My LS2 Killer - Devil's Custom painted Lid

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
[evil]

No money for an LS2, not much money to spend, lots of time to spend, why not screw up my helmet????

Here comes another DIY from me [:D]

Wanted something striking. Was planning a collage with skulls, and of course my all time favorite classic racing stripes. ideas evolved ending up in what you people seeing now.

Vinyling over curves is pretty tough and risky job and adding designs rather tougher, so came up with the idea, why can't I shade with pencil.

Painted my black Lid, matt white, masked the design, started shading with the big tipped 10B pencil, but unsatisfactory result. here comes the mighty 2B pencil 0.5 mm. Lots of patience, and its done. Done a simple clear coat, unmasked, cleaned the white part and thoroughly clear coated the helmet. Red skull with color pencil [;)].

Repainted umpteen times, something goes wrong every time, screwing me up. I used a can of matt black to paint 5 rims whereas it took 2 cans matt white to paint my poor helmet.

Result, guaranteed admiration.

Hope all like this.

Attachments

Really cool buddy! I have to admit i don have the patience to try out such DIY'S but the rewards surely looks worth trying once!

Isnt it "Lord of the Streets"?

amazing and hard to believe you did it with your hands .man your creativity is awesome .you learned all this stuff yourself??

Excellent work and art.[thumbsup] Sad that there aren't many people like you nowadays who D.I.Y or let alone can change a tyre even. With all the gadgets and gizmos around, people are losing out on their skill sets.
Appreciate the work you do!

Thread Starter #8

deville_56

Honoured Member
Excellent work and art.[thumbsup] Sad that there aren't many people like you nowadays who D.I.Y or let alone can change a tyre even. With all the gadgets and gizmos around, people are losing out on their skill sets.
Appreciate the work you do!
Excelent buddy! It should be 'Lord of DIY'.
Thanx all. Your all's appreciation is my inspiration.

Really cool buddy! I have to admit i don have the patience to try out such DIY'S but the rewards surely looks worth trying once!

Isnt it "Lord of the Streets"?
It's the same impatience ruining the quality of my jobs.[evil]

Logo is from Red Bull Lord of the Street, it was absolute coincidence FZ's caption being Lord of the Streets [;)]

amazing and hard to believe you did it with your hands .man your creativity is awesome .you learned all this stuff yourself??
Yeah. Observe once and try, that's my way, but always not perfect/successful.

350Z

Core Team
Deville, I must admit that you have a lot of serious creative skills and the best part is, you are always exploring it one way or another. Keep up the great work, I keenly look forward reading more such DIYs from you in future. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom