My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Hi Guna, here is my mechanic number you can visit him and get the booster fixed. Ashok - 9845847541.
This place is far away from your place (Uttarahalli).
Hi Varun,
Thanks for the info. There was a service due for my car, So i went to Bosch service (I used to go regularly there for service). When i asked them about booster, they said that after fixing it the engine performance will be reduced. Is it correct? Your views please...
And also When i checked with them about the spacers they said they will be a vibration when we cross the spped 80KM/h. Is it?
Please reply asap as i have given the car already for serivcing i have to decide whether to go for these or by today.

Thanks in advance.
Guna.

Thread Starter #1,352

There would be no issues with the performance when the booster if fitted. And for the spacers the only issue is you would have a bumpy ride than before.

Better get it done in a local garage that would be better for these stuff.

Hi Sir your 800 looks like New No one can say that 800 is 10 year old.i think your I am-800 proud to be Owner Like you..and Well maintained. M-800 is like Better than Showroom Condition. Its like Freshly paint . Now i Say Something If you paint your side Mirror (in the 1 page of ownership i see its body Color look like charm) and Bumper As Body Colour .It Look Fab ![:D] .

What You Say its New DIY Project for your Beauty.? [glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Experts Pl. suggest

Hi,
I wanted to go for Steel Headers with 3:2:1 setup with Stock mufler. I dont want to go FFE coz of the sound coz it lil annoying others when you drive. Has any one already tried this setup.
Pl let me know the impact of this on Mileage & pickup.

We discussed about WagonR seating (2004 model which spreads into Flat bed style) in a M800 some time ago by Varun & others. I read some where in the posts about seat modifications done by one of the seating mod guy near Hebbal, Bangalore, who does custom seating mods and if not reclining/moving Hinges like WagonR, we can still fit the normal hinges & a lil mods to the exiting setup to make all seats into a flat one.
Any one has a reference to that. Pl. do share.

Thanks in Advance!
Regards
Sri

Hi All,
Today when i was searching accessories for my M800 i found in Internet that there are some Chrome covers for ovrm with indicators on the cover.[surprise]
Below is the link:
Chrome Attachments - Exteriors : CarLounz.com
It is something interesting for me to have indicators on ovrm in my M800.
Your views please...
Any one have ordered this and using it..

Thanks in advance.
Guna[:)]

Thread Starter #1,356

My little 800 is just doing fine, no much modifications except removing the graphics and making it look simpler.

Its almost an year when I got the new engine block which has covered 10k Kms till date. It just demanded 3 liters oil till now that's it [lol].
My little wonder is munching miles as-usual even though we have a Diesel at home.

Attachments

Last edited:

My little 800 is just doing fine, no much modifications except removing the graphics and making it look simpler.

Its almost an year when I got the new engine block which has covered 10k Kms till date. It just demanded 3 liters oil till now that's it [lol].
My little wonder is munching miles as-usual even though we have a Diesel at home.
Super update Varun, the car looks ,much decent and better without graphics, and those alloys is looking cool on your 800. Next thing is to fix up with some different body paint. Dark blue like you said will suit, but let it come in the metallic finish.

Thread Starter #1,358

Thanks Vishwas, the paint job will have to wait for a long time from now. But sure will get it done. Before that I have to do some thing to strengthen the chassis.

Hi All,
Am now become very crazy about this post. Recently I brought Maruti 800 MPI STD [Borrowed from my brother] 2007 model. I was not so crazy about four wheelers, since am become owner of this increased the craziness. Even though my daughter not happy with 800 and she wants to go highend four wheelers. After reading Varun thread and how he modified the 800, interest, initiative, dedication simply superb. My car is almost 7 years old and I too feeling why dont make few changes/upgradation to existing one. Friends really I required your suggestions/help/guidance to get it upgraded. At present it travelled 1.16L and recently I did master service. On priority wanted to do/install the below jobs:
1. Brake Booster
2. Alloy wheels
3. Want to install spacer
4. Existing OEM horn
5. Any other suggestions from you.
My overall budget is around 20K. I request Varun please help me with any preferred mechanic who can do all the jobs.
Thanks in advance
V Sagar

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,360

Thanks Sagar for your compliments.
You can purchase booster kit and spacers from JK automobiles JC road.
For horn check out Nitin automobiles JC road, alloys depends on your choice (jc road plenty are available).

Here is my mechanic's number (Ashok - 9845847541), garage is in Chikkalasandra (uttarahalli main road).

Hi guys, I’m Jubin Jacob from Kerala. Today only I happened to visit this forum and the post found really interesting. I drive a Maruti 800 for last few months and wanted to meet likeminded personalities around. To be honest, I’m totally astounded to see this thread for DIYs and Mods on M800. I think I should also share my car’s story here.
I bought this 1995 model type 1 M800 a year ago for Rs 28,000. The car was just a set of 4 wheels with a faded metallic beige paintjob and dents everywhere. The mechanical part looked almost perfect except a slight rattle heard from the LH drive axle, and thought I would take her home. On the way to home, proving me wrong the car started misfiring and stalling. I had to use the choke to give rich mixture in order to withstand the issue. After reaching my nearest mechanic I’m told that the distributor cup was totally worn. I replaced that Denso unit with a Lucas one from a car which was salvaged there and replaced spark plugs too. The car needed a total treatment and I decided to give an overhauling session by the end of last year.
Will write more with photographs of the restoration soon[:)]

I guess no one knows how to do it or they are lazy.

If you want I can source and send the booster for you, get it fixed from any local mechanic.
Yes Varun, I too face the issue here in Kerala. A spare dealer promised me to source the KBX booster kit for me, but most mechanics pretend to be ignorant about the setup.. [confused]

One more thing Varun, this thread and your car inspire me a lot..! THANKS A TONNE..!
cheers
-Jj

Thanks Sagar for your compliments.
You can purchase booster kit and spacers from JK automobiles JC road.
For horn check out Nitin automobiles JC road, alloys depends on your choice (jc road plenty are available).

Here is my mechanic's number (Ashok - 9845847541), garage is in Chikkalasandra (uttarahalli main road).
Thanks Varun. I will be in touch with you.

Is it a pressure horn you are using in your car? [Hella dual tone red]. My horn has stopped working and is going to replace it, so i was thinking about buying the same horn as you have but my friend said that they are not allowed. [surprise]

Thread Starter #1,364

It is Hella Red grill. It is a bit loud. You can use it. Check before you buy.

Or get yellow grill ones, they are mild and not too harsh.

I think the only mod remaining is replacing the engine by Merc diesel engine or replacing wheels by tractor rear ones [:D]

Thanks for really motivating thread. I hope I would have came across it when I had Maruti 800 (20 years before) [;)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom