My ALBUS Honda City Side Lights required a NON-POLAR mini T10 bulb that can get into the reflector holder, also should work in dual mode – both as side indicator and parking lamp.
After a long wait and after spending unnecessarily on different bulbs finally I got the right product.
I purchased a pair for 1.80 dollars as a first buyer taking risk but now it is available for half the price and you can make a try. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-P...460.html?spm=a2g0s.90423184.108.40.206424c4dHq6yHO
Before this, I purchased recently other T10 NON POLAR bulbs which is specified to the OE Bulb size and of a glass case. I could not get into the side indicator lens socket as it was longer than the OE Bulb.
BUT, I replaced my old front parking lights as one of them was fused. These are also beautiful bulbs.
Update on the Motul 8100 Xcess. This engine oil is lots of fun for spirited drivers like me. After a 1300kms long highway drive, it returned a mileage of 16kmpl. But in city mileage is poor, hardly 10kmpl even when driven very sedately.
I understand your concern and indeed our City has poor headlights. However, for safety reasons I wouldn't recommend 100w bulbs. I'm using Philips Crystal Vision since many years but honestly it isn't any better then stock bulbs in terms of brightness. Just that it gives white light with yellow tint and I like it. Also I don't drive in night often.
You have two options; LED bulbs which are inexpensive and easy to install but there are many different types and you have to choose wisely. The other one is HID + projectors and these need headlights pry opened to fit the projectors. It has to be sealed properly else the headlight gets fogged.
I would suggest to go through this thread and see if you can find a suitable bulb or information. You can also ask suggestions or queries to bhvm sir. He has lots of knowledge about LEDs and HID bulbs.
How are you? and how is the Albus doing? I haven't seen your posts since long.
I have been busy lately as I'm doing woodworking projects for my home. My car is doing well and I have added few goodies last year. Here are the details:
1. Liqui Moly LMFIC Petrol Injector Cleaner, I gave this product a try and I'm not sure whether it made any improvements to engine performance and also there was no change in PUC.
2. I have upgraded my generic A118C dashcam to Viofo A119S v2 and moved old cam to rear glass. I have taken snapshots of the installation but couldn't make a thread for it. Here are all the pictures.
3. Brake and clutch oil had high levels of moisture so replaced the oil from ASC. Here are the pictures of me testing the oil before and after
4. I have finally moved from Honda engine oil to aftermarket, that is Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W-40. I got it replaced from nearby garage and its doing very well so far. I have posted the details here.
1. Engine hood insulator is worn and scratched by my cats. I have ordered new one on boodmo for Rs.777 and it will be delivered next week. I will post details once I get it.
2. In this Amazon Republic Day sales, K&N air filter was listed for 3.1k which is 2.5k less then normal price. It was in my wish list since long but due to high price, I didn't buy it. This time I grabbed it with additional 10% bank discount.
Installed it yesterday and felt improvement right way. Engine power has increased and I can hear air being suck into the engine, like a vacuum machine. The filter lasts upto 80k kilometers and then needs cleaning with recharge kit. However, I don't drive that much so its lifetime for me. Attaching snapshots of the product below.
My car is nearly 10 years old (2009 model) and odo is 51.5k kilometers so far.
Liqui Moly Petrol Injector Cleaner should be mixed with petrol (200ml per tank or 50 litres of fuel). There was no specific reason for using it; I just found it in amazon and thought it would make engine smooth or reduce emission as stated but there wasn't any noticeable difference. However, I don't have issues with engine and may be the injectors are already clean.
Mm , in my friend's diesel fiesta , the injector was having trouble , so used STP diesel injector cleaning (Mixed with diesel) , what happened was after 2 days , the vehicle again started behaving worser (Injector misfired) .
What our Mechanic told was , present day injector nozzle alone can be cleaned (By repressurising) , or it can be replaced , no injector cleaning is recommended. Ford doesn't even recommend throttle body cleaning .