My New Car – A Ford Aspire

Thread Starter #16
Service reminder popped out, once I crossed 5k but it was just a reminder though as the service interval is 10K. Just reset the same.

Congrats! [cheers]
even i bought figo aspire few months before.
it's a great car and has been functioning well.
the sales and service personnel were also helpful
mine is gold in colour
overall a great experience [:D] [drive]

Buy Ford Figo Aspire | Ford Aspire On Road Price | Cauvery Ford
Hi Iskywalker,

Where are you having your beast serviced at? I am very skeptical regarding giving my vehicle to Elite Ford, as l have seen their pathetic sales, and I think same would be with servicing I guess.

Last edited:
I spend 2500 for the service after I put my car under cover (read idle) for 45 days while I was in Germany.
Fixed a DVR also on my Aspire. I will put some footage also soon
Dear Rakesh,
Can you please provide some information on the DVR? make and the specifications?
I recently bought the aspire and the guys at cauvery ford bangalore have told me NOT to put any additional electronic/ electrical parts. this will void the warranty is what they say.
so, how do you manage to power up the DVR? information is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #21
Hi Guys,

Update on the key price! I got a crack on my key remote and Ford Quoted 7500 for a key :) FYI, not everything is cheap for Figo Twins!

Hi Sunnyaspire,

It was a local made brought by my friend from Germany, the same available in amazon too. Costs less than 4k. I connected the same into power outlet. The only problem was i have to remove and add every time the car starts and stops.
--
--
Would it be possible to powerup the DVR / dashcam using a 20,000 Mah powerbank? I was very much eyeing the VIOFO thats available on aliexpress for around 6-7 thousand. the power requirement for that dash cam is 5V 1A with a mini USB connector.
I've asked the seller the same question too, no reply from them yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to powerup the DVR / dashcam using a 20,000 Mah powerbank? I was very much eyeing the VIOFO thats available on aliexpress for around 6-7 thousand. the power requirement for that dash cam is 5V 1A with a mini USB connector.
I've asked the seller the same question too, no reply from them yet.
Yes, you can use powerbank for dashcam but its not recommended when the cabin is high on temperature.

Also before going for VIOFO, please read my dashcam review thread here.

Caution: There are lot of fake dashcams with VIOFO naming.

Contacted Aliexpress and they have CLEARLY told that the VIOFO will NOT work with a power bank. and they are surprised about ford warranty issues about hard wiring the dash cam to the fuse box as well!!!! [confused]
I think ill drop the dash cam idea for some time...[frustration]

Contacted Aliexpress and they have CLEARLY told that the VIOFO will NOT work with a power bank. and they are surprised about ford warranty issues about hard wiring the dash cam to the fuse box as well!!!! [confused]
I think ill drop the dash cam idea for some time...[frustration]
I don't see any reason why a dashcam with 5V input will not work with a power bank. You can still plug it into your 12V port if you are really concerned about warranty.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
Hi Guys,

The car was running fine, I must say it is getting addictive day by day. Fingers crossed :)

The Headlamps, which was changed because of the reflector issue
new1.jpg

Snapshot from the YI Dashcam
2017_0912_094634_2.jpg

I will update more soon, and Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,

Congrats on the Aspire. Nice choice of colour too. Looks awesome indeed [clap] Please do post some more pics of the interior and do share cost breakup. Those tyres look a bit puny. Would recommend you to up-size them to wider ones. Sport editions of Figo and Aspire comes with 195/55 R15 which fill the wheel arches well and looks way better. Sharing a pic for the same.
2017-ford-figo-s-09.jpg
Image source
Wishes to clock many miles without issues.
OT: Happy to see yet another TAIger from Kerala. Where exactly do you live in Kochi?

Regards,
Harikrishnan

Thread Starter #29
Hey Rakesh,

Congrats on your new pocket rocket. [clap]

Can you share some more details about the dash cam[:)] ?
of course yes, it is Yi Dash cam brought from a Chinese site, costs 6500 but got it for 4000 using some coupons or referrals. Looks good, works well and wifi live streaming on mobile also possible. Only issue I faced the hanging due to heat. It was came with Chinese language and I flashed it into English.

Hi,

Congrats on the Aspire. Nice choice of colour too. Looks awesome indeed [clap] Please do post some more pics of the interior and do share cost breakup. Those tyres look a bit puny. Would recommend you to up-size them to wider ones. Sport editions of Figo and Aspire comes with 195/55 R15 which fill the wheel arches well and looks way better. Sharing a pic for the same.
Image source
Wishes to clock many miles without issues.
OT: Happy to see yet another TAIger from Kerala. Where exactly do you live in Kochi?

Regards,
Harikrishnan
Thanks man, I would do it after my first set Tyres end. You might see me in Mg road as I am working here.

Top Bottom