My Modified Yamaha FZ-S

Thread Starter #121
Its been quite a while since this thread had any update
The bike and done little more than 41K km and that make nearly 6K km on the performance parts.
A Major work carried out recently was a starter clutch replacement and correcting tappet setting total cost has been 700 Rs.
And this valentines day Bought Motul 5100 Need to do a DIY oil change soon.
Last Tank fill have returned an overall FE of 46.XX Kmpl [:D]
85.jpg
Ps- Sorry for the Low quality pic taken on 2mp mobile cam

Hello Everyone,
Im new to this forum,
Loved your bikes Custom Paint[cheers] (COLOR ME CRAZY),Im planning to do a paint job in White & neon Green for my FZ's.
Actually i wanted to know how you installed the R-15 v2 back fender? i had bought it for my FZ but the guy who tried to clamp it made a mess of my bike so can you please give some close up pics for its bracket clamping & what all you did to the seat lock?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I have pretty less know-how of the bike stuff so want to know about them if YOU will help me a bit. whats BBK and FFE? and I have a query, I bought FZ-16 recently and got a HID kit installed in it. Do i need to replace the default lamp that comes with it ? and can i replace it with a projector ? and the angel eye is a part of the projector or a separate one? Also i wish to know which oil should i use.. i dont thrash the bike much but race a occasionally. thinking of motul 5100. need to get a new chain set. should i go for the stock yamaha 1 or any other suggestion??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #125
Hey, I have pretty less know-how of the bike stuff
BBK stand for Big Bore kit
FFE stands for Free Flow Exhaust
Since you already have a hid kit I would suggest you to buy a projector to get the best possible output.Projector also helps to reduce the glare form your headlight which posses a safety threat to other riders on road.More over running hid on your stock headlamp tends to fade away the reflector.
Most of the projectors have angle eye setup.
Choosing the right oil is ones choice I have been sticking to motul 5100 15w50 oil.If you budget permits then use FS oils like motul 7100 or 300V
My suggestion would be stick to 5100 and change the oil every 3k kms.if this the first time your going to use oil sourced outside from ASC I would suggest you change your oil filter too.
Regarding the chain I use only Genuine spare.have seen people running on Rolon chains but I would like to stay with the original spares

Well Me Too Love My FZ and here I present my Sweet Devil

Well Sorry i didnt gave any intro. My name is Saanil guys and i live in Panipat, Haryana. I have been driving FZ from past 2 years or near about it. I'm a riding enthusiast. I'm glad to be a part of this thread as i have been reading the post and it was always been an inspiration.

Attachments

Thread Starter #130
Aww its been quite a while since I updated this thread thanks to the student life :-/
Last month the bikev developed certain issue like low average and it wouldn't idle at Rpms less than 2K.
Gave the bike to ASC they kept it for five days and returned without fixing it
Finally decided to take the carb out myself and did so
Cleaned jets but no luck .With the advice from fellow riders checked the carb slider.
It was worn out .
A brand new silder along with rubber diaphragm cost nearly 2k so searched for alternatives.came across pulsar 180 29 mm carb cost 2.4k
Bought it and fixed it myself.All issue sorted out but if one know the tps in both the carb are different so you cannot connect it directly so either you have to live with the red light or lock at tps at particular position .
I came across a way to fix the tps to new carb let's see how that works out

Last edited:
Thread Starter #131
Going live after a really long time. [:)]
The bike still going strong like it used to.
Did a Trivandrum Chennai ride and it was fun taking into those highways.The average was 52kmpl even with all the mods [;)]
Before the journey both of the front shock oil and seals where replaced as one side was leaking and got the coneset replace.
Got a pair of KTM Duke 390 Rear view mirror.The only issue was the absence of a tail lamp came up with a quick Diy used a brake light from car which was lying useless had to do some cutting and custom clamps where made of stuff existing at home.

Some Pics [:D]
IMG-20150408-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20150408-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20150408-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20150408-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20150408-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20150408-WA0022.jpg

and this happened on the way [clap]
IMG-20150408-WA0012.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom