My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #526

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Kuwaronline,

It’s really nice to see your car with Pioneer HU that too with one of the top end model '8560BT' available today.

I could feel the feeling that you underwent during the process while handled by an unskilled person.

I too feel that there may not be any problem except the connection might be detached from the AC direction knob. I wish, you should be soon happy after sorting out the issue. However, I think, you have to detach the panel again for connecting the rear view camera, there you can set right this issue.

Of course, the ‘yelew’ panel appears to be OK, may be the silver shade is little brighter. A good sticker shop can mask it with good vinyl stickers, if need be.

Please let me know whether the set comes with IR remote? And also I am not clear about the set whether you bought from SNAPDEAL or from that shop you had installed.

I have also noticed that the Front component speakers are not as expected. Sit relax, I am sure, and you will make it soon better by correctly tuning the sound lines.

Why do you want to have OE panel again? What happened to yours? Was it damaged by that guy?

Is there any way, instead of changing the entire panel, to get the suitable outer cover / brackets for the OE panel to fit with the Pioneer HU?

One suggestion, if possible change all the three AC control knobs as I did. It will enhance the overall appearance of such a beautiful set.

Enjoy your In-Car Entertainment.

I would request all my friends who are reading this post, the following:

Please note removing and refitting our ANHC (2009-2012) central panel is not that easy. It is better to watch carefully whether being carried out step by step.

Let us first well verse so that it would be easy to monitor. This GUIDE will be very useful to us:

How to Remove Honda City Car Stereo and Install it step by step - Posted by Rongzhenquan

Only thing that you should note the illustrations are for left hand drive ANHC.

( Right click over the picture to open in a larger size in a new window, please! )

Clip.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

Clip_3.jpg

Clip_4.jpg

Clip_5.jpg

Last edited:
@ Kuwaronline,

It’s really nice to see your car with Pioneer HU that too with one of the top end model '8560BT' available today.

I could feel the feeling that you underwent during the process while handled by an unskilled person.

I too feel that there may not be any problem except the connection might be detached from the AC direction knob. I wish, you should be soon happy after sorting out the issue. However, I think, you have to detach the panel again for connecting the rear view camera, there you can set right this issue.

Of course, the ‘yelew’ panel appears to be OK, may be the silver shade is little brighter. A good sticker shop can mask it with good vinyl stickers, if need be.

Please let me know whether the set comes with IR remote? And also I am not clear about the set whether you bought from SNAPDEAL or from that shop you had installed.

Yes it does comes with IR remote. I got it from snapdeal.com only but when I got bill with it, there was address of shop. i.e. OM Enterprise, Karol Baugh, Kind of co-incident [:)]. So I suppose to go there(Karol Baugh not at his shop but earlier shop from where I got Amp and basstube installed) for installation. So went to this guy shop to get stamped my bill and warranty card. Pioneer India doesnt entertain until they have stamped bill and warranty card for warranty claims.

I have also noticed that the Front component speakers are not as expected. Sit relax, I am sure, and you will make it soon better by correctly tuning the sound lines.

Yup your are right on this, but need help. I couldnt do it myself

Why do you want to have OE panel again? What happened to yours? Was it damaged by that guy?

No its in perfect condition thanks to other guy who came to help that idiot.

Is there any way, instead of changing the entire panel, to get the suitable outer cover / brackets for the OE panel to fit with the Pioneer HU?
hmm I dont think so, its single unit. I wanted to change as same as original but nothing urgent

One suggestion, if possible change all the three AC control knobs as I did. It will enhance the overall appearance of such a beautiful set.

Yes, It would be my next job [;)]

Enjoy your In-Car Entertainment.

[:)]
Replies in BOLD, Thanks for guide I will be at great use in future. Most of the mechanic dont know how to open ivetc front panel.

That installation seems to be nice and fine, feel sorry abouth those unskilled people job as it's special dashboard piece so need to Handel with that care only. Anyways ends well then all well.
Somehow I feel that that aftermarket panel lacks the plushness of original panel, no offense to you at all. It's just my openion. If possible and if you also feel same then find some decals for it as Sir suggested or look for Another panel.
Does your car has steering mounted controls?

Last edited:
That installation seems to be nice and fine, feel sorry abouth those unskilled people job as it's special dashboard piece so need to Handel with that care only. Anyways ends well then all well.
Somehow I feel that that aftermarket panel lacks the plushness of original panel, no offense to you at all. It's just my openion. If possible and if you also feel same then find some decals for it as Sir suggested or look for Another panel.
Does your car has steering mounted controls?
No I have EMT, but just like Mudhan ji, I upgraded whatever I felt doing, like Alloy wheels of top model, remote locking, good ICE etc.

