My LUVly Tigs: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi

Good to see the way you have maintained your ride buddy and surely those FE figures are good.:biggrin:.
Nice catch on your miles figure that you could click it on time.

Thread Starter #49
Good to see the way you have maintained your ride buddy and surely those FE figures are good.:biggrin:.
Nice catch on your miles figure that you could click it on time.
Hi Vijay, seeing you after long time.

Thanks for the compliments and yes those FE figures are really good. Even in summers with 100% AC on, it never went below 16.5 kmpl in city drives. Now its winter so it is mileage extracting weather with no AC. [evil]

Thread Starter #53
UPDATE:

Donkey has crossed 60k kms and now at 62k kms. Not even 2 year old yet. But soon though. Still doing its duty effortlessly. Just finished 1200 kms road trip from Delhi to Lucknow and back yday with overall FE of 18.2.

Thread Starter #54
So the car completed 70,000 kms a couple days back and quickly sent it for the servicing. Happy with the servicing as I have changed the service center from last 2 servicings and the experience is good. Cost of the servicing was 6.6K...

BTW, 70,000 kms in just a shade over 2 years. [evil]

Attachments

Thread Starter #56
Great ownership review. Glad to know that till date you have not faced the synchroniser ring issue [touchwood].
Yes I am stuck with that problem now. At 78k kms or so, the issue started. Somehow still driving on with that but sad part is that now my extended warranty is over due Odometer being at 82k kms now.

Will get it fixed with clutch plate replacement also

Car is at 82k kms now and going well. Got it serviced yesterday for the 80k kms service and the final bill was 8.2k.

Hi Type-r,

A quick question. What were the service cost you had to bear for 10k,20k, 40k and 50k.

Also I heard that Ertiga lacks power when its climbing uphill is that true..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #58
Hi Type-r,

A quick question. What were the service cost you had to bear for 10k,20k, 40k and 50k.

Also I heard that Ertiga lacks power when its climbing uphill is that true..
Firstly, sorry for the late reply.

Each service costs varies from 6-8K. Maruti makes a list that is stupid to be honest so you have to be there to cut the list down to what is actually needed.

No it does not lack power but due to it being a small, turbocharged engine, you have to be in the rev range and you have to downshift to 2nd from 3rd many times. It does not struggle but to the layman it means it is struggling since the Innova or Xylo doesn't need a downshift. [lol]

UPDATE

The Ertiga is at 87,000 kms now. Soon to reach 90K and time for another servicing. My car was plagued with the infamous gear synchronizer so i got that changed. Maruti ASS quoted 19k with clutch change and 2nd gear synchro.

Went to my trusted nearby FNG and got it done for 9.5K rupees. Though my clutch was fine and would easily last 50K kms more, the rule is that if synchro gets changed then clutch has to be changed too. Car is sorted now.

At 77K kms, I got the tires changed. Crappy MRF ZVT went out and brand new Yoko Earth 1 tires came in. I got in the same size as the stock tires which is 185/55/R15.

As I type this, its gone for a new battery. Will update which one is finalized and goes in. Rest car is doing well. FE has dropped off late post clutch and synchro change (i am not sure if it is related)... so will get that checked.

Thread Starter #59
UPDATE:

Car crossed 90K kms yesterday. The car is 2 years and 11 months old now. At the 88k mark, the fuel sensor went kaput. The car would think it has no fuel and it would just die suddenly while driving. It caused a great inconvenience to the family. We gave it to MASS, they could not fix it. Then it got towed to another MASS, and they were clueless as well. They just scanned the error codes, deleted it and gave it back.

A local FNG then came to the rescue and helped fixed the car. Car is running fine now but that little phase of a week or two was really worrying as car was not able to drive even 1km. But thankfully all is sorted now. Back to its merry duties.

Attachments

Top Bottom