My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Hey thanks, I will check today itself. Am I right about the connecting part in the above post. We can skip the electrician visit & may be try it as a DIY. May be Rao66 too will be interested in this DIY :)

Thread Starter #34
Hey thanks, I will check today itself. Am I right about the connecting part in the above post. We can skip the electrician visit & may be try it as a DIY. May be Rao66 too will be interested in this DIY :)
Yes. I am also interested. Heavy gauge wire is required with proper sleeve. I am just planning fit it below my car stereo in the after market center console at a place marked in the photo. This place is used to keep the cassettes and I would like to cover this with black thick plastic/fiber sheet and make a suitable hole to fit the ammeter over there. So there wont be any damage to my car's original dashboard.

Attachments

Wont it be a bit difficult to see it while driving? Some place a bit higher would be easy to view I feel. But as you said, dashboard will need some minor changes/ drilling kind of work.

Thread Starter #36
Hi,
It is a simple instrument. So reading is not a problem. It is a back-lite meter. Instead of connecting its back lite to parking light wiring I am planning it to connect it to the ignition so that it will be lit continuously.

Hmmm yes you right, please post some pics when you connect the wires. I am too weak in wiring (especially the ignition ones). Last time I did something & car started to make issues. Waiting for a DIY thread from your end :)

Thread Starter #39
Hi,
Yes. But the problem is the diameter of the instrument is slightly bigger than that slot. It would look ugly if it is not fixed correctly. I will try my best.

Thread Starter #41
Hi,
Today I have changed my JVC HU with Pioneer MVH 1490UB, relatively good unit without CD receiver. It has FM,MW and SW also. Sound is crisp and clear. I paid Rs.3990-00 from Relience autozone, Bangalore.

I have added two halogen fog lamps. I have directly fitted it on the front bumper.

Another important DIY is fixing Sparco brushed aluminium pedals!. I paid Rs.1550-00[frustration] But quality is excellent. Another problem is I had to drill two holes each.

Attachments

Thread Starter #44
Sorry to miss this thread. A well maintained car and those bulbs makes it look like a bull.[gun]
Thx.V.much. More over I enjoy driving in the night[clap] I get the desired respect from on coming big brothers like volvos, eichers, 407s[evil]

Top Bottom