My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@CRACING, First emission report is wrong, CO 2.11 can not be for Honda. usually they don't calibrate their testing unit sensors so most of the centres you get inaccurate readings. Second report CO 0.15 is OK but ideal should be 0.01 to 0.1 in this case too I suspect sensor error. HC(hydrocarbons unburnt) is ok. Quality of engine oil, oil's age and quality of fuel will greatly effect emission tests. You should do test at least running the car for 30mis.

-suryaputhra
Thanks for providing the details. I too suspect the accuracy of testing unit/sensor hence it doesn't help to diagnose my car pollution.

My car engine oil is due for replacement in coming months but I could only get PUC rechecked after 6 months from now. I will keep note of running the car for 30mins before testing.

CRACING My Man. You do the good Dr. proud. The Magician's Apperentice indeed. Really good work!
My pleasure, Thank you. [:)]

@CRACING,
Kudos for the neat wiring and DIY install. Please shed some light on the benefits of having a voltmeter to monitor the electricals.
I like to keep an eye over battery voltage while listening to music so that I don't face low battery. Once the voltage drops below 12.2v, I start the engine and keep it idle for few mins to recharge the battery.

Long ago, I made mistake by keeping music, parking lights, etc ON for long duration and then I couldn't start the engine. Of course, the battery was weak and I had to replace it. Thereafter, I always use voltmeter.

Voltmeter also helps to know the condition of alternator and whether the battery is charging. When I had TATA Nano, I faced issues with battery charging and multiple visits to service center solved the problem. Charging fuse was blown but technicians didn't know until I used my multimeter and showed them that the battery isn't charging! May be I'm the only one to take multimeter to service center. [lol]

Saw a Honda City 2014 VMT Diesel in golden brown colour which has run 35000 Kms today in person along with my dad and price quoted by the owner is ₹8.5L and we ended up for ₹7.9L.The car is well maintained and it does not have any scratches and dents and interior is also well maintained and it has original Ovion Leather Seats and this car is owned by the Doctor.We shall be paying the amount to the owner tomorrow most probably.

Stay tuned for updates on Honda City.

@CRACING, emission test reveals more than pollution, it reveals more information on engine condition. I always keep record of my PUC certificates and analyse what could be the factors affecting. I will write short post an how to read PUC certificate. My Dzire 2015 zxi CO reads 0.00 and HC 3 or 4. 1997 zen carb(not even BS2) reads CO 0.3(regulation limit 3) and HC 15 to 20 because of proper maintenance. Cars do not age.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Saw a Honda City 2014 VMT Diesel in golden brown colour which has run 35000 Kms today in person along with my dad and price quoted by the owner is ₹8.5L and we ended up for ₹7.9L.The car is well maintained and it does not have any scratches and dents and interior is also well maintained and it has original Ovion Leather Seats and this car is owned by the Doctor.We shall be paying the amount to the owner tomorrow most probably.

Stay tuned for updates on Honda City.
Closed the deal today finally!We had paid the token amount to the owner of Honda City today and getting it after 2-3 days.Super excited

Need some inputs on Honda City please?

Hello Friends,

Update on my voltmeter voltage reading issue (Shows 0.3v less then actual). I have contacted seller several time but he is not giving any resolution or satisfactory response.

Says "Sorry, We will try to improve this product in the future" and when I ask "Is it incorrectly calibrated from factory?", he says "This product can not adjust the display!" and stops responding further.

Today I have filed claim with evidence and requested for 50% refund (6 USD). I hope it gets approved. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello,

This post is about major upgrade on my beloved car.

Here is the sneak pic,

IMG_8606.JPG

One of the Cons of this generation (3rd - IVTEC) City's are poor headlight. Everyone of us facing these issue since day one. As other member suggested cost effective solutions are upgrading bulbs (X-tream vision or so) on stock setup, Installation of cut-out etc. are there.
I have also installed Phillips X-tream vision last year but doesn't impress at all as it provides hardly 10% more than stock.
Details here.

At starting of this year I have lost 1 tire because of this problem of low visibility. In the night Car went from one deep road glitch which resulted huge bubble on newly installed tire. [frustration]
With this incident I have took this concern seriously and started to look for the best possible option with retaining stock look of the car. I don't want to go for cut out as over the time they burnt out headlight reflector which again results into low light and bad look on face of the car.

