My New Honda City in White - The Albus

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
another query [confused]

i asked for interior domelights from the same seller. he sent me this link.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Hyundai Solaris Verna Super Bright Premium LED interior Map Dome light/reading light,auto accessories from Reliable auto car accessories suppliers on TCS Auto stores

and this pic of the lights.
original.jpg

450 rupees for 2 pieces and i think i need 3 ( just like anhc sunroof model ) 2 for front and 1 for rear.

then i searched this.
Shop 31mm 5050 online - Buy 31mm 5050 for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

now there are many leds available at very low price.
31mm 5050 SMD 6LED Festoon Dome Car Light Lamp Bulb White 12V-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com - 400 rupees for 3.

10PCS/LOT led light festoon C5W 6SMD 6 leds 5050 31MM 36MM 39MM 42MM Auto led light FREE SHIPPING-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com - 300 rupees for 10 pieces [surprised]

i read your dome lights comments and i don't want 16 or 24 smd. this 6 smd looks fine to me and the size is 31mm.

so my question is how to know what quality will be better ? i don't want to buy local products because they are not that bright. and i showed my blue lights to a local mechanic and even he said that i have these lights but not bright.

@allhyundaicars

I was using those 6 x 5050 31mm smd bulb before on my ANHC interior lighting. Not so bad but not bright as panels of 18, 24 SMDs. Now I'm using 18 x 5630 panel so those 31mm dome bulbs (had bought 3 pcs :tongue:) are left unused.

My car has only one socket for dome bulb but your car can have three bulbs of such so it will be very bright I believe.

Thread Starter #573

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ allhyundaicars

If you just want to replace your stock 31mm festoon bulbs with LEDs one, what you have decided is OK.

But those three LEDs festoon can’t replace the stock illumination inside your cabin and it would be little dull. Still if you want to go with 6 x 5050 31mm, there are 2 options for you:

Buy from the same seller from where you got your license plate bulbs. May be a better quality from others as it costs more.
Or
PM to CRACING whether he is interested in any transaction and just try. ( CRACING, sorry if there is any inconvenience )

Honestly no one can guarantee the quality of every LED bulb available on line, even the branded one SENKART from DX.com disappointed me earlier.

Last edited:

Attachments

Hi Mudhan ji and friends!!!!

I have been using this "Abro Spray Undercoating U 60" since one and half year... making this post for information specially on rusting, corrosion and moisture... how to prevent. I am not good at writing long and detailed post. When I saw cracking's post on rusting. I thought I should share this information about "Abro Spray Undercoating U 60".

Cost around Rs.500/- per can. I ordered them at 375/- per can from changemytire.com

Abro Spray Undercoating U 60 - two cans/bottles required to spray under body of car.

1) Clean the under body as much as you can by taking her to washing center and thoroughly clean her. Let her to dry for some time, now a days(summer time) not need much hardly 10-15 depending on weather.
2) Shake it for at least 2-3 mins and you will get sound of coin inside making noise but dont worry shake it at least for 2-3 mins.
3) Cover the parts like tires with plastic covers or even with news paper.
4) Apply evenly throughout the under body except exhaust and near engine area or anything that gets hot. Because its extremely flammable.
5) While applying every 2-3 mins make sure you shake it well (not long but at least for 20-30 sec) to make sure that inside chemical doesn't get solid.

Pros
1) Resists Chipping, Abrasion, and Exterior Corrosion.
2) Rubberized for Maximum Protection and Durability
3) Reduces Road Noises and Vibrations ( yes it does)

Abro Spray Undercoating is a rubberized, asphaltic composition tough enough to protect against rust, corrosion and moisture. Ideal for wheel and fender wells, undercarraiges, door and quarter

Cautions -
Its highly flammable, also use sunglasses if you dont have protective glasses, I use 3M's protective glasses for this kind of jobs

you can buy these from here, very cheap (~Rs100)
3M 1710 IN - eMahendra

Today I m going to give this coat to my baby. Its really required every year before monsoon to make sure no rusting on underbelly.

I will post pics tonight for same...

