My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #31

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Mr. Mudhan, Already i have gone thru GALIO and found the LED blinkers are available for spark. Not only for that but so many other accessories for my sparky. Being yesterday was off for me i thought of going there but I could n't. If possible I will go there on Thursday have a look, enquire about all the products and check about fitting [will they do or do they recommend someone nearby].

Thanks for the info.

BTW, do you any one who can help me out design/make to order parcel trey for my sparky. Since mine is LPG version, spare Tyre occupies the back seat and both speakers are fixed in same side which does n't give me any effect.
Sorry Mr.Sethu, I don't have any idea of people making parcel tray & in fact I am searching people who can make a quality duck tail spoiler for my ANHC. Galio dealer will help you to find people for fitting. Pl.share your experience. Thanks.

Thread Starter #33

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks.

BTW, I do not know whether you have gone thru this meet thread pls go thru and if possible join us for the meet on 28th at Yelagiri. I think around 4 cars will be going from chennai. and around 10 to 15 cars are expected to join from Bangalore.

Other chennai-bangalore meets in past
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-chennai-meet-experiences-pg-19-onwards.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...chennai-hyderabad-members-meet-bangalore.html
Thanks for your invitation. I am sorry; I won’t be able to join with you all. Yes, I went through the thread- what a meticulous planning, and memorable days.
Have wonderful moments this time too.

Thread Starter #34

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART X:
HONDA CITY CUSTOM A/C DASH PANEL CONTROL KNOBS / DIALS:

Somehow I felt that I should change my AC knobs which appeared to me dated and old washing machine style. I checked up some stores at Chennai and I became an alien to them. I could find the type of knob I wanted @ aliexpress.com but it was for Ford and other cars and not for my City. At last I found @ ebay.com and ordered. To my surprise it reached me within 20 days. I tried my best to remove my existing knobs, pulling out by fingers but it was very tight. Cutting plier helped me but I did it with a small press mark.
I was excited to see the new look of my dashboard panel, I tried to insert the new knob, it was not fitting in. I felt that it might be for old model City. I tried to reduce the stem length by cutting it, still it never worked. Then I felt that something was wrong with those knobs. I looked inside the original knob, I could find two clips inside which was not there. Then I felt, it was waste of money and time. I had spent around Rs.1300/- The mistake I did, I gave an excellent feedback about the seller & the product, by looking at the quality. Now what to do. I felt it very bad. Still I wanted to inform about my feeling and disappointment, I wrote to the seller about the mismatch and how it had damaged the internals when I tried to over press, hoping that it would hold.
The unexpected happened. The seller immediately responded, apologized and refunded the full money through my Pay Pal account.
The world is still good because of such nice people...!
I saw another seller @ ebay.com.ph and his display was very detailed and I could see the anatomy of the knobs. Still I wanted to confirm whether those have the two clips like original. The seller assured. The color was silver (the earlier one was black), I ordered with prayers that it should never disappoint me again. Got it within 20 days via Hong Kong mail. Beautifully matched by a click. The silver color was little bright for the black background circle so I pasted a black CFV paper neatly around the knob.
Yes, the interior became beautiful and different.

Attachments

Last edited:
I just booked a HONDA CITY CE just need some information regarding the electrical warranty-- is it necessary to get the ICE from Honda dealership or can i buy it from local store and the fitment can be done in Honda dealership?

Fantastic write up Dr Mudhan!
the way you express your thoughts and the way the car had evolved on your hands has been an amazing experience for first timers like me.
Even I share some similarity with you in being distinct from others.
Great going Sir. I will absorb some snippets from your thread :)

