozone is a toxic gas with vastly different chemical and toxicological properties from oxygen. Breathing ozone will cause inflammation of lungs, worsens Asthma.

Regarding manufacture’s claim of killing germs, Ozone can be used to combat viruses, bacteria and mold, for this to have any measureable impact, the ozone would need to be present in qualities far above what humans can safely tolerate.

Studies have also found that Ozone can cause rubbers, upholstery, and paint to deteriorate more quickly. If ozone can eventually crumble the paint and the material covering seat / sofa, what can it do to our lung tissue?

Ionic air purifiers will cause particles in the air to fall to the floor. Therefore, the particles falling from the ionic air are attracted to the room's surfaces. As a result, the area around the ionic air purifier tends to get dark and dirty. The science behind it is a negative ion generator is the main part of an ionizer or ionic air purifier & that negative ions are oxygen atoms or molecules that have an extra electron. These negative ions are attracted to the positive particles in the air. Ultimately, both the negative ion and the positive particles join together in the air. This union results in the particles in the ionic air becoming too heavy. Due to their own weight, they ultimately drop from the air to the floor.

Therefore electronic air purifiers should never be recommended and one should go, if at all needed, for approved mechanical air filters like 3M Filtrete™, True HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) Air Purifiers.

Foot Note:

You may be wondering what happened with My Aliexpress order. The item came damaged, applied for refund. Fortunately I am and my money saved.

ESCAPED :stupid:

So our honda city spec sheet says that max power is 117bhp@6600 rpm and max torque is 146nm@4800 rpm.
So to get the best performance from this well equipped car at what rpm should we be driving?
As this would be changing along with gear we are on I will make the question simpler. Say when we are driving within city limits I mostly drive on the 3rd gear. So 3rd gear what rpm would give best performance.
If cruising on the highway I will surely be on 5th gear.
Please help.

It is mentioned in main page of Honda Car India website. Here is the direct link.

17 character Chassis no is required for checking.
Thanks CRACING for providing the details. My car is in the recall list [frustration]
I am frustrated about the fact that I drove the vehicle for 4 years and 50k KMs with faulty air bags. If something had gone wrong, the most important part of the car in that situation probably would not have worked!! Thank GOD for keeping me and my family safe.

Can I log a complaint/case against Honda for putting my entire family at risk for such long time? Any idea ?

Thanks CRACING for providing the details. My car is in the recall list [frustration]
I am frustrated about the fact that I drove the vehicle for 4 years and 50k KMs with faulty air bags. If something had gone wrong, the most important part of the car in that situation probably would not have worked!! Thank GOD for keeping me and my family safe.

Can I log a complaint/case against Honda for putting my entire family at risk for such long time? Any idea ?
So far there are no reports or cases or incidents happened to Honda City 3rd gen that is related to ongoing TAKATA airbag issue but the same airbag infiltrator is found be faulty on different vehicles abroad (Not limited to Honda vehicles). The issue involves defective infiltrator and propellant devices that may deploy improperly in the event of a crash, shooting metal fragments into vehicle occupants. Its more serious issue. Checkout more details on google.

Of course its a frighting issue but its good to know that Honda is trying hard to reach all the vehicles (defective or not) worldwide to replace the TAKATA airbag infiltrator. Even those are 15 years old.

Btw; Have you received call from Honda dealer? I haven't yet.

Last edited:
I have checked with my honda dealer and they have no idea yet. They told me that they haven't received the parts which need to be replaced.
I see, then its gonna take long time.

I have heard that dealers in USA and some other countries are disabling airbag system by unplugging its fuse until they get replacement parts. I also heard that some replacement airbag infiltrator are still faulty so in some places (abroad) there happened to be multiple time recalls.

So I'm afraid about two things: One how good is replacement airbag infiltrator and two service center engineers workmanship and perfection.

Last edited:
Btw; Have you received call from Honda dealer? I haven't yet.
Honda guys didn't call me. I myself called the workshop and forced to check my car details. Although they confirmed it is on the recall list, they always said "the guy who knows more on the replacement thing is not available now. I will call you back in 30 mins". This happened for about 3-4 days.

Finally I had to literally shout at them over the phone and then they said the parts are not available, we will update you next week. Lets see how long this game goes on.

Can someone tell/show which fuse to take out to deactivate the airbag?

So our honda city spec sheet says that max power is 117bhp@6600 rpm and max torque is 146nm@4800 rpm.
So to get the best performance from this well equipped car at what rpm should we be driving?
As this would be changing along with gear we are on I will make the question simpler. Say when we are driving within city limits I mostly drive on the 3rd gear. So 3rd gear what rpm would give best performance.
Please help.
As no answer has come from Petrol Engine owners yet, I elect myself to give the answer ;-)

1. For outright acceleration, you should be in a gear till say 6K to 6.5K rpm, change to higher gear and push rpm to 6K and so on.
  2. Once at desired speed, reduce throttle response a wee bit to see if car maintains speed.
  3. Whichever minimum pedal pressure is required to maintain speed results in relaxed rpm for that gear.
  4. Another way is, to see if the engine screams or purrs at a particular speed. Vary the throttle gently to make engine purr, and you have got it.

Above is based on my experience with Matiz which did not have an rpm meter.

Verna engine is pretty silent for a Diesel, but still I use point 4 to ensure the engine is relaxed at whichever idiotic speed I am in.

Gooding the Lucking the ...

Can someone tell/show which fuse to take out to deactivate the airbag?
If you go back to few page, you will find pictures posted by Dr. that show fuse box and how technician is removing it. Its the cover under steering wheel and it includes small glove box at right side.

However, its not recommended to disable airbag because its a most important part of our car. Incase airbag or related parts is/are found to be fault, Honda service center has to do so, until they fix it.

Last edited:
Please help.
I usually drive my 2011 honda city between 2500 to 3500 RPM in any gear. You usually need to shift the gear once RPM reaches ~2500. In honda city, iVtec kicks in after you cross 3500 RPM. So once ivtec kicks in your car gets boost of power and makes sporty sound (I love that sound ). On highways you can drive till ~110 KMPH in 5th gear while maintaining RPM below 3500.

Hello,

Today I was able to contact service adviser and this is what he said: At present we have received replacement parts for Civic only and we are contacting only those owners who have Civic. However, we have not received replacement parts and repair instructions for other vehicles like City, CR-V, Jazz. Nor we know the ETA but it won't take long. We will contact you asap.

Anybody would like to get know more about Takata Air Bag issue? Please check this thread including my latest post.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Top Bottom