My Maruti 800 AC - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Hi Varun,
Happy Ugadi!
Yes it is blue colored back lite clock . I got it for Rs. 300-00. Light connection is connected to ignition. You are right heater does not work. Silencer end cap made out of brushed aluminium and I paid Rs. 350-00.
Regards

Thread Starter #18
Hi, Varun
Will you please let me know where good quality tachometer is available in Bangalore ( 3 cylinder one) and how much it costs? What happened to your tacho?

Presently its not working.. You can get a small tacho (pro sport) for 1200 rs, its good .
You can get it in Nithin auto mobiles, JC road.

Thread Starter #21
Hi,
I was in Bangalore on 29 th. 370km took about 7 hours. My plan was to stay at Bangalore (Bannerghatta road where my sister lives) for two days and meet you, thought of fixing brake boosters for my maruti etc, but I had to cut short my visit and go back to Mangalore due to urgent circumstances on 30th. My maruti returned 23 kmpl with 70% AC. I may visit Bangalore after 20th April. I require your help on purchasing tacho,boosters, etc.,
Regards.

Thread Starter #23
Hi,
Thx. I dont know. In Feb. month I made two long trips. First I visited Tirumala. I left Mangalore by 4 pm and reached Tirupati 5.30 am next day. I used AC till Sakleshpura and till Tirupati I have switched off the AC. 8 am I reached Tirumala and by 3pm returned to Tirupati and on the way back I visited Kurudumale temple near Mulabagilu and returned to Mangalore. I have not used AC till Mangalore. Then with my two kids, wife and luggage I got 22kmpl. Within a week time I had to visit Chennai alone and I traveled via Kunigal-Nice road-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chennai and back. This time I got amazingly 24kmpl without AC throughout but high speed run for a Maruti i.e, 90+ !

Thread Starter #27
Hi,
Mr.Keith and Mr.Varun helped me to source strut bar for my maruti 800. Yesterday being Sunday I woke up early and fixed it to my car. Even though I had excellent tools I had to struggle to loosen up the four nuts. Age problem! Also recently I have purchased Stebel horn and along with the strut bar I have fixed it also. Here is the photos.

I have purchased Pricol Ammeter also. Just dont know where to fix it.

Attachments

The strut bar looks good, did you fix it yourself ?
Good one.. how does it sound, how much does it cost..
Have you made a separate switch for this ?

You can fix near the slot provided for cd player in the dash..just cut and fix it..

I have purchased Pricol Ammeter also. Just dont know where to fix it.
Your car looks like Red Gem with a red ring (bar) [;)]
How much did the ammetercost? Purchased online or from shop?

How will you connect the ammeter? I guess in series with the key/ignition slot am I right?

Thread Starter #30
The strut bar looks good, did you fix it yourself ?
Good one.. how does it sound, how much does it cost..
Have you made a separate switch for this ?

You can fix near the slot provided for cd player in the dash..just cut and fix it..
Hi, Thx.Yes, its my work! I have cancelled the original horn and connected this Stebel. Excellent sound. Far better than twin horns. I paid Rs.950-00. Its made in Italy product.

Your car looks like Red Gem with a red ring (bar) [;)]
How much did the ammetercost? Purchased online or from shop?

How will you connect the ammeter? I guess in series with the key/ignition slot am I right?
Hi,Thx. I paid Rs.260-00 at Aditya auto parts Coimbatore. I think so. An electricians help required to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom