My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello doctor and friends,
I am planing to upgrade my honda city to new city:)
Had a test drive and i am really fall in love with new city,more premium interior and agressive front view.

I Would like to know,where is the best place to sale my android navigation system and alloys, do you think OLX is good place to sale this items?

I am exchanging my car with new one, but i noticed that they dont give any extra amount for this navigation or alloys,they only looking model and condition,so its not worth to give them this all items.
I am planing to get full option honda city this time(petrol),dont wanna miss the IV tech engine smoothness, new model comes with DRL and looking more premium.
Please advice if you have any suggestion.

Last edited:
After all the chit chat about brake pads.... Has anyone actually used Bosch / Brembo brakes besides OEM and TVS?
I was more interested in Brembo brakes pads but unable to decide because of the following: Condition of existing brake pads seems good but I'm not sure. Replacing them to aftermarket brake pads in service center isn't possible so I need to find good car repair shop. May be tire shops will help me.

Carzspares has stock of Brembo brake pads but I have little doubt whether they are actually for Honda City 3rd gen. I don't know how the brake pads look so only at the time of installation I will be able to know whether they are correct. This is not a problem if the product box states vehicle model name.

I have been busy these days and also had two incidents to my car. 1. First puncture to my beloved Michelin tyre. Fixed it in tyre shop and its fine now. 2. Bolt that holds muffler tip got broken (Head was rusted) and started vibrating. I had hard time removing the leftover bolt and fixed it for temporary, as it needs new nut to be welded. Meanwhile I ordered new muffler tip on Amazon.

Last edited:
Is this a fake exhaust tip or stock? [confused]
Its stock, being fitted from factory for top end models and made specially for Honda City exhaust pipe. I don't know the cost of new one but it should be expensive (3k+). Mine is fine and only the nut is damaged which needs to be replaced by welding. I will do it on free times.

The one I ordered on Amazon is aftermarket exhaust tip, may be its China made and I don't think it will be good as original. After all it cost me Rs. 350/- and I thought to give it try. Link

Last edited:
I too ordered one just to give it a try, from aliexpress though. :stupid:
Wow, what a coincident! [:)] Which one did you choose?

Tiago has bent down exhaust end and length of the pipe is short, so do you think it will fit? Also bent muffler tip will slightly increase the sound because the flow of gas will not be straight.

Last edited:
Wow, what is coincident! [:)] Which one did you choose?
Tiago has bent down exhaust end and length of the pipe is short, so do you think it will fit? Also bent muffler tip will slightly increase the sound because the flow of gas will not be straight.
Model #6 for $5.15. I looked at Tiago's tail pipe to get a feel for compatibility before placing the order. As you said, it is bent down, oval in shape and the cut is also at an angle. As long as it fits, I will be happy, otherwise it will be posted in our giveaway thread [:)].

Model #6 for $5.15. I looked at Tiago's tail pipe to get a feel for compatibility before placing the order. As you said, it is bent down, oval in shape and the cut is also at an angle. As long as it fits, I will be happy, otherwise it will be posted in our giveaway thread [:)].
Cool, Let me know how it goes.

Mine is on way and will reach me in 2-3 days. I hope it will be as mentioned, otherwise there is option to return. [:)]

Thread Starter #1,690

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Jijomthw

It’s nice that you have decided to go for the new one. Regarding Android Navigation System, please mention it is suitable for ANHC 3RD GEN (2009 TO 2012) and alloys are suitable for 3RD and 4TH GEN ANHC.
OLX is the best option in south side.

@ SILENCER MUFFLER COVER

I would suggest to read my earlier article in this regard before placing order for a long term satisfaction.

PART XXIII: MORE ABOUT SILENCER MUFFLER CHROME TIPS

@ SILENCER MUFFLER COVER

I would suggest to read my earlier article in this regard before placing order for a long term satisfaction.

PART XXIII: MORE ABOUT SILENCER MUFFLER CHROME TIPS
Yes sir, I have already read your article and researched about it. Found one from HKS (Link) but couldn't find more details about it. If you have links for high quality muffler tips available in India, please let me know. I will add to my shopping list.

As you have mentioned, muffler tips available in India are all imported from China and cost under 1k. Though there are not many options, just difference in design and color. Branded ones are quite expensive and need to imported. I didn't felt worthy to spend more for a product that doesn't make difference to performance or sound and also it can be lost or damaged easily, so I went for one that looks nice and cheap to buy. [:)]

Its true that Chinese muffler tips are made from Chromed Steal and prone to rust but we can buy multiple times instead of expensive one.

Last edited:
Dear jijomthw glad to know you are upgrading to the latest ANHC. Congrats.
Can you please enquire with Honda how much the R16 alloys cost. Thank you.

Dr.Mudhan wonderful to see you back on the thread after soo long :)

Thread Starter #1,694

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Car Muffler Tip.jpg

MUFFLER TIP.jpg
@ CRACING (SILENCER MUFFLER COVER)

I agree with you, CRACING. I will never recommend to spend more on expensive ones.

The expensive items have all risk that you have indicated. We should not also ignore the fact that the cheaper items will get discolored soon and if uncared it may get fused with muffler pipe, enhance rusting & corrosion. (removal will be difficult) .

My only advice on cheaper items that the soon you feel discoloration, please remove and give a good coat of electroplating which is generally available locally so that it would be durable.

It should be avoided - any design that blocks the exhaust fumes by a mesh/decorative holes as it will never lost more time.

Even the original Honda city 3rd Gen version I have, I gave once a good coat of electroplating @ Rs.100/- and looks as new.

Some of the very good quality, double layered are available around 18.5 $ at Aliexpress, may suit cars well cared and have secured parking shed. Buyer friends should ensure the correct diameter- For Honda (Honda city 3rd Gen version ) Inner diameter: 53-60mm, short length pipe is best. PLEASE NOTE, 4th Gen requires a different one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Uni...67.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.271.p7Cp6T

Last edited:

Top Bottom