Its normally cost as below

Rs 250 - for cleaning(depending upon ur place and price)
Rs 100-200 - for guy who does this job. after washing let her dry off on hydraulics for few mins
Rs 700-1000/- for two cans of U60

The total cost shouldnt be more than Rs 1500/- :)

@MUDHAN Ji, Hope you write detailed post on this soon :D

Last edited:
Thread Starter #576

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I don’t why those are looking really low on brightness... is it camera problem only or they do lit the road sufficiently... see below my car DRLs even if I turn off headlights I have sufficient light to drive at 30-40kmph speed.
Hi Mudhan ji and friends!!!! I have been using this "Abro Spray Undercoating U 60" since one and half year... making this post for information specially on rusting, corrosion and moisture... how to prevent. I am not good at writing long and detailed post. When I saw cracking's post on rusting. I thought I should share this information about "Abro Spray Undercoating U 60"...@MUDHAN Ji, Hope you write detailed post on this soon :D

Thanks, kuwaronline , for everything and the way in which you add value to this thread.

1. You have a fantastic pair of DRL and the snap shot is very good. Night photography while catching the bulb and illumination will depend upon your camera’s white balance and exposure value. You may take one more shot later by sitting inside on the driver’s seat.

2. It’s nice you are taking care of your car personally against rust & corrosion. I will share some more information over this issue in detail, of course may be a little long post [;)] as I want the information here as one stop solution for our friends & visitors, avoiding unnecessary time over internet & other forums.

Hello,

CRACING, sorry if there is any inconvenience
Not at all sir. I have those spares incase the one in my car fails so I replace asap instead of waiting for international purchase. Also it wouldn't be worth to sell either (item cost + shipping) because you know how cheap china sellers sell these leds for. Anyhow, I have replied to him. :)

Now my car is 75% LED based. Only headlights, brake lights and indicator lights are stock now but I will also change them later (except headlights of course).

I dont why those are looking really low on brightness... is it camera problem only or they do lit the road sufficiently... see below my car DRLs even if I turn off headlights I have sufficient light to drive at 30-40kmph speed.
Yeah, I used mobile to take shot (8mp camera) and it doesn't capture night shots clearly otherwise gets blurred because of F rating and other things like Sir Dr MUDHAN said. I think you have used a digital camera to take yours. Isn't it?

Still pictures apart, the H11 cree led wasn't so illuminated like your DLR but I couldn't get a road without street lights or traffic lights here, so see the real illumination of H11 cree led bulbs. For that I have go outside city. On the other hand I think, it could be because incorrect adjustment of fog light assembly or fog light assembly glass blocks illumination or its the max illumination of H11 cree led can provide.

Anyhow, Sir Dr MUDHAN has also ordered same type bulbs, will see how he finds its better.[:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
@Dr.Mudhan ,
Surprisingly I was going to ask same question about engine oils .
When I serviced my car last month I changed oil recommended by few people .
wurth semi-synthetic 10w-40 ,
My car has clocked around 73k ,so from now on which Engine oil you will recommend ?
Mineral,Semi-Synthetic or full synthetic ?

Attachments

Thread Starter #579

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ nvrmndryo

I have explained in detail in my posting:

ANHC - WHY THE RIGHT ENGINE OIL MATTERS?

If I am having the same car as yours, I will go for conventional - mineral or at the most semi synthetic and definitely not a synthetic oil.

Surely not the SL grade as I see in the picture. You have chosen API/SL/CF grade.

SM/CF or SL/CF means that the oil is primarily formulated for gasoline engines. Just CF means the oil is primarily formulated for diesels.

Category SL was adopted to describe engine oils for use in 2001.

READ MORE HERE : oilspecifications.org - Lubricant standards and specifications

Next time go FOR API/SM/CF grade. The viscosity index 10W40 is in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again,

I have taken few more shots using digital camera within my car parking lot. Its best place without any other lights but distance is short.

Fog light illumination looks good enough now, just like kuwaronline's ANHC DRL's:

IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG

*Headlights are off

@nvrmndryo, Sir Dr MUDHAN posted link to ANHC - WHY THE RIGHT ENGINE OIL MATTERS? is not working so I'm linking it again here.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thanks, kuwaronline , for everything and the way in which you add value to this thread.