Yes the panel does lack plushness thats why I said in earlier comments that I need to change but if original panel is under 2k. Offense, lolzz none taken I too feel same [:)]

No I have EMT, but just like Mudhan ji, I upgraded whatever I felt doing, like Alloy wheels of top model, remote locking, good ICE etc.
Thats good thing because you don't have to worry about it (i.e getting the controls work with aftermarket hu). Instead you can have steering mounted remote if you like.

Yes the panel does lack plushness thats why I said in earlier comments that I need to change but if original panel is under 2k. Offense, lolzz none taken I too feel same [:)]
I doubt it be under 2k because here in ebay.in one of seller has listed used one for 4k. You also tell contact him and negotiate because he has listed the item since long and its not selling. Also tell him new model city has launched and this panel is no use for it. [;)]

btw; I had bought Meguiars applicator pads from ebay.in and got them today. There are sponge based unlike Mothers applicator pads which are MF based. I doubt about their durability compared to MF based but no idea how best thay are. Tomorrow is the day to polish and wax my car. Will let you guys know how the pads work. Attaching a snapshot. Kindly note the thread I have put to the pads, they are for anti-drop. [:D]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #531

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@CRACIN

Great. You think different. I mean your anti-drop idea! Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads are wonderful detailing tool.

Regarding, Double Din Fascia Panel for our ANHC (3RD Gen), only a very few aftermarket products are available.

What Kuwaronline brought is a good quality, even today at Chennai it is sold for Rs.4000/- (of course , on line price is also almost Rs.4 to 5 K. The price paid by him @ Rs.1600/- is really cheap. If he doesn’t like the color, even it can be painted neatly to pencil grey color as what we see in ANHC AVN model.

The used panel from ebay.in indicated by you is also available @OLX.in Delhi @Rs.3000/- HERE

It is the same another model available in aliexpress for 88 dollars. I feel it is too expensive. HERE

I feel there is no need to spend more on this.

Honda-City-VA-dashboard.jpg

Last edited:
Thats good thing because you don't have to worry about it (i.e getting the controls work with aftermarket hu). Instead you can have steering mounted remote if you like.
Yup, agreed.

What Kuwaronline brought is a good quality, even today at Chennai it is sold for Rs.4000/- (of course , on line price is also almost Rs.4 to 5 K. The price paid by him @ Rs.1600/- is really cheap. If he doesn’t like the color, even it can be painted neatly to pencil grey color as what we see in ANHC AVN model.

I feel there is no need to spend more on this.
Yes you are right, there is no need to spend more except coloring to pencil gray from service center. It cover both the job i.e. any control which are not working, they will take care of it. Current color is too bright, which can be painted in pencil gray.

btw; I had bought Meguiars applicator pads from ebay.in and got them today. There are sponge based unlike Mothers applicator pads which are MF based. I doubt about their durability compared to MF based but no idea how best thay are. Tomorrow is the day to polish and wax my car. Will let you guys know how the pads work. Attaching a snapshot. Kindly note the thread I have put to the pads, they are for anti-drop. [:D]

Also Do let us know the result of polish and waxing with set of pictures and products reviews which you are used.

@CRACIN
Regarding, Double Din Fascia Panel for our ANHC (3RD Gen), only a very few aftermarket products are available.

The used panel from ebay.in indicated by you is also available @OLX.in Delhi @Rs.3000/- HERE

Totally agree with the idea of repainting of OE color rather to spent more on new. I feel the panel comes with AVN model is fabulous but i doubt Honda will provide that for other variant users.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #535

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ nvrmndryo

Please try once again with one knob, remove & refit after zeroing down with the origional knob.
Through a torch light and by switching on the parking light, Look at the knob gear as well as inner stock and re- do it. If the problem persist, take a snap shot and lodge a dispute with ebay.
I am 100% sure either you will get a replacement or refund. This has never occurred earlier to me or to others who have bought from our forum.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #536

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ nvrmndryo

This picture is for you. The AC Knobs in my ALBUS to show you how they are aligned with shaft controls. All are in the first/end position.

Dr Mudhan.jpg

110019d1380300778-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-dsc01231_zps34713280.jpg

( Look at the GEARS ! - Please ensure it sits perfectly with inner shaft )

@HaruH

… I feel the panel comes with AVN model is fabulous but i doubt Honda will provide that for other variant users.
It won’t suit to any aftermarket HU like PIONEER. This panel got many manual control and PIONEER has everything in touch screen. The new CASKA Smart Series is almost like this. But not VFM & SQ can’t be compared to PIONEER HU.

