My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

hi Varun. Today I did spend about 2 hours to read your wonderful story and your interest and enthusiasm in always upgrading and doing one or other kind of improvement in your car. It is really remarkable. In fact I am new member to this group. while surfacing on net about what and how to do for Engine oil flush, I came across this group and took some tips and guidelines for doing the Engine oil flush and other servicing during the last week of March 2017.

Came across the wonderful stories of swiftshashi, sumitsinha, shantanu, ss 80 - Anand, Adil and others and was surprised to read that you youngsters( most of you are younger than my son) are doing wonderful ventures.

In fact for the first time in my life, I spent the whole day ( from 9.30am to 4.30pm) on 27th March 2017 with a small private Auto garage while I got the work done on my 19 yrs old M-800 Dx car. Of course I do maintain, clean up my car myself just like I water the flower plants in my small garden daily. Never did any DIY on my car except cleaning and polishing, just like most of the parsi babas do in Mumbai.

I have started to prepare a small write up ( not so elaborated like you all) of my experience with my 19 yrs Beautiful white Angel and shall write as a separate thread, so you all can go through it and give me your opinion and suggestion whether I did the right thing or went wrong anywhere. It may also give some tips to others about the cost involvement etc.

This is how she looks after restoration..
Dear Varun,

I had the opportunity of seeing this thread partially.I am in awe of the kind of work you have gotten done on your little beauty.I stumbled upon this when I was looking for automotive paint and didn't know the exact colour of my car.Since it matches your car Color I landed on this page and I can't tell you how impressed I am.I own a similar 5 speed 2002 model of the Maruti 800 5 speed 45 bhp AC 800 with an MPFI engine.

I'd love to get an appointment with you sometime so I could speak to you and plan a complete make over for my m800.I want to own this car for a lifetime and hence want to take you advice on where to start.I want to repaint the whole car and also do the engine up.Its done around 1,10,000 km and I've done around 50k km after I bought it from my brother.I wanna restore this before parts become difficult to get.Please advice me so I can do this.

I am based out of North Bangalore and would really like to meet or have a conversation with you soon.

Lots of regards to you bro,

Regards,
Arvind

Last edited by a moderator:

Today I sat the in Varun's car & could feel how big the issue is. The engine vibrates unevenly at idle, I dint realise how bad (& big) the vibrations are in the car, till I got in. I suspect some big bills coming in the next few weeks, I am really sorry Varun, I am a noob when it comes to MPFi (still in nursery in carb cars) so there is no gyaan/suggestion from my side, I am just a spectator :(
hello!
varun shocked to hear that the genuine varuns car is in trouble i have seen same issue with my friends car. The problem was with engine rubber holders were damaged they seem to be teared out. Automatic acceleration issue when was the carb cleaned??

Thread Starter #1,430
hello!
varun shocked to hear that the genuine varuns car is in trouble i have seen same issue with my friends car. The problem was with engine rubber holders were damaged they seem to be teared out. Automatic acceleration issue when was the carb cleaned??
Probably you're replying to 2 year old post. [;)]
And mine car is Mpfi, so no carb..

How is your car doing, Varun?? No updates now...
Car is good, no much updates except getting back the stock exhaust setup. [:)]

Attachments

Hi Varun,

Which car washer it was? 3M. I am a little bit worried about rain, as my car parking partially cover the car.

Thread Starter #1,433

Hi Varun,
Which car washer it was? 3M.
This was at home, Bosch pressure washer and foam lance.

hai varun what about ss80 no updates i saw the ownership of estilo closed is he sold the vehicle
He is happily enjoying in his new Honda Navi..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,435

Varun can I order online for the sets of alloy wheels. And what is the size of the tyre. Iam from Manipur
I think you have quoted a very old post. Not sure if this size alloys are still available and for the same price. Tire size is 165/60 R12.

You can try platiindia.com

Thread Starter #1,436

A long time pending upgrade.
Radiator fan upgraded to 130 watt fan from Safari.
Its not a direct fit, the fan fins needs to be reversed. There is significant
improvement in Ac and main thing is no more noise like the old fan [lol]

Attachments

Last edited:

Hi Varun @Varun560061,

I've been following your thread for a long time now. I'm also an owner of 800. I moved to Bangalore recently, so it'll be nice if we can meet. If you could give my car a test drive, tell me what all problems she's having and recommend a good garage. I bought mine on February this year. It's a 2004 MPFI model. Some modification ideas are also welcomed. Where do you live in Bangalore? How do I contact you?

Thanks,
Vivek

Last edited:

Hi Varun,
Where in Bangalore are you? How can I contact you? I've an 800 and I need to meet you to find a good garage, and for some modification ideas etc.
Thanks,
Vivek.

why not try this bro, pics from BIC official FB page

1100 CC
70 BHP
Highlift Cam
Port Polish
Free Flow Exhaust
3.07 Sec BIC Official Time

what is this 3.07 sec time? i didnt understand
View attachment 85525
Rear left wheel is in the air.It seems like it has a zen engine inside it.Probably means 3min07secs track time.Any info on how long the track is?Must be a fast lap.

Nice alloy wheels though.
I think this car has a F10A engine from a Maruti 1000. So it's a 1000 cc and not a 1100 cc engine. The Wagon R engine is almost 1100 cc.

Car is good, no much updates except getting back the stock exhaust setup. [:)]
Have you changed the alloys?

Top Bottom