Started looking for projector upgrade with some good durability, while researching on internet came across one company called Xenonplanate who exclusively deals in headlights upgrade. Checked there FB page which got some awesome output results with retention of stock look. They got multiple options available in there stable depending on individual need. They alo got installer on few places, contacted them to check out in Hyderabad which is one of the place. Got details of there person and discussed him about the things and my requirements. He suggested Mini Super V3 setup with 55w. All there setup comes with 2 years warranty which is very rare. Told him to go ahead by paying some advance.

This is what I have got: Mini Super v3: Complete Kit

Yesterday finally got it install on the car and here's the pictures from start.

Removal of Bumper & Headlight
IMG_8567.JPG

Mini Super V3 projector
IMG_8569.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

Headlight assembly opening
IMG_8571.JPG

Size of projector with headlight
IMG_8570.JPG

CCFL Shroud for Projectors
IMG_8573.JPG

How it looks after installation
IMG_8578.JPG

Testing for perfect positioning of projector
IMG_8581.JPG

Cut off while testing
IMG_8582.JPG

Sealant for resealing of Headlamps
IMG_8572.JPG

Resealing of Headlamp
IMG_8583.JPG

After Installation
IMG_8584.JPG

Refitting of Bumper
IMG_8586.JPG

Alignment in on (Light alignment not steering [:D])
IMG_8587.JPG

How it actual look on the car
Only DRL On
IMG_8607.JPG

Low Beam On
IMG_8608.JPG

Close-up shot
IMG_8609.JPG

From side
IMG_8613.JPG

Final Output, Impressive isn't it?
IMG_8596.JPG

Covering all 3 lanes
IMG_8600.JPG

Lights from front
JEIR5851.jpg

Complete installation took 3 and half hour for 3 guys. Mr. Mayur is XP's authorized installer in Hyderabad. Very good and calm person. He answered all my queries in polite way also assured me for good after sales support. [:)]

My biggest worry in this installation is opening and resealing of headlamps and for this concern I have not did projector installation till date. He assured me for same and told if anything arise we will resolve it.

Few Important things to know before going for such a installation,
  • You need to do it at experience installer who know what he is doing, Complex and major part is opening, resealing of headlight and alignment of projectors.
  • Quality and durability of components are very important as it required lot of efforts and you can't do multiple corrections.
  • Select product bases on your need. Define what you looking for as multiple options are available in market. Check whether you are doing it for Usability or just for show.
  • Selection of bulb is individual choice but If you are looking for visibility in all condition then go for either 4300k or 5000k. Above 5000k will not good for visibility as it adds up blue light.
  • Align projector properly so them you will not blind oncoming traffic.
  • After Sales support is very important as it's not a simple product and you can't undo it. Undoing means replacement of headlamps.
  • This set up is Plug n Play for all universal sockets such as H4-H7 etc. Only tapping is required for DRL. If your car is in warranty and you are worried for it then it's highly subjected matter. Always maintain good relations with Service guy in possible manner who can help you out in complex warranty claims. But make sure that your installation is clean and tide. Don't leave anything lose or open in Engine bay for longer durability of components.
  • Installation done by Mr. Mayur is very clean and tidy. Every wire is properly tie with cable ties and tapes. No hanging wires in the bay. Few things are there which I feel needs to coupled firmly with bolts such as HID ballets which I'll do it on my own. Also will cover all the wires with protector cover so that it will look as OEM.
  • Always be prepare for deviations.

This is my experience, I'll update the durability of product subsequently. Also will post some before and after images with respect with stock lights.

Thanks.

@ HaruH. Super Duper job. Wish it were less expensive though. How much extra were the labour costs for installation? Looks awesome!
Thanks Mr.Swamy, I have checked multiple websites, forum and shops. You can get projector setup for 10k also but again that is of no use and not reliable. As I mentioned it's totally depend upon your need and budget.

Total setup cost me 25k in that 4.5k is for installation. I know it's on little higher side but you are getting after sales support which is very important if any problem arise. [:)]

Neat setup with quite good results. What's the Warranty Period? I need a similar setup for my car but in Delhi.

Regards

Akash

Hi Akash,

Warranty is for 2 years. I guess they have installer in Delhi region, in-fact these guys are from Delhi & Chandigarh area only. You can try to contact them for details.

Hello,

One more accessory I wanted for my car is Flip Key. There are multiple options available in market but all are around 2.5k to 4k also you can't say anything about these workmanship.

