My Love: Maruti Alto LX 2007 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Hi guys! Very sad to see nobody tried to comment on my posts. [frustration]
I want to put convex mirrors for blind spots, is there anybody want to help me ?

Lakkhi praji jigra inna nikka na karo. Replies will come, you just bash on regardless.

The USB installation is eye opening; something possible only in Punjab I guess :biggrin:. Please post some snaps of the same. How good is the sound quality via the USB?

The chrome on the front grille looks cool indeed. How much did the DRLs cost you? I would advice you not to cut/splice too many wires in order to make your little Alto glow up like a Lohari bonfire.

You can stick a small circular convex mirror on your ORVM. It costs Rs. 50 and certainly improves the field of vision.

Thread Starter #18
thanks Sam!
usb sound quality is very good cos it plays through HU's sound. will post some pics tomorrow.
i am planning to put Remote Central Locking in my car next month.

Thread Starter #19
[surprise] guys here is a problem.
car coolant leakage ,very slowly. it is from the bottom of the radiator, looks like a bolt but don't know what is it. guys please help if i can fix it myself or need to go to mechanic?

DSC_ur.jpg

DSC_v.jpg

Last edited:
Its certainly dripping from somewhere above that bolt. Should be an easy fix. Follow the cooling system hoses starting from the coolant reservoir outlet and see if you can trace the source of leakage. Must be either a cracked hose or loose clip/fastener.

Thread Starter #21
hi sam! thanks for your quick reply. i have checked and found that the leakage source is around that bolt type thing. it is sealed with something like M-Seal material. can i use M-seal to fix it.? DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_02.jpg

DSC_05.jpg

Are you sure of the source of the leak? In your previous post, the area above the bolt seems damp which is an indication that the leak is emanating from somewhere above the bolt. Check it first before you use M seal.

Thread Starter #24
hi guys.
i m very confused regarding remote central locking system. checked with 2-3 shops they all have different brands dealerships. here is the result of my search..
1. Autocop xs 6000 for Rs. 3500 (including labour) 3 years warrenty
2. Minda for Rs. 2600 1 year w.
3. RD for Rs. 3000 3 years w.

btw some more pics. DSC_jaguar.jpg

IMG_20130827_074801.jpg

IMG_20130827_074902.jpg

IMG_20130827_074830.jpg

IMG_20130827_074932.jpg

Dear Lucky,

1. Go for Autocop with your eyes closed.

2. Where did you get that Jag keychain? How much does it cost?

3. At first I wondered how could a set of 4 wheel caps cost only Rs. 78 and then I saw the next picture. So they are hub caps and not wheel caps.

4. :offtopic:: You have a good lifeline. You will lead a long and healthy life[cheers]. Te fir chak do fattey!

Thread Starter #26
hi Sam! thanks for blessings, hope i will live long.[;)]
The cost of Autocop xs 6000 is rs. 3500 incl. fitting.
is this good deal or overpriced?

Jaguar keychain Rs. 90 from online store tradus.com
tyre pressure gauge for Rs. 110.
I want a wooden gear knob, asked at spare parts shop and the person told me not to replace the OEM with aftermarket, gears will become harder as lever hight will increase. Is it true?

Last edited:
hi Sam! thanks for blessings, hope i will live long.[;)]
The cost of Autocop xs 6000 is rs. 3500 incl. fitting.
is this good deal or overpriced?

I want a wooden gear knob, asked at spare parts shop and the person told me not to replace the OEM with aftermarket, gears will become harder as lever hight will increase. Is it true?
1. Good deal. Go for it. Tell the dealer you won't pay a single paisa for installation.

2. Rubbish. Go for the gear knob. Its just a small knob and not the Qutub Minar.

Thread Starter #28
thanks Sam.
i will definitely go for that geat knob.
Remote central locking, i will get that install in next month. i m very excited for that.

And one more good news is that i have fixed that coolant leakage with M seal.[clap]

Last edited:

Top Bottom