1. You have a fantastic pair of DRL and the snap shot is very good. Night photography while catching the bulb and illumination will depend upon your camera’s white balance and exposure value. You may take one more shot later by sitting inside on the driver’s seat.

2. It’s nice you are taking care of your car personally against rust & corrosion. I will share some more information over this issue in detail, of course may be a little long post [;)] as I want the information here as one stop solution for our friends & visitors, avoiding unnecessary time over internet & other forums.
Sure I will take and post soon, I used my Samsung grand 8mp mobile camera, next time I will use digicam.

Waiting for that long post [:D]

Hello,

Yeah, I used mobile to take shot (8mp camera) and it doesn't capture night shots clearly otherwise gets blurred because of F rating and other things like Sir Dr MUDHAN said. I think you have used a digital camera to take yours. Isn't it?

Still pictures apart, the H11 cree led wasn't so illuminated like your DLR but I couldn't get a road without street lights or traffic lights here, so see the real illumination of H11 cree led bulbs. For that I have go outside city. On the other hand I think, it could be because incorrect adjustment of fog light assembly or fog light assembly glass blocks illumination or its the max illumination of H11 cree led can provide.
No, I used my samsung grand 8mp mobile cam, I will try take some pics from digital camera.
My DRL's are bright but not that super bright, without headlight I cant drive faster.. but those are sufficient to make sure I dont crush anyone or run over something. Also its very hard to look at them if headlight are off. My eyes irritate even if I look at them for 5 sec in dark. So I always keep my headlight on to make sure other drivers or pedestrians dont get irritated like me [:)]

In evening time those are good without headlight too and doesn't irritate me like in night. Always on without headlight.

@CRACING , yup those lights looking good like my DRLs but let me try with my digital camera, will post pics soon

Last edited:
Thread Starter #582

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XLVII

ANHC ECU - HOW BEST WE CAN MONITOR?​

ECU – Engine Control Unit, the car's electronic brain is actively monitoring dozens of parameters & this is where diagnostics hardware and apps like Torque step in, putting all of that data at our fingertips.
First I was scared and then got attracted to this pretty nifty dongle ELM 327 -OBD II SCANNER , bought one from aliexpress @ JUST 6 $.
A plug and play device which we connect it to our car's OBD-II port and then our phone via Bluetooth to view a host of things like speed, torque, engine pressure, engine load, coolant temperature etc., in real time.
When the Check Engine Light (CEL) on, the most significant use to check whether there are any fault messages being displayed by the engine and if yes, then to understand what is wrong.
Yes, this diagnostic scanner hardware &, the Torque Lite or Torque Pro app software give us a peek into the inner workings of our car's brain.
It gives us some knowledge, caution and, of course some fun.

ELM 0.jpg

HARDWARE:

There are many expensive ones in market, BT & Wi-Fi types. Example, Scan tool series like OBDLink MX Bluetooth , Kiwi Wi-Fi OBD Scanner, IOBD2 Wi-Fi OBD2 Scanner.

I preferred a cheap, Chinese ELM327 type with latest firmware update which I felt sufficient for me.
Hardware Rev v1.5 (there is no hardware v2.1 in market, its only software rev v2.1, so please aware before buying). SuperMini supports more protocols & Size is only 3cms, no obstruction while driving and no messing of internal component as it is in toto IC based.

2014 New Super MINI Bluetooth ELM 327 V1.5 OBD2 / OBDII ELM327 for Android Torque Car Code Scanner FREE SHIPPING-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

ELM 1.jpg

ELM 327 - STEPS TO CONNECT, CONFIGURE & MONITOR

Insert the ELM327 Bluetooth adapter into the OBDII port , Which is just right side of the center console, under the steering. (you should notice it receiving power even without the car turned on!)
Turn ON Bluetooth on your phone
Go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone and scan for available devices to pair with. Find the OBDII scanner in the list (probably will be the only one) and pair the device to your phone. You can enter the suggested password of 0000 or 1234 and it should pair up.
Once paired, go your applications and open the Torque app. It will take a moment to communicate and pair up to the ECU.
At this point you are connected to the ECU and can read/clear codes and start your car to view real time information from the ECU.

