My Modified Maruti 800

re: My Modified Maruti 800.

@Rao66.
I don't know why but that red 800 looks super hot. What have you done to it? [thinking]
Anyways, if you are planning to modify. First you need to look on to alloys & include tyres if budget allows. Make sure you don't overdo it with unnecessary stuffs coz right now it looks so nice with the red colour!
If I were you, with the alloys/tyres, I would have also installed a free-flow exhaust similar to varun's car. I love the roar!
And maybe Xenon Lights[:)]

lxi.

Suspended

I don't know why but that red 800 looks super hot. What have you done to it?
Hehe. [:)]. I know what he has done to make it look HOT!
1.Its the RED color, So obviously HOT!
2.Dark Tints, Contribute to the beauty of the red.
3. Nicely maintained with no scratch/dent (Touchwood)
4.Just Polished /Waxed / Cleaned before taking the pic, Right?

Cheers.

Hi,
Attaching pictures of my humble maruti 800. I have long wish list. My priority will be alloys, tyres. Not interested in modifying the engine etc., It is 2010 model with about 21900 on odo. Tried a lot to source suitable tacho. More pictures soon.
WOW!!!!!!
Your ride is definitely one hot smokin' one man and must I say excellently maintained.
Get some deep dish/machine finish alloys in black color with a red lip. Also, smoke the tail lights to medium black and de-badge it at the rear. That's gonna give it a super killer look.

freakdude.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Yes, Nice idea freakdude.
Smoked tail lamps will look good only if the Bumper is painted RED.
Yes, Debadging along with a free flow exhaust will surely make it a headturner.
Alloys should not have RED lips, Deep dish are ok. (Its just my opinion).

Cheers.

Thx. to Vishwas, lxi, jihu123, and freakdude.
I never interested in this red maruti. I had booked for a white one. The dealers promised me that they will deliver the car on the day I wanted.(may be superstitious,but it was a auspicious day for me) They had 3 white cars, 6 silver ones, 2 red ones about two days prior to my date of registration. Previous day they have sold two white cars 1 silver and one red maruti 800. When I went there astonishingly, I found that remaining white maruti had a dent on rear right door and they were busy fixing it. Some one banged it while reversing about a hour earlier. I was a wrong person on wrong time on wrong place for them! If I was about two hours late, they would have fixed it with a coat of paint or rubbing compound! I treat new car like a virgin! (sorry) I get full satisfaction when I sit inside a new car with all the windows rolled up and that smell of plastics.... intoxicate me. I always intended to keep the plastics that covers the seats as many days as possible but my children will remove all of them except driver seat same day itself! And I had no other option either to take the delivery of banged up white one or pick up another from silver or red. I called up my wify, and ........ the answer was "RED"![:)]
Some more snaps...

Attachments

Thread Starter #97

Great, your car interiors are super, I am searching for those wood finish on the dash board but I am not able to get one, pls share the cost..

I think you have added spacers too, good that you have done on all 4 wheels.
If we do it on 2 at rear calls looks weird..

First mod I would suggest is, to add a booster for the brakes..
Soon start a owner ship review...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #98

Today's update,
As the A/C was not working found out the compressor was faulty removed it my self (part to part) and found some blackish powder and the pistons were damaged(jammed), so need to clean them and do some lathe work too.

Need your suggestion, I think this powder has entered the whole a/c system (pipes\gas tank\condenser) . Is it safe to clean it with vacuum (and add a bit of thinner/petrol)..

Soon will post the pic's of the parts..

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Great, your car interiors are super, I am searching for those wood finish on the dash board but I am not able to get one, pls share the cost..
I am also looking for this in my Maruti Alto. Cost please?

Varun-
wood finish stickers are available in Mangalore. It costs just Rs.750-00. Autographics company I think. Yes, you are right. I have fixed spacers on all four wheels. I travel a lot with the rear seats removed and I use my car as small transport truck. I am in distribution business. But everyday I will keep my tiny maruti neat and clean.
I use Teepol liquid for washing exteriors. According to me it is the best product which does not fade the colours. And I use liquid black shoe polish to polish the bumpers and black plastic items of my Maruti 800.
I agree that brake boosters are necessary. But here, service advisers of maruti discouraging me saying that parts are not available. [confused]

Thread Starter #101

You can place a order to get the spares..
I was searching a lot for auto graphics, but now left as I am planning to paint them in beige colour..

Fabulous vehicle, varun. I have read your review for the first time and the car looks absolutely well maintained with lot of passion. I also had a 800 during my college days and was only molding it with all sorts of stickers and paint stuff ,but was never bothered about what was under the hood. But , you seem to be a very passionate auto lover[thumbsup].

Btw, what is that cutting oil mixed with diesel? Pls explain where you get it, how you use it, etc. Thanks.

Thread Starter #105

Thanks Markiv..

Cutting oil is easily available in JC road..
Just add a small amount of cutting oil say 100 ml to water\diesel and spray it near
the joints/moving parts, its done..The squeaking\rattling noise will be reduced..

Top Bottom