My Modified Maruti 800

re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Hope this gets answered quick enough. I'm new to TAI and not a novice when to comes to mods. I recently took a long drive 800KM from Bangalore to Andhra. I noticed that my car lighting is very dim and decided to change it. When I asked a local garage guy in Rajamundry, they the stock bulbs 55/60 are not useful and got them upgraded to Bosch 12V 100/90. When I asked about any wiring upgrade they said its not necessary. But what I see here is entirely different. Everybody suggests a wiring upgrade. I plan to start my return drive on Saturday. Is it absolutely required to upgrade the wiring?
and What is this Relay?

@Varun560061 - You rock. I've got lot of questions for you. Will post them once am back in town.

Thread Starter #48

Hi Suresh welcome to TAI.. You have to get an seprate wiring kit with relay as the OEM wiring can't take the wattage of your blubs, it may get heated up/burn..

The wiring kit starts from 600 rs to 1.5k.. My suggesstion is go for ROOTS or Philiphs wiring kit..costs you 900 rs

Oe wiring could take up 100/90.
But to be cautious as in many case in indica's oe wiring burn/melt occurs.

Play safe - have a wiring kit. Its all a plug and play , give a try.

Member " dhilip Devil" had stock wiring and 100 watt in estilo. is that still intact?

You have to get an seprate wiring kit with relay as the OEM wiring can't take the wattage of your blubs, it may get heated up/burn..
What is this Relay? what is its function? I'm not sure If can get this done tomorrow. I will be using lights for 3 hrs in early morning and then may be a 2-3 hours in the night for my upcoming trip. Do you think I can wait till I come back to Bangalore?

@ilango
@Varun

Thanks for the quick responses. Now I feel secure about the trip. I shall undertake the wiring upgrade along some other mods once am back in town.
My car is 2007 AC model

Here is what I plan to get done for my car in the same order of priority

- Child Lock. Is this possible for 800?
- Fog Lights - What will be the approximate cost for fog lights and any performance issues with this
- Interiors, fabric inserts, cushy arm rests,
- Brake Boosters - Need Varun's help here
- Alloy wheels Is this only aesthetics or is there some functional aspect to these?

Thread Starter #53

@ilango
@Varun

Thanks for the quick responses. Now I feel secure about the trip. I shall undertake the wiring upgrade along some other mods once am back in town.
My car is 2007 AC model

Here is what I plan to get done for my car in the same order of priority

- Fog Lights - What will be the approximate cost for fog lights and any performance issues with this
- Alloy wheels Is this only aesthetics or is there some functional aspect to these?

We are there to help you any time..[:)]

Child locks - Tried a lot, as there is provision but can install..

Fog lamps - Check my cars review you will come to know. No performance issue except your car's alternator charging capacity.

Fabric inserts - Please check my car review and pic's

Booster - Really worth of money you spend, costs you 3.5 to 4k

Alloy wheels - Main purpose looks, these wheels are lighter than normal steel rims. These are more strong than the normal ones..

Thread Starter #54

Hi Friends,

A big update... Fixed an Header..
Cost 8k.. Got it fabricated for a local guy, who is very famous in making exhausts. He has customers all over INDIA, He fabricates headers even for racing purposes too.
Name - Shabbir, Venue : Near TV tower (opp fun world gate) , B'lore

First removed the front grill, headlamps, crash guard, bumper, etc.
Then got the exhaust manifold removed, old pipe cat con, silencer removed & started making measurements.
As my requirement was only performance and low\no sound, he had to fabricate 2 cans/ silencers, one in the place of cat con the other one in the end, though it can't so silent as the OEM, but the sound is less.
Also got an joint done so that in future if I don't like the sound I can put my old OEM end can ..[;)]

Today got a chance to test it, I am able to do 130 with out any fuss..(I need some more power between 80 to 110, what I felt)
Still I need to get adjusted to the sound. I guess (as of now) its happy drinking petrol like as if its water..this is due to revving more (due to the sound it makes).[evil]

So, please give me your valued reviews & also help me to gain more mileage.

Enjoy some pic's

Attachments

Child lock - Haven't heard of anyone doing it reliably.

Fog lights - depends on how much you are willing to spend. Hella MicroDE that I have in my 800 cost 5.4k. You can get MicroFF for a similar price. Advantage - they can be fitted on the bumper, without much additional fittings. Performance issues, just that your battery will be drained much faster with the additional load. If it's just the occassional night trip, this isn't a worry. Other than that, nothing that you'll ever notice.

Interiors - you can visit some upholstery shop and find out. JC road in B'lore would be a good place, I guess. I'd done my seats for around 4k last year in Palakkad. Nothing other than seats.

Brake boosters - You'll get KBX brake boosters for 3.5k. Best place, GP Road, Chennai. Any MASS can fix it for you.

Alloy wheels - my advice is to go for good, branded ones, and not Taiwan/Chinese/Thai local makes. The branded ones would cost you 1-2k extra, but they give you warranty. The others won't. And it's a risk too - these cheap ones might not be tested and qualified, plus, their offset and weight might not go well with the suspension components. Busted suspension parts will cost you a bomb, and also pose a risk to your safety.
You get Plati alloys for 11-12k (set of 4) in JC Road. Neowheels for 12k, Bridgestone Tiara for 13k or thereabouts.

The advantage of alloy wheels are:
1. improves ventilation of the disc/drum and the wheels - tyres would run cooler
2. slight reduction in weight -this comes only with branded ones. Cheap ones sometimes weigh more. Less unsprung mass = less inertia to movement = slightly better FE
3. Aesthetics.

Disadvantages:
1. Breakage - can't take abuse as much as steel rims, and they break instead of bending in similar conditions
2. Bents - you can't repair a bent alloy, you have to replace it
3. Cost

So friends, please help as I am getting low mileage after installing Headers..
Have you tried resetting the ECU after you installed the headers? Guess you should disconnect the battery for 15-20min in one shot, and then connect it back. *Might* help.

Maybe you should try to find out if you are driving with a heavy foot. With the sweet of the exhaust, you would be tempted to press the gas pedal harder, and you'll be running on higher RPMs, consequently lowering the FE

Hey Varun,

Your car is simple the best 800 I have seen so far its truly amazing. The modifications are simply brilliant, time you have spent on this car is really worth it.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Thread Starter #60

Hey Varun,

Your car is simple the best 800 I have seen so far its truly amazing. The modifications are simply brilliant, time you have spent on this car is really worth it.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
Thank you Santosh.. He is my best friend [:)]

Top Bottom