One day I have found one aliexpress listing for Flip Key, i.e. https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...&orderId=30530012489551&productId=32667645925
per key shell cost is around $3 which is super cheap. I thought to give it a try and have ordered one key. Shipment comes very quickly within around 15 days. Quality feels very good and sturdy.

Went to keymaker and got blade cut but unfortunately he over-cut the blade. [frustration] I don't know how must be his machine is not good. Because of this everything got waste.

Asked seller whether he can give extra key blade or not. He told extra key blade is not possible you have to order entire key housing. So again ordered key housing, this time ordered 2 housing for a safe side. Shipment received fast within 15 days. And for my surprise seller gave 1 extra housing for free so I got 3 Flip key housing with blade.
Key set.jpg

Got the new blade cut from other key maker, this time all went well and key blade got perfectly. I can open the car, boot and can on the ignition without any issue.
IMG_8634.jpg

Got home and swipe the button circuit into Flip key housing which is very simple and straight fit. [:)] All done and went to car for test it out and for my surprise car unable to start. [frustration] And showed Immobilizer signal. Got confuse because its a straight fix and I haven't changed anything except blade.
Search on internet for the issue and found out the distance between Immobilizer transponder and key blade is more. Thus it's unable to communicate with car ECU which result car won't start.

So now question is how come this issue in flip key and not in Original key, Here is the answer.
Indian City remote gets integrated transponder on the button circuit where as other car has separate transponder.
The Transponder
Trasponder.jpg

Our Car Remote
IMG_8632.jpg

Other car remote with separate transponder
5pcs-lot-New-Ignition-Remote-font-b-transponder-b-font-font-b-Key-b-font-Fob.jpg

Flip key housing has grove for separate transponder which is very close to key blade.
IMG_8633.jpg
But because of integrated transponder in our cars we can't place it at given location which cause this issue. I got very disappointed with this.
IMG_8627.JPG
Started looking for solution I and got the multiple option, nothing is tested or proven,
1. Buy another transponder and place it on the given place in flip key.
Issue: There will be 2 transponders in same key so it may create conflicts which result into car not starting. Risky option when you are out and car refuse to start. Also recording of transponder is required for which Honda charge bomb. And don't know whether it will work or not.

2. Take out original transponder from the key circuit.
Issue: Very bad option to temper original master key of car, If it won't workout properly then you have to buy new key which is costly affair. Highly against the alteration on OEM equipment.
Video of this kind off mod:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZ241Yzxxg

3. Cut out 2nd Key and extract transponder from same.
Issue: Sacrifice of 2nd key which may create huge trouble in case of loss of original key. Again 2 transponder in same key as mentioned in 1st option.
Video of this kind of mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNaotDpVOY

Again started to look more on this and found that separate transponder with remote is available on aliexpress.
Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rem...5.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.264.9U8kum
This may be the solution of the issue but seller mentioned model numbers are not match with the model number of our key.
Out key is, Civic 2button Remote Set and Honda 2 button Remote 313.8MHz-Japan Valeo S0084-A 1-AK 72147-SNB-u010-M2 35111-SNB-306 for 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Civic
I am not sure about the frequency but it could be 313.8MHz (From the model number). Transponder used in our key is ID 46.

I am confuse whether to order this key and check because of 2 factors, cost of coding, key cost (although its less) and uncertainty about working.

So please mind that conversion of flip key of our car is not that simple.

If anyone can shed more light on this then it will be good help. Thanks.

Last edited:
@Haruh
Please check this and it was working for me well.
Hello doctor and friends,

I have a new update to share with you,i changed my car key to flip key, as i mentioned earlier in my post i was planing to change my key to flip key. I bought flip key shell from Ebay(USA) and cut the blade here in local shop. Everything went well they did perfect cutting. Myself i changed internal electronics such as sensor chip with remote button also stick the honda H red logo which is matching for my other honda red emblems . Key is working perfectly,I paid 1K for key blade cutting, i know its costly but the shop guy told me honda key blades are hard so its difficult to cut compare to other vehicles key. I bought flip key for RS-600,total cost Rs 1600.

Here is few pictures of my new flip key.

View attachment 201170

View attachment 201171

View attachment 201172

View attachment 201173

@Haruh
Please check this and it was working for me well.
Ok. Thanks for your input. Is it possible to share the link from which you bought the key. I understand it's old purchase but still any how? I have seen similarly key shell on tbhp working fine with City.

Thanks.

Top Bottom