My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Unbelievable! Almost a month and no new post here!! Even more surprising our dear Dr. has not been upto something new with his City for a while!
To keep the wheels here turning... I recently changed 4 of my City tyres to PS 3. Worked out to about 6100 a tyre. Logic being I do like comfortable shoes and experience has taught me that sometimes paying more than is actually necessary is OK.
Previous tyre were XM-1 that had completed about 33,500 kms. They had another 25,000 kms life in terms of surface wear and tear. However since 2 tyres had a bit of sidewall damage (cut and a bulge), I decided that time has come. Moreover I've been wanting to put slightly broader tyres on the City for a long time. Right now just finished about 100 kms on the 195/60/15 tyres.
Maybe since the tyres are new i'm not really feeling too much of a difference right now. The steering has not really got heavier. Mileage I used to get around 8.8 kms/lt. Still not checked on that. There is a difference when I drive over small bumpy patches or cuts in the road. There is a feeling of a bit more cushion.

It still does not have that Vento like traction to road but Honda (the City is still a bit skittish)should have launched these cars with 195/60/tyres instead of 175/60. I'd advise anybody who is thinking of changing tyres to definitely go with at least 195 tyres (whatever the brand you choose). Kms/lt dropping is not a justifiable excuse because you gain so much more in feel.

I am also intending to go for 195 PS3 tyres. Can you please let me know what should be the tyre pressure in these broader tyres for Honda City? Also, I have done 1.04 lac KM, mostly on smooth roads. Is shockers change advisable? Has anyone done it in his/her Honda City car yet?

My City has done only 34000 kms. Suspension is not yet an issue and the tyre pressure put in by the Tyre dealer was 34 or 35 -not too sure. I'd think that at 1 lakh plus shockers change would be advisable. If the 2012-13 face Lift model shockers are a direct fit onto your City go for them as they are a little stiffer and I assume are also responsible for the 5mm increase in height. So with new 195/60 tyres + new suspension- Ground clearance may increase by at least 9-10 mm, with no real modification. I may be wrong of course and would gladly be corrected by more fellow members who have a better technical understanding.

I am also intending to go for 195 PS3 tyres. Can you please let me know what should be the tyre pressure in these broader tyres for Honda City? Also, I have done 1.04 lac KM, mostly on smooth roads. Is shockers change advisable? Has anyone done it in his/her Honda City car yet?
You are good to go for 195/60 R15 tyres. P3ST are excellent tyres, I using them for 10 months now and had no issues.

Alternatively you can checkout Continental CC5 tyres which costs 1k less then P3ST so that you can save few bucks for suspension purchase.

Tyre pressure I have set to 32 front and 32 rear. I tried to increase but felt bumpy in city driving. You can also try and see which suits better but don't fill too much.

Minor suspension problems can be noticed when you go through potholes and hear noise in the front or rear but it could also be sign of lose bolt or worn bushings. Major problems are 1. Pulling to the left or right while driving straight. 2. Feeling every bump in the Road. 3. Difficult steering. 4. One side or corner of the Car is sitting Low. Check if you have such problems.

General it is recommended to change suspensions after a lakh of km but you get it checked in service center, they will let you know the condition of suspensions and advice when to change them.

Also if you drive often in highway or high speed, its better to change worn parts asap. My car front suspensions are weak as they make sound while going through potholes. Service adviser said to replace them when possible but I have plans to get aftermarket suspensions. [;)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thread Starter #1,656

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART 103

MY SHALDAN CAR AIR FRESHENER: INDIA Vs ABROAD

Recently, I told my daughter to bring some MY SHALDAN CAR AIR FRESHENER abroad when she came from DUBAI, believing that I would get some really, original good stuff.

But, I was disappointed as fakes are there every part of the world and she brought some fakes and some original which she could not notice.

See this picture, the fake one looks premium in quality outside, the container & plastic lid is better than the original but, the stuff inside is crap. Read the description and enjoy their English language.[lol]
MY SHALDON 1.jpg

This is another one she brought, original but milder version – NEO , made in Thailand, but not lasting.
MY SHALDON 2.jpg

I have decided, hereafter as no more from abroad, better to buy in India.
Now original has the Indian importer name imprinted, lid design also changed to regulate the fragrance output. Though the MRP is Rs.325. It available in local reliable shops for Rs.210 -225/-.

MY SHALDON 3.jpg
I felt that my exhausted AREON lid is better as it closes the container very well, I have replaced the original lid.
I still feel MS SQUASH is the best, though I am yet to try another best the MS HERB which is not available.

I found MyShaldan to be very good due to the fact that it supposedly uses natural ingredients.
Unfortunately it is becoming difficult to procure nowadays. In Chennai, Shell fuel outlets have stopped selling myshaldan perfumes. Buying it online is a big gamble.

