My New BMW X1 Exclusive

Thread Starter #61
An update. Crossed 2000 km mark. The steering has lightened a bit or maybe I have got tuned to it[:)]. The pickup has also improved. It may be due to the fact that the run-in period is over and I can floor it now. The FE has improved. With the slight winter set in I can enjoy the sunroof in open position when I drive down to work at 7.30am. Got mudflaps, 3d mats, embossed number plates, Teflon coating done. The mudflaps improved the looks. Will post some pictures on saturday

Last edited:
Wow now you can fly like anything, How much will the teflon coating alone can cost, the same thing can be applied to other cars also, waiting for the new looks sri.

Thread Starter #63
Wow now you can fly like anything, How much will the teflon coating alone can cost, the same thing can be applied to other cars also, waiting for the new looks sri.
The teflon coat costed 3000/-. It can be done on any car, however, cost depends on size of the car. Normally it varies from 2000-4000. Will post pictrues shortly as I was busy over the weekend

1400KM update & X5 drive
Hi all
I did a weekend trip to Lavasa. This time I took the route from Hinjewadi. A 12km stretch on this road is not very good, nevertheless the drive was great. We were four in the car and no complaints whatsoever. Surprisingly while returning back, I noted that the windscreen washer was giving a low fluid alarm. On reaching home I discovered a leak in the system. Thank God it was only the wash fluid system. I sent the car yesterday to the workshop to get it fixed. Guess what, it will take 2 days to fix and Infinity cars true to customer service provided me a replacement car. The replacement is an X5. It is a fantastic SUV, huge, monstrous and powerful. It has an 8 speed auto gear box and the lever operates like a joy-stick. The seating position is great and the engine is very powerful. The steering is lighter than the X1. I am posting some pics of the X5. However, I made an interesting discovery. The screen on the X5 is smaller than that on my X1. It is only 6.5" and I think it does not support navigation system! My X1 will be back today and my joy with X5 will be shortlived.
Enjoy the pics

Hello Srid68

Congrats to you for this acquisition [:)] .
I must say BMW does give a premium feel from inside , especially with brown leather seats and all .

How does she behave on bad roads ? Is ride quality affected ?

Amit

350Z

Core Team
Exit X1 Enter 328i sport line - the sport red bmw with 245 horses
320d > X1 > 328i. Gosh. That’s a quick transition. Your loyalty towards BMW is worth praising. Congratulations and I look forward a detailed review of all-new 3. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mann you are changing cars faster than I change clothes. [lol].

Anyways congratz for your new Beamer. While I missed an opportunity to meet you with your X1, anyways would meet you in your new 328i [clap]

Thread Starter #71
I was bowled over by the performance of the 328i. I drove only for 5 minutes but was sold on it. The Melbourne red with the black interiors looks stunning and the HUD is amazing. It is going to be an agonising wait for the next few days and I resist the temptation to keep calling up the dealer for info. The latest is that the car has left the Chennai factory and is expected in Mumbai by Monday. The next four days will be octroi, registration and other formalities. I am targeting 25th, lets see what happens. I will the forum updated

Thread Starter #73
Flash Update
My X1 was taken back by the dealer yesterday and a replacement car has been provided(good gesture from the dealer). The 328i has reached Mumbai today and the octroi and registration formalities will begin tomorrow. Meanwhile the Finance documents have been processed. I am targetting for delivery on Monday (keeping fingers crossed). [:)]

Flash Update
My X1 was taken back by the dealer yesterday and a replacement car has been provided(good gesture from the dealer). The 328i has reached Mumbai today and the octroi and registration formalities will begin tomorrow. Meanwhile the Finance documents have been processed. I am targetting for delivery on Monday (keeping fingers crossed). [:)]
Wow. Sri, the teaser you are providing is making us loose our patience. we too keep our finger crossed that you will get it as you have planned and soon we will the beast in pics.

Flash Update
Wow swapping a 320d for X1 and then swapping X1 for 328i. Mindblowing dude. Please post a review of 328i with pics. Which color have you selected for 328i?

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom