My Manza QuadraJet Monarch is Ready to Rule

Hey Ganesh the pictures are looking really cool and the best interiors i have seen in a Tata so far!

So now share with us your driving experiences , the performance of the car etc etc!!

Thread Starter #20
I have driven it only for about 15 KM myself. Spent a good amount of time going through the user manual and to get adjusted to the controls. Initial feedback so far

Gear Shift: Excellent. It slots neatly without any fuss whatsoever

Steering Control: Excellent straight Line driving. Leave the Steering and the vehicle goes in a straight line

Brake:
Has a good bite. Thankfully, so far did not have the necessity to test ABS so far.

Clutch: Felt a bit hard. May be will get used to it.

DIS: Readable from the drivers angle. Fonts could have been improved

Music System: Gives a decent sound. May disappoint an Audiophile. Equalizer adjustments are decent enough to produce rich sound for an average listener. Sync up with USB device is good. Not used the remote yet.

Head Lights: Powerful and usable for the short drives that I had undertaken so far. Need to check over Highways which I will do it

Shock Absorbers: Had gone over a couple of bad pot holes and it absorbed it pretty well

AC: Very effective. Could feel the chillness in the back seat within 2 min of switching on the AC at 2nd Speed. Planning to take to Chennai in May wherein the real test of AC may happen
Rear seat space: Amazing. Even with the front seat fully pushed back, I was able to sit with about 2 fist length gap between my knee and the front seat. I am 5'9" tall

Front Lamp Adjustment: Has three levels of adjustments, which gives an ample level of throw in the front

E-ORVM:
Works well and able to adjust pretty cleanly. Able to see one lane of traffic on either sides clearly without leaning to the right or left
Driver Side Power Window: Need to get adjusted as it is Single Shot. Single press and it rolls down all the way (as intended though), if my intention was to bring it down slightly.

Pickup: Good torque and car lunges forward with a tap on the accelerator
Noise Insulation inside the cabin: Amazing. In fact, a couple of times, I cranked the engine thinking it is off. Even when parked in my basement, engine noise is relatively mild.

Small Niggles (hope this stays at this count):
Panel gap in the Steering Wheel Column. Visible in all the cars seen so far
Boot Lamp stopped working and started working automatically
Window Lock on drivers seat stopped working and started working automatically
Hope I will not have any more such surprises

Overall, it has been a pleasurable experience so far [thumbsup] Planning to go on a long trip after the first service only. Will keep posting updates to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driver Side Power Window: Need to get adjusted as it is Single Shot. Single press and it rolls down all the way (as intended though), if my intention was to bring it down slightly.

Normally if you press for > 1 sec, it will auto roll-down. You can also try like press to roll-down and pull the lever, it should stop. (Same thing i do in Punto).

AC: Very effective. Could feel the chillness in the back seat within 2 min of switching on the AC at 2nd Speed. Planning to take to Chennai in May wherein the real test of AC may happen.
Correct, any vehicles AC can be tested in Chennai. ;-)
I think Manza have rear vents also, isn't it?

Normally if you press for > 1 sec, it will auto roll-down. You can also try like press to roll-down and pull the lever, it should stop. (Same thing i do in Punto).
Actually there will be two step. if you press down , i step further you press down , it goes down with a small snudge . that is auto down. (if feature available)

Esteem has auto up feature too

Actually there will be two step. if you press down ,its 1st

press further , it step further , it goes down with a small snudge . that is auto down. (if feature available)

Esteem has auto up feature too

Gear shift: I think it must be a big step forward here i feel like am driving a truck when driving my Safari!!

Clutch: Maybe it has a hard clutch only! My Safari has a very hard clutch which is very difficult to drive in city conditions! I heard even the Polo comes with a hard clutch! My Verna has a soft clutch though!

AC: Well yeah in Chennai its already close to 42 now and it will go upto 45 degrees in May. Good place to check your AC! My Safari takes more than 30 mins to cool in extreme summer , will be glad if Manza has improved it!!

Space: Well TATA can offer this in every car!!

Power Window: I think like Ilango said if you press slightly the windows will roll down only till you press upon hard pressing only the auto-roll down feature will get activated!! Or else you can do what RSM has also suggested!! BTW this auto-roll down feature is not present in Safari itself , so TATA is on the right path now giving more importance to ergonomics and features!!

Noise Insulation: That is just the icing on the cake! I too saw a few Manza's and the engines were ultra smooth and refined when compared to even Skoda's TDI engines which are very noisy!!

Well if you come to Chennai probably we can all have a meet then!!