Minor suspension problems can be noticed .....
I have plans to get aftermarket suspensions......
No such problems noticed yet. However, keeping in mind the kilometers covered, was thinking to change the shockers. Also, please refer good aftermarket substitutes if you have in mind for 2009 Honda city. wishes.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
I also face extremely mild khat khat sound when going over larger potholes from right front suspension
No noise when steering etc at all
But I noticed only right front of the car touches slightly on certain very large speedbreakers
Could this be an issue with alignment or tyres instead of suspension?(I was told my alignment is off by my trusty tyre guy, but I didnt have time to wait and get it done)
Now the roads in my area are dug up so I cant do any suspension or tyre work until thats done
Is this alright because it would just bring me back to square one until after road work is over

Also I wanted to know how easy is getting reverse camera and parking sensors fitted? Are Honda ASC ones good enough? Or aftermarket? So far, Ive never really used parking aids but I find an increasing need for it these days but drilling etc scares me
My car is extremely silent and nearly factory condition otherwise and I am scared of opening panels etc since this car is totally untouched unlike all our other cars

@kkn13

I think the suspension is week or there could be lose bolt/nut related to right suspension or right lower arm. Press the suspension (Push the fender/hood above the right wheel) and tell someone to look for noise and location if any.

You can also do sudden accelerate and apply break. This way the suspensions will be pressed to some level.

As of rear camera, check this and this. It fits directly into one of licence plate lights cutout. However, I'm not sure whether the light needs to be removed. Links given for example only, search more to find better one.

With this rear camera, I think you don't have to drill hole for wiring but the wire has to be routed upto dashboard. If you have video system with rear camera feature then connect the camera wire to it, otherwise you have to go for dashboard monitor, Digital IRVM or etc.

If you need power for any device, use fuse tap and plug it in the fuse box. This is much better then stripping existing wires.

Thanks...
Best Regards

kkn13

Suspended
@kkn13

I think the suspension is week or there could be lose bolt/nut related to right suspension or right lower arm. Press the suspension (Push the fender/hood above the right wheel) and tell someone to look for noise and location if any.

You can also do sudden accelerate and apply break. This way the suspensions will be pressed to some level.

As of rear camera, check this and this. It fits directly into one of licence plate lights cutout. However, I'm not sure whether the light needs to be removed. Links given for example only, search more to find better one.

With this rear camera, I think you don't have to drill hole for wiring but the wire has to be routed upto dashboard. If you have video system with rear camera feature then connect the camera wire to it, otherwise you have to go for dashboard monitor, Digital IRVM or etc.

If you need power for any device, use fuse tap and plug it in the fuse box. This is much better then stripping existing wires.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks alot for your reply !! Very informative !!
I dont hear suspension noise when pressing or if I accelerate or brake suddenly
Only at low speeds over potholes, I hear a mild one
No noise upon pressing up and down too
My Ritz suspension was totally messed up last year and I remember the noises that started etc
The City has barely 1% of that noise, hence the confusion
Unfortunately I have no time to take it to ASC until April end and my road is getting repaired. Is it alright to wait another month ?

Last edited:
Thanks alot for your reply !! Very informative !!
I dont hear suspension noise when pressing or if I accelerate or brake suddenly
Only at low speeds over potholes, I hear a mild one
No noise upon pressing up and down too
My Ritz suspension was totally messed up last year and I remember the noises that started etc
The City has barely 1% of that noise, hence the confusion
Unfortunately I have no time to take it to ASC until April end and my road is getting repaired. Is it alright to wait another month ?
Ok its very minor issue so there should be no problem using the car in present condition. Mine also does same thing, khat khat sound when going through potholes and its been like that for many months. Wheel alignment and balancing done on every service but didn't help. ASC said suspensions are weak when doing test drive but they didn't thoroughly checked the issue.

Roads are worst or being repaired here too, so I ignored it for sometime. [:)]

Hello Brothers..A new Honda City owner here.[:)]

Thanks to automotiveindia for hassle free registration. Thanks to Dr.Amuthan for this wonderful blog. I have been reading this blog ever since I decided to buy the honda city. (I bought lot of MF towels even before I booked my car)

I bought the 2017 V MT OWP last month. Luckily they added few important features in 2017 V trim like touch screen AVN, Smart Key with push button start etc. but kept the price same.

This is my first car in life and I am so happy with it. I wanted to go for an used car first since I learnt driving recently only(I got my driving license in feb only. I never drove a car before but I always enjoyed the ride sitting in the front seat). But my friends and other car enthusiasts pushed me to go for a new car and I am sure I wouldn't have liked it the same way if I had gone for an used car.

It has been one month and I have done about 750 kms so far. Got the underbody coating done and ceramic nano coating done within a week of delivery. I have also changed the tyres to P3ST the first day itself. It is really a pleasure to own and drive this car.[angel]

Attachments

Hello Brothers..A new Honda City owner here.[:)]

Thanks to automotiveindia for hassle free registration. Thanks to Dr.Amuthan for this wonderful blog. I have been reading this blog ever since I decided to buy the honda city. (I bought lot of MF towels even before I booked my car)

I bought the 2017 V MT OWP last month. Luckily they added few important features in 2017 V trim like touch screen AVN, Smart Key with push button start etc. but kept the price same.

This is my first car in life and I am so happy with it. I wanted to go for an used car first since I learnt driving recently only(I got my driving license in feb only. I never drove a car before but I always enjoyed the ride sitting in the front seat). But my friends and other car enthusiasts pushed me to go for a new car and I am sure I wouldn't have liked it the same way if I had gone for an used car.

It has been one month and I have done about 750 kms so far. Got the underbody coating done and ceramic nano coating done within a week of delivery. I have also changed the tyres to P3ST the first day itself. It is really a pleasure to own and drive this car.[angel]
Wow Congratulations..
Car looks beautiful
waiting for detailed log.
please do not forget to update driving stability
they have introduced wider tires, are they useful?

Top Bottom