Last edited:
Also Do let us know the result of polish and waxing with set of pictures and products reviews which you are used.
I'm using mothers products past many months and the outcome was always great. You can check the reviews of the products I have written here and first use results are uploaded here

So far I was using Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads but I also heard good reviews about Meguiar's Soft Foam Applicator Pads and wanted to try them. So yesterday I bought them and used today.

I got surprised when I used them. They were so easy on the car body surface. Just keep fingers on pad (light pressure) and slide like swapping on touch screen device. Pad moves so easily but applies product evenly, no sticky.

Mags.jpg

In case of Mothers MF Applicator Pads, I had little trouble applying products since pad would become sticky and won't move on the surface easily. Instead I have to hold half of the pad to move it, unlike 5 fingers above. Need some lights from Dr MUDHAN here as what could be wrong.

However, foam pads are less durable but costs 25-50% less compared Mothers MF Applicator Pads. Alternative to Meguiar's Soft Foam Applicator Pads, are Detailed Clean's Basics Foam Wax Applicator Pads which costs Rs. 120 for single and Rs. 620 for six pads.

As of ending session results, snaps are uploaded here

Apologize for not taking better outside pictures because I had lost fuel in my veins and grease in my elbows to go outside. Work took 6 hours from 7am to 1pm without rest and lunch, only few cups of water and tea. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
I'm using mothers products past many months and the outcome was always great. You can check the reviews of the products I have written here and first use results are uploaded here

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Coido-6016-H..._Accessories_Parts&hash=item258ca5daaf&_uhb=1

So far I was using Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads but I also heard good reviews about Meguiar's Soft Foam Applicator Pads and wanted to try them. So yesterday I bought them and used today.

I got surprised when I used them. They were so easy on the car body surface. Just keep fingers on pad (light pressure) and slide like swapping on touch screen device. Pad moves so easily but applies product evenly, no sticky.

View attachment 135271

In case of Mothers MF Applicator Pads, I had little trouble applying products since pad would become sticky and won't move on the surface easily. Instead I have to hold half of the pad to move it, unlike 5 fingers above. Need some lights from Dr MUDHAN here as what could be wrong.

However, foam pads are less durable but costs 25-50% less compared Mothers MF Applicator Pads. Alternative to Meguiar's Soft Foam Applicator Pads, are Detailed Clean's Basics Foam Wax Applicator Pads which costs Rs. 120 for single and Rs. 620 for six pads.

As of ending session results, snaps are uploaded here

Apologize for not taking better outside pictures because I had lost fuel in my veins and grease in my elbows to go outside. Work took 6 hours from 7am to 1pm without rest and lunch, only few cups of water and tea. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Okay thank you so much for detailed review of products and set of pictures. I van understand the paint after working continuously for 6 hours. Why don't you consider good polishing machine which cost around 3 to 4k? That can easily reduce the pain in great extend. See this http://www.ebay.in/itm/CAR-POLISHER..._Accessories_Parts&hash=item2c83152cf0&_uhb=1

What you think about the MEGUIARS ULTIMATE POLISH and Collinite 845 Insulator Wax?? Have tried those product in past? I read very good reviews for those on many forums. If you can give some light on the same then it'll be the great help for me.

Last edited:
Okay thank you so much for detailed review of products and set of pictures. I van understand the paint after working continuously for 6 hours. Why don't you consider good polishing machine which cost around 3 to 4k? That can easily reduce the pain in great extend. See this CAR Polisher 180mm Kzubr Russian Type | eBay
Wish I could get it but it will be more expensive thing, not just the machine but pads for it cost 1k and above. Most of the things are imported and we have to pay double or triple. Also using a machine is a professionals work, if not done properly, it may damage car paint. I will surely buy a machine but this isn't the right time. [:)]

What you think about the MEGUIARS ULTIMATE POLISH and Collinite 845 Insulator Wax?? Have tried those product in past? I read very good reviews for those on many forums. If you can give some light on the same then it'll be the great help for me.
Sorry, I'm yet amateur to car detailing. Been using premium products past 6 months only. Mothers products are my first premium car detailing products and I liked them because of cheap and best options they have. May be Dr MUDHAN can help you with other products.

I have heard Meguiars Ultimate Polish isn't so mild so it may be little difficult to buff if doing by hand. Could be more aggressive then Mothers Polish.

As of waxes, there are plenty of them to choice. Its a personal choice, availability and budget. [:)]

Also there are products called Polishing Glaze which fills un-correctable/deep scratches, which is to be used between polish and wax. I haven't used it yet but I believe it is also a good product to give the car a rich shine. Check detailed guide by Dr MUDHAN here, if you haven't already. You can also find useful info in Autogeek online, Meguiars online, Wax forum and etc.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom