My Much Awaited Apple iPhone 5 is Here

Thread Starter #1
Finally I received my iPhone 5 yesterday[:D] after waiting for 26 days. I placed my order on 10/4/12. It took so long because the phone was on backorder and includes 3 days for shipping. I was using a 4S before this and upgraded to IPhone 5. So thought of putting down the difference between the IPhone 5 & 4S.

Well if you look at both the phones they are almost identical but there are few differences in both of them.

IPhone 5 as all know has a larger screen.
The side walls of the iPhone 5 are black in color.
The headphone jack has now been moved on the bottom.
The rear body is not glass as in iPhone 4S
And iPhone 5 is thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S. (it is 28 grams lighter to be more precise)
IPhone 5 is much faster than the 4S due to it’s faster processor
IPhone 5 comes with iOS 6.
Iphone 5 comes with the new Apple EarPods.
Another new addition to the iPhone 5 is the 4G LTE.
And you get a storage and travel kit for the headphones which I think is useful.

IPhone 5 front camera is 1.2 megapixel and is capable of HD video recording in 720p whereas the iPhone 4S had a VGA camera.

Video recording on the iPhone 5 is slightly different, and new features over the iPhone 4S include improved image stabilization, face detection and the ability to take photos whilst in the middle of recording a video

IPhone 4S features a 3.5 inch retina display with a resolution of 960 x 640 pixels whereas the iPhone 5 features a 4 inch retina display with a resolution of 1136 x 640 pixles

Well my major reason for upgrading the phone was the screen size and the performance of the phone. It loads everything twice as fast as an iPhone 4S and apps open really quick. Also it loads videos very quickly and does not buffer.
So far I am loving the bigger screen and definitely the speed of this iPhone 5. Can’t say on the battery life as of right now will update the same in a few days.

Attaching few pics, please bear with me as i took the pictures from my friends phone.

Attachments

Congrats on your iphone 5
Please upload some snaps taken in iphone 5
Does iphone 5 has projector then upload that pics tooo.

Thread Starter #5
Congratulations mate :-).

I envy you now. [lol]. This is under contract or you bought it "Pay as you go".
Thanks buddy. I got this under a contract as of now and will get it unlocked when i come to India.

Congrats on your iphone 5
Please upload some snaps taken in iphone 5
Does iphone 5 has projector then upload that pics tooo.
Thanks mate and can you be more precise when you say projector[confused]! so that i can answer your question.

Congrats Singh on your cool new iPhone.

How is the new ear pod, my bro bought a skull candy head phone, which plays even the minute note.

Are you with AT & T or Verizon, the Verizon network gives a speed of 20 Mbps on 4G , that is what my bro had to say the speed it was showing on speed test.

@singhji
Someone said to me that this iphone 5 has a projector whoch can prject the screen in any place.
Even i saw some videos with that in youtube.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats Singh on your cool new iPhone.

How is the new ear pod, my bro bought a skull candy head phone, which plays even the minute note..
Thanks buddy and honestly i have not even used those new ear pod as of right now, got busy with work and then went to a concert.

Will try them today and get back to you.

Are you with AT & T or Verizon, the Verizon network gives a speed of 20 Mbps on 4G , that is what my bro had to say the speed it was showing on speed test.
I am with AT&T. Verizon is more expensive and why should i pay more when i am getting the same thing at a better price. But yes verizon network is really good. But AT&T rocks as well.

congrats the new acquisition Singh!!

it looks good in black. which version is it? 16 gb or 32gb or 64gb?
Thanks mate it's a 16gb.

@singhji
Someone said to me that this iphone 5 has a projector whoch can prject the screen in any place.
Even i saw some videos with that in youtube.
No buddy there is no such thing. I know what you are talking about, those were some random fake videos by some Stupid people who have nothing else to do in their life except creating hoax. So don't fall for them bro. [;)]

Thread Starter #11
How is the new ear pod, my bro bought a skull candy head phone, which plays even the minute note.
Alright buddy i am back with your query.

The new ear pods, i just have one word to say AMAZING[clap].

I just used them and man the sound quality is really great and so crystal clear. And the best part is that you don't hear outside noise, the way they have designed the new ear pods is such that it also works like the sound cancelling headphones thus reducing the outside noise. You can feel the bass very well.
And they fit in your ears as if they were made especially for you unlike the previous ones which use to pop out anytime they wanted to[roll].

Just to add few bits, My colleague have been gifted IPhone 5 from her BF.

1. It is very light to handle, Almost felt like toy.
  2. It is not that long in height that one cannot work with it, as claimed by many around the internet.
  3. Siri is brilliant.
  4. Touch is awesome.
  5. All in all, I am sold out to IPhone 5.

Singh Saab-I-Phone 5 looks good in Black Color.But,I like White more than Black.Recently,I had experienced with I5 and after using it,I m much impressed with it.My father's next phone would be I-Phone 5,I guess.

Thread Starter #14
Just to add few bits, My colleague have been gifted IPhone 5 from her BF.

1. It is very light to handle, Almost felt like toy.
  2. It is not that long in height that one cannot work with it, as claimed by many around the internet.
  3. Siri is brilliant.
  4. Touch is awesome.
  5. All in all, I am sold out to IPhone 5.
+100 to that.

Singh Saab-I-Phone 5 looks good in Black Color.But,I like White more than Black.Recently,I had experienced with I5 and after using it,I m much impressed with it.My father's next phone would be I-Phone 5,I guess.
Yes buddy iPhone 5 is just great and i love the speed of the phone. The way everything loads and LTE is amazing.
I have been using iphone for a long time now. Used 3gs then to 4 then 4S and now 5[:D]. Also i am using a ipod touch as well.

Top Bottom