My License Impounded By Delhi Traffic Police For 3 Months

Et Tu, Vipul?

This is getting serious now.
Impounding licence for just signals, Minor issues is Cruel.

India is becoming hell for Car Enthus. And Delhi is the Satan's den.
I don't see how this is cruel but jumping red lights, not following proper lane procedures, drunken driving for sure is cruel.

I say Delhi is becoming a heaven for car enthusiasts but a hell for someone offending road rules.

@ TSI its illegal to posses more than one document like election card or aadhar if you have changed address you need to approach the authorities with the already issued card and go for change of address. it is a crimimal offence to own multiple id's and one can end up in jail for 6 months or a year if found. so my suggestion would be apply for address change on the old one. that ways you are abiding the law rest its india anything can happen. people have 2-3 passports forget voting card and aadhars and pan nos.

Impounding license for driving 7-8 kmph over the limit is just cruel. Do we have any proper guide on speed limits across delhi ? 80% of delhi would be challened for going over 50 imo.

Yes the ticket says that the ticket is valid for 90 days, and can be used thereafter only if it is revalidated.
The policeman also said the same thing, that the ticket shall work as a drivers licence.
Anyone has any other opinion?
I am not going to be in Delhi for getting the licence after 90 days as I am going out to Bangalore for 5 months. So that I am able to drive in Bangalore, I am going to go to the Police station and find out what is the alternative. Will they extend the Ticket validated or return the DL. I shall post it thereafter.

My license has been seized by Gurgaon police but got only Challan copy. Not sure if I can drive with this Challan.
The date on challan is written for 3 months after. Although its not written anywhere that license is suspended and I have not received any separate ticket regarding the same.
Has anyone an idea whether I can drive with challan copy or not? And can I pay challan before 3 months or its to be compounded after 3 months only?

My license has been seized by Gurgaon police but got only Challan copy. Not sure if I can drive with this Challan.
The date on challan is written for 3 months after. Although its not written anywhere that license is suspended and I have not received any separate ticket regarding the same.
Has anyone an idea whether I can drive with challan copy or not? And can I pay challan before 3 months or its to be compounded after 3 months only?
For what reason they caught you?
Usually such challan slips contain all the information like your vehicle reg. number, pollution certificate no. and insurance no. Read the slip carefully and chances are that there might be some information about the Court room No., Name of the judge you are going to face and name of Documents police took from you which is only DL in your case.
After 3 months, on the given date, you have to present your self in given court to judge. They will give you some punishment and fine and you have to reply if you are accepting your crime and ready to pay the fine or punishment OR you are not guilty and wants to contest the case. No need to heir any any lawyer. It will be better if you explain your challan details so that we can explain you some situations.
IF it is a court challan then you can drive the vehicle and if asked, you can show them the challan ticket or its copy as you have not accepted you crime.

My licence n rc got impounded today in gurgaon and the traffic police told me to collect it after 3 months from megistrate court rajiv chowk and handed me over a ticket....so one question...can i still drive carrying that challan ticket with me ??

My licence n rc got impounded today in gurgaon and the traffic police told me to collect it after 3 months from megistrate court rajiv chowk and handed me over a ticket....so one question...can i still drive carrying that challan ticket with me ??
Did you get it back? My license got impounded yesterday in Gurgaon. I need my license urgently as I am travelling outside the country in 15 days and I planned to drive there. Any way is it possible to get the license before the 90 day period?

Top Bottom