My New Angel - Dew White Tata Manza Safire Aura ABS

re: My New Angel - DEW WHITE MANZA SAFIRE AURA ABS; 1000km Update

Guys need your help right now.
I am going for the first service of the angel tomorrow, so I am confused whether to get the engine oil changed or not. If yes then should I go for Synthetic.
Moreover what all things I should do more?
IMO get the oil changed. During the first service the wear and tear particles often get accumulated which is why it is a good practice to change the oil during first service.

As per the manual you need not change the oil at first service. In order to keep the bill minimum and the customer happy many manufacturers have been following the same. But if you are willing to spend for the oil , then go ahead. As Akash said its good if the oil is changed. But even if you don change , no harm for the engine.

@Safire, I would suggest an oil change and do go in for mineral oil for this time.

Let the engine pass the complete running-in period in mineral oil. During this period, the rate of engine wear will be high when compared to the remaining engine life. So, more unwanted particles will be mixing with the oil pretty soon.

Going in for a synthetic during this period will be a costly option considering that you have to change the oil pretty sooner. Go for synthetic may be for the next service!

Thread Starter #34

@Safire, I would suggest an oil change and do go in for mineral oil for this time.

Let the engine pass the complete running-in period in mineral oil. During this period, the rate of engine wear will be high when compared to the remaining engine life. So, more unwanted particles will be mixing with the oil pretty soon.

Going in for a synthetic during this period will be a costly option considering that you have to change the oil pretty sooner. Go for synthetic may be for the next service!
As per the manual you need not change the oil at first service. In order to keep the bill minimum and the customer happy many manufacturers have been following the same. But if you are willing to spend for the oil , then go ahead. As Akash said its good if the oil is changed. But even if you don change , no harm for the engine.
IMO get the oil changed. During the first service the wear and tear particles often get accumulated which is why it is a good practice to change the oil during first service.
ilango[speed thirst];66017 said:
Stick as per manual .

Manza diesel has one year of 20000 kms , but i have no idea about the petrol engine.

Hmm a oil change is definitely not a harm. Initial oil changes keeps engine smooth .
Thank you guys for your replies.
Well the car had only covered 500kms so decided not to go for the oil change.
Went to Urmil Motors(Ghaziabad) for the 1st service on 4th Feb.

Contrary to the popular belief was received nicely, the engineer asked me to park the car in the bay and then after 5 minutes he came with the form and asked for any problems. He noted down the odo, list of things in the car and I might add that he was courteous in answering my queries.
I was promised 6PM as the delivery time and got the car at 6:05PM(fair enough).
The only thing that I didn't like was that he had filled the after delivery inspection form himself which I returned back and moreover requested me to give a 10/10 on the call from TATA.
The family lounge was nice with TV(No coffee machine though) and it had huge windows from where you can look at the service station.

Overall I would rate them at 8.5/10.

Glad to know that you were served well at the A.S.S. What all was done during the first service?

Thread Starter #36

Glad to know that you were served well at the A.S.S. What all was done during the first service?
The car was done in a speedo service.
I didn't had any problems also I asked him to not to Top-up anything without calling me(I had already checked oil levels). So they just performed the basic checks, washing etc.
he asked me for a underbody coat for Rs 2500, which I flatly refused.

P.S.: there was one more guy there with his Indica. He was facing some problems with his car. They first changed his suspension, then so many other things as well. Still the problem was there and yet he was handed a bill going into some thousands.
Poor guy.
And yes I also test drove the Aria meanwhile.[evil]

Thread Starter #38

OT what was problem of that indica guy . How was TD of Aria ;)
I am not sure but he was having some strange creepy sound from the rear portion of the car, I was out before they figured the problem out.
Aria was huge, I was feeling as if I was driving a truck. The car with its sheer weight, I was very much conscious driving it, so it was only a short ride. Can't say much but yes I liked the interiors very much and the car felt rich to me.

Good that you have had a nice experience first up! But be prepared to face the worst![evil]

Even my TATA SA always asks me to give 10/10 when i get feedback call.

Aria will be fun to drive if you are used to driving SUV'S!

Thread Starter #40

Good that you have had a nice experience first up! But be prepared to face the worst![evil]

Even my TATA SA always asks me to give 10/10 when i get feedback call.

Aria will be fun to drive if you are used to driving SUV'S!
back after long time!
Yes I was prepared for the worst that is why I myself took the car and stood over their heads for the entire duration.
He tried to chip me with some lubrication package worth Rs 220/- but I denied that as well( it should be included in the service only, I guess).

Regarding Aria this was my first time driving a SUV so yes I was scared a bit( you will understand my situation when you will see the mad chaos on the roads in Ghaziabad!).

Thread Starter #42

Well guys time for a short update:
The car completed its 1000kms last weekend. Also we went for our first long trip in the car to Dehradun.

Total distance covered: 481.6km
Fuel Consumed: 31 ltr @ 62.XX RS/ltr
Average for the trip: 15.5kmpl
Total time taken: 11.5 hrs (including two 0.5 hours breaks)

The car performed well during the trip, the acceleration was good, brakes super Although I was expecting more average but considering that Delhi-Haridwar highway can hardly be considered a highway, so I am ok with it. During our return chief minister of UP Mayawati were visiting Modinagar so was kind of stuck in a jam for 1.5hrs.

Some random points about the ANGEL:

* This car has got very good brakes, I was running on 100kmph when I had to slam down the brakes due to an idiot on his bullock cart and boy it stopped well in distance.

* I felt that while turning the A-pillar sort of blocks your vision.

* The A/C of the car is a chillar.

* The audio system althogh with a good HU lacks the punch because of inferior speakers. I have not understood what is the brand of speakers, it has only Malaysia written with a random code. But the bluetooth fuctionality provided in the car is a boon and you will love it.

* The front fog lamps provided in the car are not that effective. Although the main beam/dipper are quite good.

* Over the time I have found the engine to be more refined then what it was in the beginning, moreover I felt that the clutch has softened a bit as well.

* The rear seats of the car is the main USP of this ride, they are so compfy just like a sofa.

* Noise Isolation of the car is fantastic. With the windows up you won't listen the engine's sound until you revv it hard.

*The performance of the engine is good considering the weight of the car. Although I stll feel that DZire is more spirited to drive

* I dearly miss one touch up/down power windows and sound when you lock/unlock the car. Moreover the range of remote is not much only about 40 feets.

* The ODO + HU looks beautiful in night.

Overall I am completely satisfied by this wonderful machine.

MODS: could you please add "1000km Update to the title".

Last edited:

Although I stll feel that DZire is more spirited to drive
that was real deal breaking statement.

nevertheless

Overall I am completely satisfied by this wonderful machine.
this is truly icing on cake.

wishes for completing 1k mark...and glad to note you are enjoying it very much.

@ safire90, Congrats on accomplishing the 1000km mark.

It's good to see that you are happier with the car. Wish u many more happy miles!

Top Bottom