My New Car - Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna

Dear All,
The driving experience has been really good. I am not a person who rips the car. i am very light footed. The car handles very well within the speed limits of 90 Km/hr that i maintain.

One spot of concern is the drop in power that the car displays when the A/C is turned on. Without A/C this car is a power bundle. Is it the same with other cars too. Please confirm...

The beige color reflects lot of light on to the windshield. I got the problem solved by switching to a Polaroid glass:). This is solved in the new gen models that are rolled out.

Overall i would recommend this car for a family of 4.

Yes the power drop when the AC is ON can be noticed in almost all cars. I have driven the i10 and it sure is a performer! I liked the seating position in i10 , its even better than my Verna!

Thread Starter #18
Hi All,
One of my front tires had a tear in the side wall due to some sharp object. Didn't know what caused it. Have given the same for vulcanization. Please suggest is it safe to drive around with a tyre that is vulcanized.My tire had done only 12000 kMS.

Please suggest.
regards,
Vivek S

Please consultant reputed Tyre dealer who will be the best judge to answer your query.

However, as a common user, i suggest not to drive with repaired tyre. Tube can be vulcanized.

Best Wishes,

BSN

I too have reflection problem due to beige dash board. Now i am managed to adjust myself.

Could anyone suggest simple option than changing glass which will cost.... Please....

Regards,

BSN

When you switch on a/c during slower speed, definitely any car of i10 range will snag.

You may switch on A/c after 50km/hr speed for you to over come this issue.

Regards,

BSN

I too have reflection problem due to beige dash board. Now i am managed to adjust myself.

Could anyone suggest simple option than changing glass which will cost.... Please....

Regards,

BSN
I don't know if this works, glue a black leather or fabric cloth over the dash which reflects in the sunlight.

Hi All,
One of my front tires had a tear in the side wall due to some sharp object. Didn't know what caused it. Have given the same for vulcanization. Please suggest is it safe to drive around with a tyre that is vulcanized.My tire had done only 12000 kMS.

Please suggest.
regards,
Vivek S
Hi, is it deep ? do you have pics ?

Thread Starter #25
Hi All,
Thanks for the replies. I had the tube vulcanized as it was a side wall damage. the tube has been shifted to the rear diagonal wheel as it can create a wobble if put in the front.
Planning to upgrage to Michelin early next year mostly XM1. Have to wait till that. Did a wheel allignment also after the tire rotation.

Will post the pics after i take it during the ayudha pooja.

regards
Vivek S[glasses]

hi Vivek,

I have booked an I10, sportz, while my father owns an I20 sportz. We had a similar problem in our i20 where the front driver side tyre was cut by a sharp stone. We got the tyre vulcanised but have put the tyre in same position.
Can you please throw some light on your comments

I had the tube vulcanized as it was a side wall damage. the tube has been shifted to the rear diagonal wheel as it can create a wobble if put in the front.
If this is serious then we could follow what you have done.
Also, for your information : The vehicle had run 2700+Km when this incident happened and now ODO reads at 4000+Km. So around 1300Km with the vucalnised wheel in same position as before.

Thread Starter #27
H,
PC1984
My tyre was a bridgestone. the front passenger side tyre had the sidewall tear. I has taken the tyre to Sai Iyengar tyre shop located at bannerghatta road. The dealer on inspection of the tyres proposed that the the vulcanized tyre be put at the rear diagonal so that the pressure on the wheel is less on the rear. Also when vulcanization is done they will add some lump of rubber there and compact it at high temperature to seal the hole. this will creates some ssues in the balancing of the wheel if put in the front.

So that is the reason i had the same fitted in the rear so that the pressure on the tyre is less.

If you do not feel any wobble while driving then leave it in the same place.

Hope this answers the question.

regards,
Vivek S.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Hi All,
Can people who own Hyundai i10 1.2 kappa share their fuel efficiency that they get out of their car.

I get around 13-14 (50% AC) in city and 17-18 (100 % Ac and tested only on bangalore chennai highway) on highways.

regards,
Vivek S

Hi All,
Can people who own Hyundai i10 1.2 kappa share their fuel efficiency that they get out of their car.

I get around 13-14 (50% AC) in city and 17-18 (100 % Ac and tested only on bangalore chennai highway) on highways.

regards,
Vivek S
You have pretty good mileage. i am getting 10kmpl during city drive and 15-16kmpl on highways...

Thread Starter #30
Hi All,
There are a few wayes to tame your kappa engine and extract maximum fuel efficiency out of it.
  • Kappa engine gulps fuel when accelerated and decelerated quickly.
  • There is a significant difference in fuel consumption when driven at 85 and at 100.driving at 85 will save fuel.
  • Never use kappa for short rides less than 2 kms.
  • change gears at speeds of 10,20,30,40,60.
regards
Vivek S

Top Bottom