ELM 4.jpg

ELM 5.jpg

ELM 6.jpg

SOFTWARE:

ELM 2.jpg

ELM 3.jpg

Many such software are there in the market, some are free & others are paid version. Example,
OBD Droidscan Pro, OBD Car Doctor, BOSCH fun2drive. But I preferred TORQUE PRO.

TORQUE APPLICATION SOFTWARE:

Make sure you enter car PROFILE like weight and other details properly in Torque app.
Torque Pro brings the user to a home screen where the app's five main functions
Real-time Information,
Check Fault Codes,
View Map,
Test Results, and
Graphing

Anyone can be selected and accessed. Additionally, the home screen displays one large default gauge -- either a tachometer or accelerometer depending on the hardware present. (The free Torque Lite takes the user straight to the Real-time Information screen and lacks the other four functions of the Pro version.)

We can swipe between seven "screens" upon which they may place any number of virtual gauges. Gauge types include dials, half dials, bar displays, graphs, and digital readouts. These gauges can be set to monitor any of a number of metrics supplied by the phone's sensors (GPS, compass, barometer) or a connected OBD-II monitor (engine RPM, fuel flow rates, temperatures of coolants, oil, or intake air).

After inputting vehicle-specific values for engine displacement, vehicle weight, and fuel type into a vehicle profile, Torque Pro can calculate 0-60 time, trip distance, or quarter-mile times even calculate estimates for fuel economy, horsepower, and torque.

The View Map function displays a Google Map with a color-coded log of your last few trips. Green segments represent low speeds and red represents high speeds. Users can also choose to display G-forces or altitude logs on this map.

Graphing lets users plot data from any two vehicle sensors (for example, fuel pressure and engine RPM) on a chart for easy comparison.

The Check Fault Codes function performs a scan of the vehicle's diagnostics system and displays any error codes present. Test Results allows users to perform a similar check to make sure their vehicle's sensors are reporting properly.

OBD Trouble Codes(DTC) OBDmax - This application was developed especially for users ELM327 adapter or that users who can’t find DTC description in own scanner; has about 7000 generic and 3000 vendor error codes OBDII and descriptions.

TIPS TO READ OBD ERROR CODES IN A HONDA

Example: P0113 Honda
P0113 Honda - Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage

Possible causes
- Faulty Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor
- Dirty air filter
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit poor electrical connection

When is the code detected?
- An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

P0113 Honda Description
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.

TOP 50 HONDA OBD-II ENGINE CODES

• P0740 HONDA Transmission Lock-Up Control System Fault
• P1456 HONDA Evaporative Emissions Control System Leakage Fuel Tank
• P0420 HONDA Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
• P0505 HONDA Idle Air Control Valve
• P1259 HONDA VTEC System Malfunction
• P1009 HONDA Variable Valve Timing Control Advance Malfunction
• P1457 HONDA Evaporative Emissions Control System Leakage EVAP Canister System
• P0141 HONDA O2 Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank
• P1362 HONDA Top Dead Center Sensor 1 No Signal
• P2646 HONDA VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage
• P1361 HONDA Top Dead Center Sensor 1 Intermittent Interruption
• P0730 HONDA Faulty Shift Control System
• P0135 HONDA O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
• P0780 HONDA Shift Control System Fault
• P0705 HONDA Short In Transmission Range Switch Circuit
• P0341 HONDA Camshaft Position Sensor Incorrect Phase Detected
• P0171 HONDA Fuel Injection System Too Lean Bank 1
• P2647 HONDA VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage
• P0325 HONDA Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction
• P1298 HONDA Electric Load Detector Circuit High Voltage
• P0108 HONDA Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage
• P0700 HONDA Automatic Transmission Fault
• P1491 HONDA Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Insufficient Lift
• P0134 HONDA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction
• P0172 HONDA Fuel System Too Rich Bank 1
• P1157 HONDA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Range/Performance Problem
• P0113 HONDA Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
• P0128 HONDA Coolant System Malfunction
• P0706 HONDA Open In Transmission Range Switch Circuit
• P0300 HONDA Random Cylinder Misfire Detected
• P0741 HONDA Torque Converter Clutch Hydraulic Circuit Stuck Off
• P1164 HONDA Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Range/Performance Problem
• P0753 HONDA Shift Solenoid 'A' Circuit Fault
• P1739 HONDA Problem in 3rd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit
• P1381 HONDA Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption
• P0401 HONDA Exhaust Gas Recirculation Insufficient Flow
• U0155 HONDA FCAN Malfunction (Gauge Control Module-ECM/PCM)
• P0118 HONDA Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage
• P0301 HONDA Cylinder Number 1 Misfire Detected
• P1768 HONDA A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve Circuit
• P0133 HONDA O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1
• P1705 HONDA Short in Transmission Range Switch Circuit
• P1753 HONDA Problem in Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve Circuit
• P0122 HONDA Throttle Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Low Voltage
• P0685 HONDA Electronic Control Module Power Control Circuit Malfunction
• P1382 HONDA Cylinder Position Sensor 1 No Signal
• P1077 HONDA Intake Manifold Runner Control System Malfunction (Low rpm)
• P0138 HONDA HO2S Bank 1 Sensor 2 Circuit Low Voltage
• P0010 HONDA Variable Control Timing Oil Control Solenoid Valve Malfunction
• P0336 HONDA Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance

