My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Is that the A/C condenser or the radiator ? By seeing the pic I guess even the balance rod has been bent.

But why did the drive shaft come out ?

Thread Starter #123
Both Cross member and the balance rod was bent and replaced them today. New radiator and condenser was installed. Engine is smooth even though without coolant I drove nearly 2 kms. They are replacing the bonnet. Some problem is there in the strut. Tomorrow they are doing the alignment. Will post photos tomorrow. Since balance rod and crossmember was bent, drive shaft came out while turning to extreme left.Regards

Sorry to hear about the accident.Hope no one was seriously injured.When such accidents happen we know how fragile our little 800 really is.

If you need any further help please let us know.

Thread Starter #126
M/s.Bharath Motors, Maruthi dealer of Mangalore helped me a lot. One Mr.Srikanth assigned a group of mechanics even though work load was heavy for them . I have purchased Pilkington brand of front windshield and Lumax headlights as per Mr.Varun's suggestion. They have put new front bonnet, A/c. condenser, radiator with fan, front balance rod, bumper etc. Since front apron was little bent, they have used carliner machine to pull and adjust alignment of wheels. Car was ready within a week time and I am really happy with M/s.Bharath Auto, Mangalore. I had to shell out about Rs.9,000-00 extra including the cost of front glass, headlamps etc. Total insurance claim stood at about Rs.24,000-00. Here is some photos . Mobile photo, sorry for the quality.

Attachments

Looks good, was the A pillar bent ? I can see the place around antenna tinkered..

Car liner, please tell us more about this.
Please post the pic's after completion of paint etc.

Original Asahi and MGP tinted windshield glass is good too.I am using the Asahi glass.What was the cost of the new bonnet.Was it MGP or OEM?

Thread Starter #129
Looks good, was the A pillar bent ? I can see the place around antenna tinkered..

Car liner, please tell us more about this.
Please post the pic's after completion of paint etc.
Yes. There was a small dent . A pillar was not bent.

Carliner hydraulically operated machine and it pulls, aligns, corrects the bent shell of a car. I have seen the mechanics placing my car over that. Don't know more about that.

Jarpickle, you are right. But the dealer told me that now high end cars are using Pilkington brand of US as OE. So, I took a chance. It is really good.

I will post the photo soon.
Regards.

Thread Starter #131
Hi,
I don' know the source of the new bonnet. I have not seen the details in the insurance bill.
Here is the final outcome. I am really happy. Headlamp is not aligned properly. I have to do it in the night. Otherwise I am satisfied.

Attachments

Thread Starter #134
Thx. Jarpickle and Varun. Yes I have done balancing as well as alignment. Absolutely no problem. Car is handling very well. Major problem is of headlight. I am planning to do a DIY. Varun, please advice me how to fit extra lamps as you have done in your "role model Maruthi 800 car" [:)]

Good to see your car back in excellent condition. How about the paint on bonnet, is there any major colour mismatch? or is it negligible. I always remember your car as RUBY (Red Gem) Congrats again Sir.

Top Bottom