My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #136

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir, All fog lamp bulbs will be like this or the fog lamp specific to honda city
Dear Sethu

This is not specific to Honda city. This is specific to H11 bulbs used by any car manufacture for their OE fog lamp casing. Others have to check up their OE bulb type and decide. Please refer this picture for bulbs /socket type. Ok?

autobulbtypes-fin.jpg

Just few days ago I changed my fog lamp bulbs with the LED ones(H27) from an accessories shop but not happy with the illumination, stock bulbs was way better in terms of illumination. But looks awesome and also works brilliantly as an DRL. [clap]
My one looks similar to this one
Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Dear BODHI

Yes, L.E.D bulbs are so far not produced to give equivalent illumination like a conventional halogen bulb. But the days are not far away. See here example, the standard H11 halogen bulb gives max 1570 lumens. Only at present the CREE technology can give max 650 Lumens.
To my opinion, fog lamps should not be compared with head lights. I lived / driven more than 10 years in a very foggy / misty place like OOTY, wherein I felt the original halogen fog bulbs dissipate the foggy air layer by their heat waves and make our car to be noticed by others. This quality we cannot expect from L.E.Ds.
Definitely, the fog L.E.D bulb will be easily spotted by other motorists on the road, whether it is day or foggy time, it complements the road lower view to some extent.

Regarding, Fog-Light-H11-5050-24SMD-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb - I really like the bulbs while glowing as stars. That’s why I ordered one for me, I know the illumination may not be adequate, but ok for me to drive the car in Chennai or Coimbatore.

Regards, Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Regarding - 16 SMD/LED car interior roof light ceiling white light, I don’t think so that you should wait for ebay.in.
You can order from where I got it. It 50% cheaper but you may have to wait for almost I month.
Approximately Rs. 130.75 / Pair
wholesale 2X 31mm 16 LED SMD Festoon Dome Light lamp Car reading Bulbs pathway light door led bulb reading White blue-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

thanks once again DR MUDHAN sir,
Have ordered in aliexpress as suggested by you. [clap]

Hello Dr. A very nice discriptive review by you. I appreciate [clap]
I too brought a New Honda City Red EMT this month. It was the only car available in bangalore [:D].
I started following all your suggestions from day 1. I already brought Chrome door handles from Alibazaar and My Shaldan - Peach from ebay. Peach is bit powerful, smells like centre fresh stawberry flavour. Next i have thought of buying Squash.
I have also planned to purchase silver chrome strip to decorate windows as well as fix it pro pen of simoniz from alibazar. Below i have mentioned the links.

Free Shipping 5meter * 15mm 1 Roll roll Car chrome style strip decoration silver chrome moulding trim with 3M stick-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

2pcs High Quality Fix It Pro Clear Car Scratch Repair Remover Pen for Simoniz manufacturer Free shipping-in Painting Pens from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

I want to know your suggestion about this. Do you think the scratch remover pen works. Are there any other reccomendations.

Thread Starter #140

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear ujwal

Congrats, you become one of the proud owner of ANHC, in Chameleon Red.
It is a beautiful color goes well with right chrome fittings.

I am glad, some of my suggestions are useful to you.

Regarding silver chrome strip, you would have noticed that I have also purchased and have on my ALBUS.
Honestly they are very delicate, made out of flexible PVC plastic and the adhesive is not very firm. Adhesive is not an issue, we can cut a strip of double side tape, paste it in the back and make it useful.
Durability depends on how we handle the car every day and during washing.
While pasting, I cleaned the surface with surgical spirit & measured the strip and simply cut with scissors and pasted. I did a mistake that I had shown hot air out of hair drier after pasting the strip (developed some micro bubble); instead I should have warmed the area before pasting & should have got it pressed.
For me, it is ok in the front & back, stays there last 8 months. But the strips pasted on the door side guards came out in the next day morning, which I removed.

