My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Varun i have no words for you[clap], I am new to the group and own a silver color 2006 maruti 800 which i bought in 2011, and was planning to sell and upgrade but after reading through you posts i am motivated to retain and modify it gradually, You are just "AWESOME". Your love towards m800 is commendable.

Will go through the post to see how can i modify mine, will get in touch with you if required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finally got back the power steering, now under testing. Hopefully stays working for a longer time.[lol]
That's a good news Varun, finally making things happening as you dreamed of [:D]

Varun i have no words for you[clap], I am new to the group and own a silver color 2006 maruti 800 which i bought in 2011, and was planning to sell and upgrade but after reading through you posts i am motivated to retain and modify it gradually, You are just "AWESOME". Your love towards m800 is commendable.

Will go through the post to see how can i modify mine, will get in touch with you if required.
Hello @ksh@th, Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com, wish you a pleasant stay.

Varun is one prime example here of how one does loves his priced possession, and his enthusiasm towards bringing his dream cannot be matched.

Any queries, members are happy to assist you!!

Hi Varun, i m very much new to this club i would say. i too own a maruti 800 type 1 carburetor. its my first family car and hold a very immolation value to me. People keeps on telling me to sale it off and buy a new car instead,but i already have another car, and i can also own new ones too but would never sale my maruti. I m from imphal and and the garage out here are not up to the mark but i never loosed hope. I had so much fun driving my maruti and also pushing it many times ha ha. Recently i got my car painted, and now i would like to upgrade my car of which my car and u guys are my inspiration.1- a brake booster, 2-power steerng, 3- rear disk brake, and can u guys suggest anything to make the suspensions smooth.

Hi Varun,
Lovely car you have there!
I too own an M800 AC Duo (2008 type 3 model) silky silver, sadly in not so pristine a condition. The first owner was an HC judge and seemed to have some scrapes[cry]
I have done the following "mods" to the stock car :
1)Removed the LPG kit altogether
2)Switched tires to Yokohama 165/60/12 (just yesterday!)
3)Installed Hella fog lamps (square) for better visibility
4)Door visors, 70% visibility tint on all except front windscreen, leather steering wrap, 100/90 headlamp upgrade
5)ICE : Sony G1150 HU with Sony front & JBL rear speakers (forgotten the exact model!) in a box
I had a few queries with regard to further modifications or giving up the car for a better one by the year end.
1)Is it easy to source spares now, since the production was officially stopped in January?
2)How was your experience with Shabbir? I have been to him before and had a good experience. Did the headers lead to any significant drop in mileage? Also, did it improve pickup and high speed cruising? (Mine is a 4 speed, so this would be important)
3)I have mechanics who are automobile engineers and they discourage me from converting to power steering stating that it is uneconomical and risky with the speed cutoff controller. What is your take on this?
4)Any good accessory shop you can recommend around Jayanagar/J P Nagar area who doesn't cheat!

Thanks in advance!

Pic of my car attached :)
11705494_10155845409390113_9173644394779778581_o.jpg

Hi Varun, i m very much new to this club i would say. i too own a maruti 800 type 1 carburetor. its my first family car and hold a very immolation value to me. People keeps on telling me to sale it off an..........................and u guys are my inspiration.1- a brake booster, 2-power steerng, 3- rear disk braked buy a new car instead,but i already have another car, and i can also own new ones too but would never sale my maruti. I m from imphal and and the garage out here are not up to the mark but i never loosed hope. I had so much fun driving my maruti and also pushing it many times ha ha. Recently i got my car painted, and now i would like to upgrade my car of which my car , and can u guys suggest anything to make the suspensions smooth.
Hi Sharma ji,
Brake Booster is a very essential mod and its good to go ahead with it.
Rear disk brakes just not required for 800, instead you can get the drum liner grooved and ventilation holes drilled along with new brake shoes. That will be more than sufficient for the car.

Hi Varun,
Lovely car you have there!
I too own an M800 AC Duo (2008 type 3 model) silky silver, sadly in not so pristine a condition. The first owner was an HC judge and seemed to have some scrapes[cry]
I have done the following "mods" to the stock car :
1)Removed the LPG kit altogether
2)Switched tires to Yokohama 165/60/12 (just yesterday!)
3)Installed Hella fog lamps (square) for better visibility
4)Door visors, 70% visibility tint on all except front windscreen, leather steering wrap, 100/90 headlamp upgrade
5)ICE : Sony G1150 HU with Sony front & JBL rear speakers (forgotten the exact model!) in a box
I had a few queries with regard to further modifications or giving up the car for a better one by the year end.
1)Is it easy to source spares now, since the production was officially stopped in January?
2)How was your experience with Shabbir? I have been to him before and had a good experience. Did the headers lead to any significant drop in mileage? Also, did it improve pickup and high speed cruising? (Mine is a 4 speed, so this would be important)
3)I have mechanics who are automobile engineers and they discourage me from converting to power steering stating that it is uneconomical and risky with the speed cutoff controller. What is your take on this?
4)Any good accessory shop you can recommend around Jayanagar/J P Nagar area who doesn't cheat!

Thanks in advance!

Pic of my car attached :)
View attachment 179211
Power steering: This is a risky, but mainly a costly mod. The power steering in Varun;s car costed him well over 25K, now this kind of investment is good, only if your car is a daily drive and you are sure that you will never sell the car. Even otherwise, its a challenge to get it fixed. For the EPS in Varun's car, the ECM that controls it takes the reading from the Vehicle Speed sensor and hence the EPS cuts off beyond 60kmph.

I am not sure about J.P.Nagar/Jayanagar, but in J.C.Road there is shop - Nitin Automobiles, very honest and reasonable rates for all accesories. You can try there.

Thank you ss80.

Still deciding whether to keep the car or not. Main reasons not to are a lack of power steering and 4 speed gearbox.

25k is rather steep indeed.

My engine also heats like crazy and the fan stays on much longer than usual. Any pointers there?

My mechs told me just get the oil and coolant topped up or replaced every 2500/5000 km respectively and t should run fine...

Thread Starter #1,391

Still deciding whether to keep the car or not. Main reasons not to are a lack of power steering and 4 speed gearbox.
My engine also heats like crazy and the fan stays on much longer than usual. Any pointers there?

Coolant topped up or replaced every 2500/5000 km respectively and t should run fine...
I would strongly recommend you to upgrade to a new better car rather spending on a old car for improvements which is not practical !

Your mech is taking you for a ride. Its likely a case of blown head gasket or slight head warp.

Last edited:

Hey varun I liked the idea of the head rest and had the thought in my mind . i have a doubt does an wagon r seat fits 800 or can I just stuff the head rest in the present stock seat. Can you clear this for me please?

Thread Starter #1,393

Hi Aashu, there is no space to add a arm rest, also the seats are very flimsy to take any weight on them. I would suggest you not to try this.

Thread Starter #1,394

Finally my 800 is under restoration and rust proofing. Work done is excellent.
[clap]

Attachments

Last edited:

Wow Varun, glad to see your restoration on your beloved beauty. Would you mind to answer my question.

Is that new aprons make any issues on the alignment of the car or is that perfectly fitted like factory setup? BTW your engine paint is fabulous :)

Top Bottom