My Mahindra Bolero Pick-up Burnt in Karnataka

Thread Starter #1
My Bolero Pick up was on it's duty of distributing loads to KL, KA. the vechile left from chennai on sep 10. After unloading goods at sulthan bathery, the vechile left for mandya. At around 1pm on sep 12, starting from mandya after unloading goods enroute the vechile was burnt. This is what the driver said" he was enroute and somewhere near mandya a group of 30 people throwed stones and rods on the windsheild. The driver lost control and braked hard and hit the divider. Soon the mob surrouneded the vechile, the driver and loadman ran for their life. By the time, the vechile was set fire. good sense prevailed the driver took the cash with him.

The driver and load man was helped by a KA truck driver. They boarded the lorry and escaped and reached chennai'. The vechile was a total loss and was burnt to ashes. Only fortunate thing is this incident took place after unloading goods. else it would be a goods of worth 3 lakhs and plus the car.

Re: car burnt in KA

Really sorry to hear such a bad news. I was dreading this moment in this forum that someone was going to get hurt.

Glad to hear that the driver, load & the money were safe. Have to appreciate the quick thinking of the driver & get out.

Was it a TN registered vehicle? Why take such a risk to go in?

Very sorry to read this sad news. I do not know when the mentality of people will change. The only positive point is driver & the load was saved along with money.
Will this get covered under insurance?

Good at least Driver, load and money is safe. IMHO you should have avoided the risks looking at the current situation.

Thread Starter #5

Really sorry to hear such a bad news. I was dreading this moment in this forum that someone was going to get hurt.

Glad to hear that the driver, load & the money were safe. Have to appreciate the quick thinking of the driver & get out.

Was it a TN registered vehicle? Why take such a risk to go in?
actually situation was normal in the morning and since it's time to get deliver the good took the risk. yes it's a chennai registered vechile.

remains of the Burnt vechile were took my partner's factory in mandya. keeping in touch with insurance agent. the surveyor would come on thursday or friday to see the remains.

Sorry to hear this. Yes if vehicle is comprehensive you can get claim. Hope you have maintained good idv value. By the way guys I was Scorpio guys since years and servicing in India Garage. Now changed to safari two months back. Can you refer some good garage who does good work and takes nominal charge in Chennai pls

Last edited by a moderator:
Very bad to hear bro, 12th Sept was really a bad day in K'taka and especially in that part of area (Core riot-zone), Good thing is your driver came unharmed. Fortunate enough there were no goods.

If possible, register a complaint in the police station to be on the safer side.

Thread Starter #10
Sorry to hear this tragedy sir. Thank God the crew escaped from the hooligans.
Very bad to hear bro, 12th Sept was really a bad day in K'taka and especially in that part of area (Core riot-zone), Good thing is your driver came unharmed. Fortunate enough there were no goods.

If possible, register a complaint in the police station to be on the safer side.
the police formality is over and in face the in charge cop was so helpful and supportive. he demanded Not even a single penny. the surveyor is arriving tommorow to get the things done.

remains of the Burnt vechile were took my partner's factory in mandya. keeping in touch with insurance agent. the surveyor would come on thursday or friday to see the remains.
If you had taken a comprehensive coverage (Apart from the natural calamities coverage, man-made calamities include: burglary, housebreaking, theft, riot or strike, accident by external means, malicious act, terrorist activity and damage during travel by road, rail, inland-waterway, or air.).

The surveyor will want to know a few things about the incidents. He may want to interview the driver too. Just make sure that the story is intact from all sources. If the surveyor has to disprove it is not 'Riots', he will want to make sure that there was instigation / just personal conflicts. And he will want to know whether the attackers were known to you/partner earlier (to make sure that this is a third party). He may go to the actual place of the incident (without your knowledge) & investigate. He will go to the local police as well to reconfirm facts.

Not to worry too much there. He is just doing his routine job. Most likely your IDV will be given, post deductions or so. But it will take time. If it happens faster, thank upstairs. Someone's blessing is still there with you.

Yes if vehicle is comprehensive you can get claim.
Absolutely right.

Top Bottom