Regarding, ‘Scratch Repair Remover Pen’ I too got one. I have not tried. White color hides scratches and swirls but it would be very much visible in dark color like yours. I feel, it cannot do magic but it can fill up micro scratches with its transparent liquid and may merge with clear coat. Soon I am creating a GUIDE /post on professional detailing of the car where we shall discuss more about removing scratches and swirls. OK?

Regarding, MyShaldan
I have tried Squash, Peach and the Orange now. One thing I felt that all MS car perfumes have one base gel odor /fragrance irrespective of the specific name. Squash is better.
If the fragrance is strong, that’s not an issue at all. You can better wrap with aluminum foil. Make some holes on it to control fragrance, put it back the plastic lid and continue. It would be mild. Even there is a mild version of MS also available i.e., MyShaldan Neo.
I would prefer you to buy from a reputed, local auto shop, which will be cheaper than online. I buy for Rs.190/- in Chennai, Original with Matrix imported label.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #142

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Could you please also advise on which car care product is better for long run. And how offten do we need to wash our car. I have heard good reviews on Amway car care product. What would you suggest.
Amway India : Amway Car Care Pack
Dear ujwal

I am sure; you will like my new thread on exclusively, exhaustive Guide on Car Detailing Products.

Let me know how you feel it ?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...83-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics.html

Regards,
Dr. MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXI:

MEET MY ALBUS WITH ‘DUCK TAIL SPOILER’

I got it. Of course, it needed continuous follow up with Concept Cars, Calicut, Kerala.
(Please refer first my earlier write up: SOMETHING ABOUT 'THE SPOILERS’ @ Page-9)

Finally I got the painted one, taffeta white from them through courier, and the total amount paid is Rs.3160/-
Quality - Material, yes really ABS one & that is excellent, painting is also excellent.
Packing – original packing- but I felt that they should have stuffed with waste paper as there was a gap inside the box but spoiler was packed well, so no scratches happened.
There is a provision as in the original Honda spoiler for drilling and fixing, bolt screws were provided; but no double side tape or holes for fixing the Honda logo were there.

PROCEDURE ADOPTED:

First I removed the original H logo by pulling off the small plastic knob holders inside the dickey lid using cutting pliers. Cleaned and polished the logo, and carefully cut off the projected pins, pasted 3M sticker all around hiding back and by not making it visible outside and fixed on the spoiler, after cleaning the surface with spirit.
Now the spoiler- cleaned the inner side with spirit & pasted 3M, specifically covering the center, periphery and closing the screw bolt holes inside. Avoided 3M visibility externally. I found out that 3M tape requires some setting in time for firm bonding and therefore I left it overnight at home.
Next day morning I took the spoiler, kept on the dickey, marked the line by red color crayon. Cleaned the surface over the dickey within the margin with alcohol & old logo area as well.
Now it was easy to remove the tape’s red paper with the help of the paper cutter tip and, brought to dickey, carefully fixed it, after holding with pressure for 1minute.
Cleaned the crayon mark by using Amway silicone glaze. Wiped the spoiler by MF cloth.

My Albus become unique again :wink:.

ANHC SPOILER 1.jpg

ANHC SPOILER 2.jpg

ANHC SPOILER 3.jpg

ANHC SPOILER 4.jpg

Dear Doctor,

I was so impressed with you passion on Modifying your ALBUS.[:)]

I could see an Engineer hidden inside a Doctor.[clap]

BTW, I just bought a Honda Amaze, gathering reference for mods.