MORE TO READ & REFER
OBD-II Trouble Codes Popular Visited Codes at Engine-Codes.com | Engine-Codes.com

ADD ONs:

There are add on plugin for torque application. Fuel Economy (Fuel Consumption) is one important plugin for Torque Pro app. It is a better visualization of our car's MPG/Fuel consumption in real-time. Using this plugin we can find out how our driving behaviours affect the fuel consumption. It can also indicate Kilometres per Litre or Miles per Gallon. Unfortunately this plugin is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy Note- II.

Fuel Economy Plugin for Torque Pro - YouTube

FOOT NOTE & PRECAUTIONS:

As said, The ELM327 Bluetooth transmitter is perfect for the backyard hobbyist, shade tree mechanic, or anyone who wants to play around with OBD-II apps on an Android tablet or phone.

Definitely helpful in spotting car troubles, clearing accumulated errors that fire up the engine check light, Or useful when we simply want to observe our car's behaviour and status in a little more detail in real time, example to trace down to "suspicious fuel trims increase" …

Regarding ELM 327 -OBD II SCANNER, honestly the original ones are very expensive and what we get from China are copy/clones. Not all the Chinese makes are good. I have selected the cheapest and the best among them based on the sales & feedback review.

Remember to unplug the OBD Device when vehicle is not in use as I noticed it stays lit up so it is still drawing power & drain out battery. There are some OBD dongle with on/off switch, but actually the switch never puts off the device but only the Bluetooth signal.

Please note that while reading our own OBD-II fault codes, can be very helpful in diagnosing problems BUT we should only CLEAR codes if we are certain that those codes are not dire in nature.

Ignoring a serious engine fault code could result in significant damage to our vehicle. The information provided here is intended so that we can read our own codes in order to have a better understanding of what might be wrong with your vehicle before we have a professional diagnosis so that we won't be at the mercy of them and might have a better guidance if they are diagnosing a problem incorrectly.

This information is presented in this post is for knowledge purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dr MUDHAN, excellent writing sir. I was waiting for this since long and finally you did it. Thanks a million.

I have read bad manufacture design about following ELM 327 dongle:
elm327_bluetooth2.jpg
IMG 4.jpg
Img 5.jpg

More info: http://www. t e a m - b h p .com/forum/technical-stuff/20803-obd-onboard-diagnostics-indian-cars-51.html#post3334278 (Remove spaces)

So users should be more careful when buying and/or using these Chinese dongles. This simple thing can kill our expensive ECU within seconds if the dongle is faulty or cheap quality design.

Its better to go for mini model like suggested so it doesn't have problem as shown above, otherwise its best to disassemble the dongle first, check for any shorts and then use it if its all ok.

Thanks again...
Best Regards

Last edited:
I am using same Dongle as Dr.Mudhan is using ,I bought it one year ago , I have successfully cleared some errors of my previous car Accent Crdi .Same Dongle did not work on my Toyota Corolla .But it works on My current car - Honda city .Its really useful Device .

Last edited:
hi there. Its a very nice review. I think you do modifications like the way i do. I will go through each and every post made by you when i get time. See you bye. Keep rmoding :)

Top Bottom