Thread Starter #28
My trip to Chennai and back

I am back after a looooong while.

I had been to Chennai and back during the first week of May

Bangalore to Chennai (1st May)

Odo read 331 KM when I started from Bangalore.

We (Myself, my wife and my two kids one 7 years and another 1 year) started at 11:00 A.M. from my home. Reaching the new elevated expressway towards Electronic City took a while. Once we were upon, I could touch 80+. Had a chance to deploy the 5th gear for an extended duration for the first time. The ride was smooth on the new road. I had to control myself not to go over board and be within the range of 80-90 kmph and maintain my engine RPM within 2K.

We reached Tamilnadu around 12:15 P.M. Had a little bit of a bottleneck in Hosur while crossing the bus terminus. But after that, it was ride was silky smooth and cool. Fortunately, Sun God was considerate on us and outside temperature was not so harsh and the weather was pleasant. I was doing consistently between 80-90 with an occassional 100. But I did not want to sustain considering the run-in period the vehicle was in.

We had a stopover for about 15 min in one of the resting bays. Vehicles were wizzing past us. We started at 1:00 P.M. There were some photographic moments with the Sun playing cat and mouse game with the clouds. The reflectory effect it had on the mountains were amazing. Unfortunately, I could not take snaps as the batteries had run out of my camera.

My son was busy noting down the name of villages that we were passing. By about 1:45 P.M. we had touched Krishnagiri. I was cautioned multiple times by my colleagues not to take the 'Second Flyover' in Krishnagiri and to carry on below the flyover and take a Left. I followed it to the letter, and was in NH46 away from NH7.

Road conditions were excellent. We did not find any undulations or may be my Manza was soaking the little ups and downs pretty well. My second kid was fast asleep and my elder son was getting impatient with the monotony of the road ahead. Initial enthusiasm was fizzling out and boredom had set in. But he had brought in a collection of fast moving songs from the latest movies. He was handling the Music system remote and he was back in his spirits.

Bargur, Vaniyambadi, Ambur all went by without any hassles and soon we were crossing Vellore. After we crossed Vellore, we had a break before Ranipet. Stretched our legs outside and were back in the car and cruising all the way to Chennai.

I missed the by-pass before Poonamalee and so had to enter Poonamallee and was stuck in traffic. Managed to reach home by 5:30 P.M.

Door to door it took 6 hours 30 min with total break of about 45 min. AC was on 100% of the drive. Mileage as shown by DIS was 22.1 Kmpl. Did not measure the tank-tank method to determine the exact mileage.

Chennai to Bangalore (9th May)

It was a solo drive back to Bangalore as I had dropped my family in Chennai. I was expecting the journey to be monotonous and boring.

Started at 11:30 A.M. from Chennai. Reaching Poonamalee took about an hour. There was a lot of traffic. But once I crossed, road was relatively empty. I was able to travel at 80 kmph. I was listening to a FM station. I was able to receive the transmission till I reached Kanchipuram (approx 90 km from chennai). Not sure whether the transmission was strong or my Manza's receiver is powerful. After that, I went back to my old records in my USB.

Unlike the onward journey, sun was shining bright and strong. The outside temperature was hovering above 40+C. Near Vellore, my DIS showed the outside temperature at 45 as well. AC was at Level 1 and it was comfortable inside. I was driving slightly less than 80. Beyond Hosur, traffic picked up and once I reached Electronic City, it peaked up. Sunday evening traffic !! Reached home at around 6:15 P.M.

Door to door, it was 6 hours 45 min with a total break of about 30 min. AC was on 100% of the drive. Mileage as shown by DIS was 21.5 kmpl.

Summary: This was the first time I had taken a long drive. I was not sure what to expect, but it turned out to be extremely comfortable. Even my folds did not feel any strain after this journey. I was feeling totally in control of the vehicle. Steering control was perfect in 80s and 90s. AC was effective, but luck was on our side as the outside temperature was only in the mid thirties.

Minor niggles: The reflection in the dashboard is a bit annoying. AC in Step 1 may not be effective in back seat if the sun is from behind.

Hey Ganesh glad to know your Manza is performing well and the FE is excellent! The NH from Bangalore to Chennai is a breeze to drive with four laning done throughout. And if you had taken the bye-pass to Ponnamalee you could have reached Chennai an hour earlier , such is the traffic inside Ponnamalee!

AC i feel as its peak summer during May here in Chennai you must have felt the heat on the rear seat but otherwise always blower in level 1 will cool the cabin pretty fast.

BTW any pictures?

Last edited:

Top Bottom