My New Ford Figo EXI TDCI

Guys,,,
planning to raise my voice against poor head lamps for Figo @ http://www.akosha.com/,,,for free replacement ,,any sugestions
Ford A.S.S already provides philips extreme vision bulbs, so i think they will not do anything more, also the new face lift figo should come with a different headlamp design which should be good. Best solution is to upgrade to 90/100 with a cut out and be safe.

jango.

350Z

Core Team
Guys, planning to raise my voice against poor head lamps for Figo @ Resolve Consumer Complaints Quickly | Online Consumer Forum | Akosha for free replacement, any sugestions
I don’t think that’s going to help much. Many cars offer headlamp bulbs that are not powerful enough. Moreover, it’s not exactly an after sales issue. In such situation, manufacturers usually have their own reasoning that a buyer should have checked it before buying the particular car, which I also feel, is true to an extent.

does Upgrading to 90/100 with cut out voids warranty?
Here's a related link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-parts/4883-headlights-upgradation-figo.html. Hope it helps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
My figo done with first servicing @ Mody FOrd ,Bowenpally,

Service Center experience:
my figo was the first car in the Q , one of the representative attended my car and observerd car very carefully for NON_FORD items
and entered all the details , and after 10 mins,he came up with a bill of 610, which was charged for some spray ( which will be sprayed on Engine and pipes ,to avoid burnings,,etc
immediately i called to my frnd who already owns a figo,,he said "Ask representative for ZERO bill " simple,,i did the same
i personally observed the following services:
1.service technician opend bonet and started checking the fuel levels
2.top up done for Engine Oil,break oil,windshield water, steering oil
3.Removed front 2 tyres and break pads,,,cleaned break pads and fitted tyres
4.checked for underboddy for damages and tighten some nuts
5.battery check up 7 A/ctest drive and water wash & interiors cleaning
6.Service technician didnt checked air pressure levels,,after small fight ,,,it was done
There was nothing done more than this ,,,

As per my exp,,new diesel engines need oil replacements atleast for 5k,,,even Fiat DDIS follow the same,but i am not sure why Figo not following this
may be the reason to claim that,,FIGO Maintenance cost is lesser than Swift

i have opted for Mudflaps : total cost including Installation + VAT etc,,its 886 [frustration],,,bit hard to digest,,,but its true,,,next time i would go for
Rubber ones ,,,

Thread Starter #22
Hi All,

Installed Philips Xtreme 60/55W for my Figo,,,@ Reliance autozone,Tolichowki,Hyderabad and the price was 900Rs,,,,

As there is only one beam in figo,,,upgrading to Philips dnt do any magics....its just ok compared to the OEM ones....
i can see the brightness is good when we on dipper ,,is there any way to modify some thing like Dipper is on Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Starter #23
Long drive Update:
Trip from Hyderabad - Madanapalli
Route: Kurnool-Ananthapur-Kadiri-Madanapalle with Full A/C all the time and with fully loaded 5 audults & luggage
Tank full with Indian Oil diesel and DTE shown as 683KMs
started around 1:30PM and reached karnool by 4:35PM ,the DTE at kurnool is 583 KM<,
OMG,,,only 100KM decreased in DTE and distance covered was 245KM
and reached Madanapalle by 10:00PM including 1 hr break
Observations:
1.car was most stable at the speed 120KM and hydraulic steering was perfect and stable
2.observed some vibration from rare left door,,i though it was common C-pillar vibrations,,need to fix it with service center?( any DDIY can be appreciated)
3.white philipsXtreme 60/55W with Fog lamps combination worked good and satisfies,,but still issue was there
and my suggestion is not to hav ZERO light angle ,,adjust it to "2" ,
and there are many and heavy speed breakers between anantapur to Madanapalli ,managed some how but missed 2 times

Thread Starter #25
50Days Figo ownership Mileage update:

Figo Mileage Update: 50days owner ship:

1.from day one am using Tankful-Tankful method,

2.DTE on first tankful ( date after purchase) was 642 and i didnt observed mileage (as i know it takes some time to reach good mileage for diesel cars)
3.for Second tank full DTE was 684 ,3rd 747 ,4th 779 and all tank fulls are at Indian oil except 3rd (BP diesel)there are few top ups like 500Rs for 2-3 ti
mes i didnt remember exactly

4.till now its clocked 5046KM
Observations on mileage & DTE
1.Tank full on Monday Morning 6:30AM (Indian Oil diesel) and the DTE was 759
3.My daily usage till Monday tank full was 100KM ,from monday my daily usage was only 32KM/Day, ( home-office-home)

4.Overall down in DTE was 14 for 32KM, observed the same figures for 4 days. (A/c only 15% ) and in city driving conditions:(JNTU - Gachibowli)
5.if these figures continue in future also, my average should be like below:
DTE -14 is giving 32 KM mileage

so DTE on tank ful; 759
so 759*32/14 =1734.85 and dvided by 45 ltrs of diesel
1734.85/45 =38.55

i.e Mileage 38.55/lit in city driving. Looks amazing and doubt on these figures, any one has did this type of calculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 50Days Figo ownership Mileage update:

Congrat's on your Figo buddy, look's like your bank balance is set to grow[;)], please add some photograph's of your ride no Ownership thread is complete without photo's.

38.55 KMPL in city driving conditions. I am just confused here. You mean to say your FIGO ran 1734 KMs on 45 litres of Diesel? And you can't rely on DTE figures. If I am travlling on slope DTE fgiures changes drastically. Use tankful method to find the exact FE of the car. I use MID to see the FE consumption with assumption of tolerance of +-1 kmpl. But what you have written here looks just of this world man.

Congratulations for your Figo Simhan[clap] and that's a superb FE that your Figo is giving.
Do post some pictures of your ride buddy.

Thread Starter #29

38.55 KMPL in city driving conditions. I am just confused here. You mean to say your FIGO ran 1734 KMs on 45 litres of Diesel? And you can't rely on DTE figures. If I am travlling on slope DTE fgiures changes drastically. Use tankful method to find the exact FE of the car. I use MID to see the FE consumption with assumption of tolerance of +-1 kmpl. But what you have written here looks just of this world man.
yes ,,DTE is not a valid source,,but i am getting same figures since 4 days,,need to check the Actual distance traveled after my DTE is set to 80(reserve),,,,,,
Either My DTE is not working properly or getting the best mileage ,,,

Last edited:

Top Bottom