Hello Sir.. Very very glad Thanks to you for such an fantastic review of your car which focus on many of the things regarding City. And the column "The mistakes I have done with my City" is very useful to us. I am also a proud owner of City IVTEC from last 4 months and before that I am having City type 2 so I know very well regarding durability of Honda product. [clap] The idea of Shark Fin antenna is very good, I am also thinking to get one for my baby.[:)]

PART XXI:

MEET MY ALBUS WITH ‘DUCK TAIL SPOILER’

I got it. Of course, it needed continuous follow up with Concept Cars, Calicut, Kerala.
(Please refer first my earlier write up: SOMETHING ABOUT 'THE SPOILERS’ @ Page-9)

Finally I got the painted one, taffeta white from them through courier, and the total amount paid is Rs.3160/-
Quality - Material, yes really ABS one & that is excellent, painting is also excellent.
Packing – original packing- but I felt that they should have stuffed with waste paper as there was a gap inside the box but spoiler was packed well, so no scratches happened.
There is a provision as in the original Honda spoiler for drilling and fixing, bolt screws were provided; but no double side tape or holes for fixing the Honda logo were there.

PROCEDURE ADOPTED:

First I removed the original H logo by pulling off the small plastic knob holders inside the dickey lid using cutting pliers. Cleaned and polished the logo, and carefully cut off the projected pins, pasted 3M sticker all around hiding back and by not making it visible outside and fixed on the spoiler, after cleaning the surface with spirit.
Now the spoiler- cleaned the inner side with spirit & pasted 3M, specifically covering the center, periphery and closing the screw bolt holes inside. Avoided 3M visibility externally. I found out that 3M tape requires some setting in time for firm bonding and therefore I left it overnight at home.
Next day morning I took the spoiler, kept on the dickey, marked the line by red color crayon. Cleaned the surface over the dickey within the margin with alcohol & old logo area as well.
Now it was easy to remove the tape’s red paper with the help of the paper cutter tip and, brought to dickey, carefully fixed it, after holding with pressure for 1minute.
Cleaned the crayon mark by using Amway silicone glaze. Wiped the spoiler by MF cloth.

My Albus become unique again :wink:.

Ahaa You got the spoiler from Concept Cars [clap]. I also have spoiler in my Dzire also brought from them. Excellent quality and VFM pricing. Now what would have happened if you had bought spoiler from Honda dealer in your city?[;)]

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #149

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Simply, an awesome looking machine [;)]
Thanks, Prawin for the compliments.​

Dear Doctor, I was so impressed with your passion on Modifying your ALBUS. I could see an Engineer hidden inside a Doctor.[clap] BTW, I just bought a Honda Amaze, gathering reference for mods.
Thanks, Karthikkrish. Yes. Both Doctor & the Engineer have to know the structures & the functioning.. he he... I have been going through your nice thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...15671-my-dream-magical-honda-amaze-ivtec.html Some things like LED lights are compatible with each other - Amaze & ANHC . I have also changed to 24 LED type & planning to put 24+24. I shall write more about it soon.

Hello Sir.. Very glad Thanks to you for such fantastic review of your car which focus on many of the things regarding City. And the column "The mistakes I have done with my City" is very useful to us. I am also a proud owner of City IVTEC from last 4 months and before that I am having City type 2 so I know very well regarding durability of Honda product. The idea of Shark Fin antenna is very good, I am also thinking to get one for my baby.
Thanks, HaruH. I know the way you love Honda.. even your name has double ‘H’ ha ha ..
I don’t know the colour of your car but go for shark fin antenna, it would enhance the overall appearance and, you would have also noticed that the new Honda City 2014 has the same.​

Ahaa You got the spoiler from Concept Cars [clap]. I also have spoiler in my Dzire also brought from them. Excellent quality and VFM pricing. Now what would have happened if you had bought spoiler from Honda dealer in your city? Regards, Sankar
Dear Sankar, Honestly I should be thankful to you; but for your advice I would have missed this opportunity, Thanks for everything.​

Nice work dr.Mudhan on the spoiler..Once again I am amazed by your passion for car mods..
Dear venkythaniks , you are one of the regular visitor to my thread and it really inspires me. Thanks.​

Looking at the passion with detailing you have is inspiring Dr.Keep up this spirit with making your ride be best with all the mods and information you gather, share as well as addopt in your car.Spoiler looks superb and enhances the looks and as shankar said brought in the right price too compared to dealers who are at loot for such accessories.

Top Bottom