My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Thats a very good news that the idling issue is resolved which was pending for long Varun, Hope you are enjoying the power steering like your Chevy Enjoy. Please keep us posted more on the cost break up and your experience on it. Like the boosters fit in many 800's inspired from your 800 hope the PS also will go the same way.

Happy motoring!!

Girish

Thread Starter #1,172

Thanks Girish...

Here are few details..

Power steering unit - Sourced from Alto (old)
It costed me 12k (used one). New one would cost 32k.

The reason behind choosing the alto's PS is it has an separate ECM which controls the PS. The module is easy to connect.

It will have 5 connections, 1. RPM 2. Speed Sensor 3. Ground 4. Positive 5. Ignition (+ve).

Presently I have only connected 4 of them, still sourcing out the Vehicle speed sensor signal on my ECM.

The mods which are required to fit is, need to alter the mounting point of the column, replace the start joint from alto to 800 near the rack.

Make small mount points for the combination switch (stalks) also need to make tow holes for indicator cut off and steering lock.

Though the list is big, the result after fitting it you would not have any words to express. The steering is light and precise. Even with 4 people on board taking the car out of a tight parking is just easy and simple.

This took me whole month to finish it as I would work only 3-4 hours in a week on this. This time its not a full DIY it was done by MASS and with the help of my mechanic.

Thanks to SS80, Joeking, Sri Harsha, Chandrashekar, My mechanic (Ashok), Solotech MASS and every one for getting this done.

I have to redo all the electrical's and add new wires to all the accessories I had.

If any one would require the wiring diagram please pm or email me.

Any B'lore members could take a test drive and post a review here. I would be happy to hear the comments / suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited:

I read this thread twice but I cant get full of the info. But overall I am happy to hear about the details.

Varun :) I would like to know the process to fix Power steering. Like where you put motor and anything needed on tire rode.

Varun, did you get the speedo sensor for the PS?When does the PS cut off?

Any updates on the system for carb cars?

@Varun Till now I think that M800 comes with PS. Congrats for your fittment and update us about the PS response. You are a true car enthusiastic.

I will probably try to drop in this weekend to check out the PS. Will you be free?

Bonnet shine is superb. Did you polish it?

Just my opinion, although almost 10years old, your M800 still looks much better than the bigger Enjoy. Very few cars continue to look good when there is a new comer at home. May be the best MPFi 800 till date.

Thread Starter #1,182

Thanks Jarpickle..

Yes I did polish both the cars. I have used collinite 845...
At home every one likes the design/appearance of my little one.

This week end we can meet. Planning for a 800 cc meet..
Also can we have paint camp SS80 ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,183

Finally my car is again back with loads of issues.

Idling issue is back. The engine is misfiring . With that now the car is over heating just for 2-3 kms drive, the coolant is boiling.(Even though the fan is running continuously) Yesterday the coolant tank burst and the coolant is spilt all over the engine bay when my dad was driving.
Some how the car reached home with out stopping no where in the middle of the road.

I had seen muddy water inside the coolant tank 2-3 days ago so I got the radiator flushed and got new coolant yesterday itself.

I don't know what to do next.. My dad is already in second taught to sell this off and get a nano. But I will never do that.

Few questions :

Will electrical issues cause overheating ?

Will getting the engine rebuild solve the issue?

Did my DIY / Modifications cause these issues ?

Will getting a new half engine better choice ?

What if I get a new engine, rto / insurance changes to be done to make it legal..

Or would it be better if I keep the car idle for 1 or 2 months then think..

We have never faced these type of issues with the car from 10 years, all of a sudden every thing cropped up.

Friends need your suggestions..

Last edited:

Sad to hear the issues again in your 800 :(

Here are the few answers for your question from myside:

Will electrical issues cause overheating ?
I guess, Electrical things won't cause overheating.

Will getting the engine rebuild solve the issue?
That is one good option

Did my DIY / Modifications cause these issues ?
I guess NO.

Will getting a new half engine better choice ?
Think and decide

I think engine rebuild will solve all the issue.

Regarding the issues with your car, hang some lemons and chillies with buri nazar wale tera muh kala sticker.

Jokes apart, I would like to tell you that due to all the electrical mods the ECU may have started behaving abnormally. The maruti 800 ECU is not 100% re-programmable so it can't adapt lots of changes.

The possible causes of over heating are:
1. ECT sensor faulty
2. Improper air fuel mixture
3. High or Low current in the spark plugs

I'll soon post a long and tiring process to recover our beloved M800 from this state.

Top Bottom