My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #136
Thx.
There is absolutely no problem. No mismatch. Only experienced person can say that it met with an accident.

Hai sir,
Sorry for the incident and the car has speedly recovered. It is difficult to recognize the difference. It is one of the good gracely coloured 800 I saw in the forum.
wishing you the very best...

Last edited:

Attachments

I read'd the complete review "My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review" and now i feel its like an autobiography of a cute Maruti 800...very much thankful to Rao,Varun,ss80 for sharing your osm xperience with your 800..i also hav this cuitee.. and im proud of it...Mr: Rao..is your cutie is perfect now.?

Hello Sir, Ive gone through your entire thread and have seen the passion you have for cars. I have purchased a preowned maruti 800 and restored it to decent level. I hope Ill be able to catch up with you the next time when Im in Mangalore.
Regards
Rithesh

Can anyone give me how connections from the Alternator to the battery terminal. I am trying to connect the Alternator to the battery with cable used for Inverter. Is the wire directly connected to the battery or it goes to switch and then to the battery. This information would be most helpful as I have problem with charging the battery. I am also trying to get a Swift alternator and fix so that the problem does not happen.

It is connected directly from alternator +ve terminal to +ve terminal of the battery.

Note : Please post your queries in single thread related to particular modification/ subject.

Last edited:
Dear Rao66,

Your car was an inspiration for me when I was restoring my 13 year old Maruti 800.
He is back on road after a 9 week hibernation today. Restored as close to factory specification.
All your suggestions and tips were really useful.
Thanks,
Mohan

Attachments

Rao

Nice to see a M800 fan with so much of entusiasm for this car.

I had this car from 2006 to 2011 golden color. Sold this last year which completed 60000km without any troubles. Its a great car indeed and all time hit !!

I did a long travel on this from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari and back (around 4000km) total without a single trouble. Just fill it and run it. It returned 21kmpl with AC most of the times and 5 people on board.

It was a really a beautiful feeling to own this car and I regret for selling this car last year but there was no other way to by my Ritz diesel.

I know the owner of my M800 and often I go and see the car and come back[lol], because I have such a love with the car and the new owner laughs at me, but always tender thanks to me for maintaining my car in such a nice way

I miss it always !!

I think you are just converting your M800 to BMW fitting everything into it[clap]

I wish a long trouble free ride with it and even when you upgrade try and keep this, it will be very useful and its a great memory to have this car in the garage !!

Sweet memories of M 800, I too have.

I was using a Maruti 800 1996 model, Non AC 4 gear engine, for a short period of 2 years, 2005 - 2007, abd boy o boy, the car was that great.

My mechanic showed me a real time mileage of 13 km in 500 ml petrol, the real mileage tests with a can I was holding and the mechanic drove it 13 kms before the petrol in the measuring can was empty.

It was 26 kmpl, and I used to get somewhere around 20 kmpl in Karaikudi town in that period, and outskirts I used to get 25 kmpl non AC.

The car had minimal expenses.

Only negative point I would quote for that 800 was the poor brakes.

Can't try panic brakes in high speeds.

Maximum speeds I have done in that car is 120 kmph in Karaikudi to Kallal Road.

Awesome car. I still miss that car, as I sold it to my cousin brother, then the car couldn't be tracked post that.

It's a lovely car. Beautiful memories, which I miss, even when I am driving my 2013 Santro Xing today.

Old is Gold..

Sorry for boring with my emotions for my 4934 M800[lol]

Top Bottom