My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thanks Doc, for the links.

A1 shades looks nice for me.
The rolling type from ALi Express also nice ( I used to have similar shades in my previous cars - 5 Years back). But, I think, will have a problem with buying from Ali Express as mostly they will be using big courier companies like DHL or Blue dart etc and their offices are about 3kms away from my home; Their usual practice is to call the customers and ask them to pick up the parcel from their office which means they don't deliver at home. I hate this process, hence always prefer buying through Amazon or flipkart.

Please for god's sake, stop using window shades for the front 2 doors, it's the most dangerous thing, after the sunroof.
I've seen owners tying up in knots to get a glimpse of the oncoming traffic, especially on turns and when changing lanes.
It's only meant for the back door windows, don't believe me have a look at the luxury cars, which have it as OEM on the back windows.
It's your life and choice.
Cheers

Yes, I agree, Vinodji.
Rather than window shades, I mainly wanted a Windshield shade as GPS antenna has been fixed on the dashboard behind the steering wheel and close to the windshield (edge) which is directly open to the sky and all Sun heat falls on it. I read news reports that the GPS antenna covers getting melt in such direct sun, heat conditions so I want to save the antenna from sun stroke[roll]

Thread Starter #1,894

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Nanofreak

Thanks for your response and suggestion. Agreed with you that one should not compromise visibility at any cost.

Fortunately, it is removable & no issues we can remove and keep in the boot. For rear passengers it’s a boon as it directly filters sun rays , even if no rear passengers it reduces overall heat to some extend. Yes, I have noticed rolling window shades in some MERC as part of OE.

I also understand, it may not long last for those cars always parked under hot sun outside as the internal metal frame gets heated up and magnets lose its property. Also to be careful not to damage the car windows rubber beading/weather shield.

Definitely, I will keep them off in monsoon, whenever I am not comfortable in city / late evenings and while side view mirrors cannot be accessed. Also, will be removed while washing the car as it may help avoiding any rusting spot and I shall keep watching the door frames/rubber shield as I cannot bear any damage to them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,895

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

THREAD INDEX UPDATE

Clip_2.jpg

Good Day to Dear All.

I believe, whenever this thread pop ups in the TAI postings you expect some new information every time...

That's the reason I avoid simple chatting unless necessary and wait to acknowledge along with some new information for not disappointing the Reader.

I know, though I never get so many LIKES, but getting quite a lot of viewers, that’s the one motivates me to contribute something and makes all my threads alive.

Unfortunately, after the recent TAI website update most of the intra- thread links provided in our past postings are failed and it links only to the first starting page of a thread.

I have redesigned the first page so that to help through INDEX PAGE, as many readers come to this thread in search of some information. That's the reason, there's a need for an update to help them for maximum possible information by providing the page numbers for easy browsing.

I have made 2020 UPDATE as on date, including all the relevant information of both positive and negative factors appeared in postings & interactions.

I reiterate, the information provided here by me and our well-wishers are purely of our feelings, our experience with a good intention to help each other. It's my request that if anyone likes to adopt should never compromise the safety of driving. Yes, convenience differs to different persons.

Hope, the new UPDATE will help them getting some information for taking a right decision.

LINK: My New Honda City in White - The Albus (The Beginning…)

Regards
Dr MUDHAN @ ALBUS
anhc-gif.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom