My Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi

Thread Starter #691
Re: 67000

165/65R13 wow. What difference does it make?
Mine is running on stock 145/80.
Looks great and lots of options for alloy wheels to as we dont have much options for 12" and doesnt looks that great too.[lol]

Hi aneesh. I'm new here and I've been seeing your thread and following every page thoroughly. I see you made quite a lot of mods and some work, Have you worked on the engine? Any sort?
Nothing done to engine till date other than regular oil changes and once replaced clutch, flywheel and release bearing, other than that nothing touched till date.

Mine is a 2005 model.
Help me out with stuff about my car. Here's the link to the thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...0710-maruti-alto-0-8-2005-service-thread.html

Sure.

Nothing done to engine till date other than regular oil changes and once replaced clutch, flywheel and release bearing, other than that nothing touched till date.
Here you said something about the flywheel. What is it? I recently changed my complete clutch assembly along with the plate and the bearing and cable.. Is it related to that?

And I'm loving the photos that you keep posting of your baby, It's a good thing bro. Congrats on keeping her so sexy till date.

I'll post some of mine soon too on my thread.

Thread Starter #693
Re: 67000

Here you said something about the flywheel. What is it? I recently changed my complete clutch assembly along with the plate and the bearing and cable.. Is it related to that?
Flywheel dont need a replacement unless you are having issues with it. In my case, clutch was worn out and it left deep scratches on my flywheel, so my mech suggested me either to get it lathed or replace it, so i replaced flywheel too, was roughly around 700rs.

And I'm loving the photos that you keep posting of your baby, It's a good thing bro. Congrats on keeping her so sexy till date.

I'll post some of mine soon too on my thread.
Thanks brother.[:)]

Thread Starter #694
First Puncture Experience

Its more than 5 years and i had my first ever puncture experience.[lol]

Was driving back from a wedding reception, which is around 40kms away from my city and on the way back , i was feeling huge power loss ,yes huge, Its not pulling at all, put 2 nd gear, accelerated till 40 and then put 3rd gear, again car was going back to 30's even though i was accelerating hard, i even parked car on the side, turned off engine and started again,still the same, Lot of things came through my mind, whether the injector is gone? might me, air filter is new so not that, oil is there, not heating, water and all is there and is perfect but still car is not pulling so i concluded my iinjectors is gone.[frustration] at that time, a guy riding a motorbike told me your tyre is flat. lol. I was like I didnt even felt it inside. [shock] then i stopped the car, upon checking the tyre was hot as hell and smoke was coming too. Jacked up and changed the tyre with my new stephney. It took less than 10 Mins, first time i am changing a tyre so was bit worried about tighting the bolts. Anyway did it and tyre pressure was low, anyway after driving a few kms, saw a petrol pump, filled air from there and everything was fine then.

The very next day, went to tyre shop and checked the tyre. I couldnt find the valve stem there and the tube was teared. Replaced the tube and fixed it. Tyre guy said my rims are rusted near the valve stem hole and its not round hole anymore and it might had done this to the tube as there was no sign of damage in the tyre. He suggested me to replace the rims.

So i am planning to replace all 4 rims, yes, no alloys, I am planning not to spend much on this car anymore as i will replace it with in next 2 years. Costs around 860rs per rim,any suggestions guys?

and crossed 68k recently.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mine is Alto 800 LXI CNG August 2015 model which has clocked 20.5k Kms. I recently completed by first paid service at 20k kms. Any idea what resale value I can expect from this car? The dealers are not offering above 2.5 Lakhs. I believe the car should not be sold for anything less than 3 lakhs. Can anyone please suggest?

Hey Aneesh , pretty nicely maintained car . I need a bit of help.i own a Alto k10 ,2012 model. I wanted to change the wipers of my car, and chose the frame less wipers, but shop owner said that frame less one's have less life as compared to frame one's. Is this true ?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hey Aneesh , pretty nicely maintained car . I need a bit of help.i own a Alto k10 ,2012 model. I wanted to change the wipers of my car, and chose the frame less wipers, but shop owner said that frame less one's have less life as compared to frame one's. Is this true ?
Both lasts a monsoon or two.

Hi Aneesh,

This is my first ever post in TAI. Really impressed with your regular updates on your little baby. I own a 2011 Lxi which clocked around 73k now and now it's time to do some mods and need all owner suggestions.

By the way how much yours clocked now and keep posting some pics...

:) Some rusted pipes,welded it,fine now and gave her a full wash too. [clap]
Hi fellow members. Can some one please explain this process? My alto's muffler (something inside) also rattles when i accelerate from cold start. But sometimes noise goes away after it warms up.
Local mechanic said he would cut open the muffler, weld or remove the "jalli"(net) and weld whole thing up. Is that a good option? I have pampered my baby very much and is still in very very good condition. 2010 model, 30k odo only, nothing changed except wipers.

i have done welding first, but the sound was back in just a few months and its really annoying hence i replaced the whole muffler.
That means welding doesnt hold the broken part that good. What do you suggest then? As per mechanic, it would cost me 200rs. I dont know about muffler price. I just the normal sound as it used to be. Please help!

Thread Starter #704
That means welding doesnt hold the broken part that good. What do you suggest then? As per mechanic, it would cost me 200rs. I dont know about muffler price. I just the normal sound as it used to be. Please help!
Get it welded first, it just a matter of 200rs. tell him to remove everything well and weld properly.

Top Bottom