My New Chevy BEAT 1.2 LT

Thread Starter #1
Initial Ownership report Chevy BEAT 1.2 LT (Red)

Hello Guys,

Its been a long time I was away from this community due to job responsibilities, however I still remember my promise of updating you all with my initial ownership experience. Here I go...

Buying experience:
I initially booked my vehicle with Singh Motors however that became a sour experience and I canceled my booking with them with a loss of Rs.5000. Then I booked the car with Pashankar Auto and my experience with them was much better.It seemed like they wanted to do the business unlike Singh Motors. After a lot of back and forth I finally got my Chevy BEAT 1.2 LT (Super Red) delivered on 16th Nov'11 from Pashankar Auto, Satara Road, Pune.

I was new to driving four wheelers but still with only 10 Kms ([;)]) of driving I could say that it has got good power and takes on pretty well even at 3rd gear.

Price info:
Ex Showroom - Rs. 421701 (445701-24000)
Cash & Corp. Discount - Rs. 24000 (21000 + 3000)
RTO - Rs.36199
Insurance - Rs. 11829
OTR - Rs.469729
Free Accessories - None

Car accessorized as below:
1. Security System (Autocop GMKE 5170) - Rs.5800
2. Mud flap & Matting - Rs.1000
3. Car perfume - Rs.250
4. Car cover - Rs.1054
5. OSRVM Indicator - Rs.3950 (not yet installed, would be installed in 2-3
days)

All the above accessories were bargained for a price of Rs.10180 (including installation, taxes, VAT, card swiping charges).

Short term experience:
Now that I have driven the car for more than 1200 Kms myself I could say that it has performed very well. The engine is perky and city driving is very comfortable. You get very good power at 2nd and 3rd gear which is very helpful for congested city roads. Though I have got limited opportunity to test it on highway but I am very much impressed with the performance.

Now coming to the interior space I could say its sufficiently spaced for 3 normal sized persons at the rear seat. Leg room for front and rear is also satisfactory and I didn't found any problem in that. The only place where I feel the need of space is the boot area, it is a bit cramped but one can live with it.

Auto AC is wonderfully cool. This seemed to be the best feature. Also to mention the interior dash light scheme (Ice blue color) looks very cool and has attracted many of my friends. I have also noticed that the quality of interiors is very good.

The engine is still in the Running in period but still I am satisfied with the mileage which is around 15 Kms. Though it is very early to conclude about its FE.

Pros:
  • Great looks
  • Good performance
  • Auto AC is a great feature
  • Leg space (front and rear) is sufficient for average person
  • FE seems to be good for the given engine performance.
  • In built music system is good for normal listening though you would feel
like upgrading it.

Cons:
  • Crampy boot space
  • Limited visibility due to high dashboard and wider B pillar (might sound subjective)

Overall I feel this is a very good option for anyone who is seeking a hatchback which is value for money and great looks[:)]...

Feel free to PM me in case you have question.

Regards,
Imran

Attachments

Last edited:
Hitman, Many congratulations for your red beauty. Do post some pics of your Beats' interiors which i find the best in segment.

Hitman congrats, Beat looks HOT in RED
You have got a good deal.Dont worry, Drive safe and Enjoy.

Many congrats on acquisition Hitman! As Surfer said, you have gotten yourself a very good deal. Now that the car is in your hands do not worry about it [:)]

Wishing you many many happy mile crunching. Good news for you from yesterday Petrol prices have gone down. So fill up and let her drive!!

Congrats Hitman,look like red color is your favorite(by looking the Pulsar 220:i guess its yours).Best of luck...and enjoy driving BEAT.

Thread Starter #7
@ALL,
Thank you for your comments and complements.

@Akash - I would be updating this thread with the interior pics today.

@droy - Yes, red is my favorite color for vehicles (but only those which looks good in red and BEAT is killer in Red). And your are correct, Pulsar 220 is mine [:)] (and I have a red helmet as well [;)]).

Thank you all once again. Its my pleasure being a part of this community, sharing and learning at the same time.

Regards,
Imran

Congrats on getting the red beauty home. She looks hot and aggressive in this colour and seems ready to zip around a few lac miles with you behind the wheels. [clap]

Eager to read your experiences/review & see the Beat interiors closely. Do also plan to post your outstation travelogues in the future.

350Z

Core Team
Beat looks so tempting that I could barely resist myself from looking back whenever it passes on the streets. Not a bit of doubt that it’s one of the best looking compact hatchbacks in India. Assuming that you are first time buyer, who’s new to driving, it makes for a nice choice and the healthy discount has only sugared the deal. Congratulations! Now looking forward to first-hand ownership experience along with more pictures. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14
@Akash - I would be updating this thread with the interior pics today.
Here are the interior pics as promised (though delayed),

Regards,
Imran

Attachments

Top Bottom