My Modified Maruti 800

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

very exited to see the outcome..Well i just wanted to ask that when i changed the haif block of my 800 which is 1990 model it costed only 11570rs..is their any differnce in my car half block and yours as yours is little costlier then mine...[roll]

Very happy to know that you are going for a new engine. Wish you a lakh more happy kilometers, try to get more pics especially while assembling etc.

Finally new engine arrived home !!

Cost of the half engine 12621 rs
Gasket set 640 rs
New radiator 1700 rs.
Oh great news, i'd like to see how it is fixed into your car, is your old engine is traded?

Why new engine Varun? sorry if i had missed any of your post in this regard.
Like he told earlier the car has idling issue which cannot be resolved, so he had to go for a new one.

Thread Starter #1,204

Wow, nice to see a brand new engine piece! [clap]All the best!
Thanks...

That was a big turnaround in the idle problem. Eagerly waiting for its performance. One feedback don't use these KN or Green filter they are the root cause for this problem allowing dust in it.
This time it would be a stock filter for few days..

I hope this new engine will solve all the issue. Update the thread whenever you get your car.
Me too thinking the same, if not I have a plan B (conversion to carb).

very exited to see the outcome..Well i just wanted to ask that when i changed the half block of my 800 which is 1990 model it costed only 11570rs..is their any difference in my car half block and yours as yours is little costlier then mine...[roll]
Mine too costed 11,800 but I included taxes & some small parts like oil seats, bedding etc.

Very happy to know that you are going for a new engine. Wish you a lakh more happy kilometers, try to get more pics especially while assembling etc.
Thanks, will be there at garage tomorrow since I have to sort out the wiring. The engine will be removed by tomorrow.

Oh great news, i'd like to see how it is fixed into your car, is your old engine is traded?
Planning to trade it for a 5 speed gearbox..[;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,207

Attachments

LOL the engine bay looks like a bird's eye view of Shivajinagar[lol]. I get scared to see so many wires in the car, you have one big DIY task now sorting out this much wires! If you get heat resistant paint, may be we can also consider painting the block red and get the intake manifold, timing belt cover and valve cover chromed, It will be one bling bling engine bay.

Thread Starter #1,209

Yesterday, finally the engine is out of the car. They had to use a pulley to get it out since I had header installed.

Also the A/C gas was removed, you could see the ice formation on the drier tank.

Now its my job to sort out the wires on the engine bay. Also have to clean the engine bay, 10 years of dust and what not.

Attachments

:agree: with Anand Bhai, I see the phoots and I get scared to see so many wires in the car..ufff. but one suggestion clean the engine bay .for long life of car.apply coating on it.and i think u can install firewall type product to resistant paint. like Anand bhai say..any planing to engine bay damping. like the product dampMat , and dynamat Xtreme.

varun bhai u just need 1 ltr of diesel and everything will shine like new..when my car's engine was removed MASS guys also sprayed something in the engine bay and they said that it prevents the bay from heat and dust.

I visited Varun's 800 on Saturday evening and found out too many wires inside and i went to see the P.S especially looked big and this is one great mod by Varun i'd ever seen in a car , think that mech had great time sorting out while removing those wires

All the best for the Heart(Engine) Transplant Varun.

Here are some pic's after sorting out the wiring and cleaning 10 years of dust mixed with oil..
looks nice and clean, please do insulate those wires before fixing all the accessories.

P.S maybe you can fix Alto's Air con by removing the current one or remove the A/C unit and make way for big mods.

Finally got Amaron.. Did check out the Bosch battery's but there were no stock in Din 55 series also they were costlier by 1.5k.

Got Amaron Din 55 For 5300 rs with exchange of my old Exide 35 amps battery.

Also visited a MASS (This is where I use to get it serviced before 4-5 years back.)
He told he would require 3-4 days to sort this out, budget would be around 3k max.
Will be leaving the car there on Tuesday.
Varun@

One question. What is special(except 5 yr warrenty) about this Din 55 Amaron battery you replaced? Is that higher amps battery?or came for M800?
Asking now because, my Esteem's battery has gone all of sudden and replaced with Bosch one(36Amps,24 months warrenty). MRP is Rs.4730 and the billed price was Rs.3800(Dealer price) and what i given with old battery is Rs.3200.
As per them it is the highest Amps battery, which we could fit in this car with stock alternater(isn't it?).

Thread Starter #1,215

One question. What is special(except 5 yr warrenty) about this Din 55 Amaron battery you replaced? Is that higher amps battery?or came for M800?
As per them it is the highest Amps battery, which we could fit in this car with stock alternater(isn't it?).
Hi Releesh, the stock 800 battery is 35 amps the one I have put is from Versa / accent petrol. Its 55 amps.
I have seen this battery in gypsy, 800's with stock alternator. No issues if you get this battery..

Top Bottom