My New Angel - Dew White Tata Manza Safire Aura ABS

Thread Starter #47
Re: My New Angel - DEW WHITE MANZA SAFIRE AURA ABS; 1000km Update

Good to see you enjoying . Nice FE .
Thanks mastersquall.
Yeah the fuel efficiency was good, it could have been better if the highways here were free from tractors and bullock carts!

that was real deal breaking statement.

nevertheless

this is truly icing on cake.

wishes for completing 1k mark...and glad to note you are enjoying it very much.
Thanks jayadev.
One has to accept that DZire is more peppy as Manza has about 100kgs of extra weight. But overall I would pick Manza anyday!
And yes one would love the comfort and features in this machine.

@ safire90, Congrats on accomplishing the 1000km mark.

It's good to see that you are happier with the car. Wish u many more happy miles!
Thanks HoLySaTan.

Congrats for the 1000kms safire90.

Thread title updated.
Thanks Akash.

Thread Starter #48

Hi guys
It is time to update the review, I have covered almost 4400kms in the angel now. The car has been performing well till now(spare for a niggle or two).
Some random points about the car:
*The engine & gearbox feel more refined now.
*It handles potholes nicely as well.
*The power delivered is sufficient IMO.

Some niggles which I have faced till now:
*The wash n wipe's pipe got broken-fixed under warrenty.
*The left power window makes a screeching sound while coming up, have to get it checked.
*The inside door handle of one of the rear seat has stopped working.

A very dangerous thing happened recently, I had sent the car for its second free service(it also has its own story) with the driver. After he brought the car back, we went for a long trip(about 150kms) the next day. My mom was regularly telling me that engine is making more noise. But I said it is fine.
Only after we came back I found that the bonnet was open all the time![frustration] We were lucky that nothing happened because of that.
After this I have decided to take the car for service only by myself and to check for everything after that.

350Z

Core Team

Welcome back safire90. Nice to read an update about your angel.

How did it break?
*The left power window makes a screeching sound while coming up, have to get it checked.
Please take it to the workshop immediately. And stop operating that window for time being, inform this to others as well. Otherwise, it may cause a bigger damage.
It happened to one of my friends in a Vista. However, the difference is that not one, but all the doors had gave up. :biggrin:
After this I have decided to take the car for service only by myself and to check for everything after that.
Good decision. I always get my car serviced in front of my eyes. Just cannot rely upon the service centre regardless of how reputed it is.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good to know you are happy with the car. We will have to live with the niggles with a TATA car , can't help it.

Well thank god nothing serious happened! That is the reason i always personally drop and also pick my cars back from service. One has to check if everything is alright before taking delivery and also most importantly i check for any scratches or dents made at the workshop!

The service guys are real clever. They always try to deliver the car as late as possible so that we don't have the time to check it properly. (Concord Motors, Dairy Circle)

I have found out that once you get friendly with the service manager, there is a big difference in the quality of service.

I also got friendly with a few technicians who did a good job on my car and make it a point to find them out and talk to them whenever I go to the service station.

@Highway Ranger
On my 2nd service at 5400kms the workshop told me to top up the engine oil with 700ml of oil, how they measured this quantity I don't know & I didn't do it at that time since they were giving oil from a drum rather a sealed oil can I hesitated since I had no way to confirm if its the same grade synthetic oil or not?

Did you get the top up done at 2nd service? I am now free & want to get the top up if its required but when I check the oil seems correct upto the level. I can feel engine noise increase & lesser mileage shown on DIS could this be due to less oil which I need to top up?

Thread Starter #54
Good to know you are happy with the car. We will have to live with the niggles with a TATA car , can't help it.

Well thank god nothing serious happened! That is the reason i always personally drop and also pick my cars back from service. One has to check if everything is alright before taking delivery and also most importantly i check for any scratches or dents made at the workshop!
Ya got the same lesson this time as well, it was the 3rd time I had sent the car for service.
On both the earlier occasions they returned the car citing that they have too many cars to service.
This time I took an appointment and I confirmed once again before sending the vehicle, but after reaching the service station and after making the job
card they had the audacity to say that they cannot service the vehicle because they already have too much vehicles.
It took a bit of bashing from my dad for them to realize their fault .
mind you this all happened at about 10 in the morning.
Funny people I say!
After this they also left the hood opened[frustration].

Welcome back safire90. Nice to read an update about your angel.
How did it broke?

Please take it to the workshop immediately. And stop operating that window for time being, inform this to others as well. Otherwise, it may cause a bigger damage.

It happened to one of my friends in a Vista. However, the difference is that not one, but all the doors had gave up. :biggrin:

Good decision. I always get my car serviced in front of my eyes. Just cannot rely upon the service centre regardless of how reputed it is.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z
I don't know how it was broken, I just came to know when dad told me that it was not working. Maybe something happened when the car was being driven by the driver.
There is something funny with that window, sometimes it works perfectly
fine and sometimes don't!

The service guys are real clever. They always try to deliver the car as late as possible so that we don't have the time to check it properly. (Concord Motors, Dairy Circle)

I have found out that once you get friendly with the service manager, there is a big difference in the quality of service.

I also got friendly with a few technicians who did a good job on my car and make it a point to find them out and talk to them whenever I go to the service station.
Exactly last time and this time as well I got my car at about 6:30 in the evening, even though the car was at the station at about 10'o clock.
Moreover at first and 2nd free service they hardly do anything!

yup that's what i also advise . You will always get lower bill ;)
Thats definitely a plus point.[:)]

Some niggles which I have faced till now:
Hi Safire90: My Manza is 4 months old now. I also hear the screeching sound when the left Power windows is lifted upwards. Thought of checking it during 2nd service after a month. Is it ok to use the left power window or should not use it. Is it so urgent that I have to check immediately. What was the problem. How was your problem solved?

Thread Starter #56

Hi Safire90: My Manza is 4 months old now. I also hear the screeching sound when the left Power windows is lifted upwards. Thought of checking it during 2nd service after a month. Is it ok to use the left power window or should not use it. Is it so urgent that I have to check immediately. What was the problem. How was your problem solved?

Hi Rudolf_Diesel

In my case it was not a persistent issue, after some time the sound vanished completely. So I left that.
Although I would advise you to get it checked if its happening regularly because I believe it can do a significant damage to the car.

Sound of my left front power window has vanished after the second free service. SA told me that he has realigned the window pane and motor. If it reappear s then he will replace the thing under warranty.

Top Bottom