Thread Starter #38

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I just booked a HONDA CITY CE just need some information regarding the electrical warranty-- is it necessary to get the ICE from Honda dealership or can i buy it from local store and the fitment can be done in Honda dealership?
Dear saimad4u
Warranty is a million dollar question!
I know you are so desperate to know about this warranty issue. I have noted your same query in the other Honda forum- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...539-my-white-lightning-honda-city-s-mt-6.html
There are only two types of ICE accessories are available with the Honda dealer. One normal single din type like regular sets and another one a double din CASKA. Though CASKA is a standard aftermarket fitment by the dealers, it is not approved by the Honda, Japan. CASKA is safe as the set is only plug and play but very expensive, costs almost Rs.60,000/-
If you are lucky, some very good Chinese makes as replacement to origional are also available. the price would be around Rs.30,000 but you have to be doubly careful. I think CASKA also a Chinese make.
Other sets need wire connections through stripping/splicing wires; by avoiding total cutting of wire which generally felt by customers that will have no warranty issue.
A friendly dealer will always advise you to carry out with outside shops such aftermarket unofficial accessories as every work carried at the dealer will be recordered in the car data sheet. If do it with dealer, in such non Honda items see that it is not recorded in the bill.
Regarding warranty, if your time is good everything will go well. Or otherwise you have to fight to win and sometimes you may lose it.
If you want the stock ICE, search internet, sometimes available @olx.in / ebay.in from Honda city owners who replaced the original by high end aftermarket one. Do it @dealer.
Or if you know any reputed car audio dealer who has a skilled professional auto electrician, get it what you want for a reasonable price & even you can see the demo & choose.
ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU.
Do not forget to share your experience with us.

Thread Starter #39

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Fantastic write up Dr Mudhan!
the way you express your thoughts and the way the car had evolved on your hands has been an amazing experience for first timers like me.
Even I share some similarity with you in being distinct from others.
Great going Sir. I will absorb some snippets from your thread :)
Dear vicky90
First of all, thanks for visiting my thread. I have been seeing your thread and you are a master in that.
You are right, we have some similarity especially in sharing the best to our fellow TAI_ ns!
Please note in your thread about good car care professionals, shops, skilled auto electricians at CHENNAI whom you have come across & rate very good so that people like me can make use of it.
THANKS.

Thread Starter #40

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr Mudhan I guess your next upgrade should be some smart alloys :)
Can you please find me the shark fin radio antenna in urban titanium.
Dear ravib
You guessed it right. I am really interested in alloys & upsizing the tyres. But…no no not now [;)], let it complete two years, my warranty period.
Regarding your interest over shark fin antenna, you will get here what you like & want:
Newest design special car With blank radio shark fin antenna signal shark fin with 3M adhesive for VW polo Bora-in Aerials from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Attachments

Whole Thread is getting Better day by day [:)]
Fantastic write up sir

Btw , could you help me getting the link of those AC knobs ? I would like to give it a try [;)]

Keep the thread growing sir [clap]

Thread Starter #42

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Whole Thread is getting Better day by day [:)]
Fantastic write up sir

Btw , could you help me getting the link of those AC knobs ? I would like to give it a try [;)]

Keep the thread growing sir [clap]
Dear vishnu vichu

Thanks for your nice words.
Here is the link from where I bought:
HONDA CITY Custom Air Con A/C Dash Control Knobs Panel Dials - 3 SILVER - NEW | eBay
If you want black, check this link also:
3PCS/LOT AC air condition knob for Honda city A/C panel knob Heater control knobs switch Sticker accessories auto car products-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Sir you have shared so many useful links and info. Even I have already ordered a dash cover for my dash board. Hope my long time problem of beige dash board reflection on windshield.

thanks for info Dr MUDHAN. I will sure share my experience over here,eagerly waiting to take delivery of my Car need to wait till 3rd October.I will start ownership report after 1 week.
You got a very good write up make sure you keep the tread growing with all the latest updates.

Thread Starter #45

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir you have shared so many useful links and info. Even I have already ordered a dash cover for my dash board. Hope my long time problem of beige dash board reflection on windshield.
Dear Sethu
I must compliment you for you being the forerunner in sharing many things through your sparky threads.
Actually I felt it very bad when I tried to register in another 3 letter auto forum, the way they reacted to my interest. Sometimes people miss to judge others.
I am really happy to be with stalwart like you and the way TAI & TAI_ns encouraging me. Thank you very much.

Top Bottom