My License Impounded By Delhi Traffic Police For 3 Months

^^F_d, attached the same Over 50,000 Driving Licences Suspended In Delhi

My main issue, the misplacement of these many impounded DL's, where the hell DP/Govt is going to store these. And who is responsible if the are lost/misplaced after 3 months.
Yeah, that is one of the major issue. I guess people better follow rules, else Govt will misplace or lose their DLs!! This is much worse than fines, because who will bear the pain of getting DL once again? [lol]

^^@FD:
Why don't you visit Delhi these days? I will give you a V6 petrol on an empty road with speed limit and 2 signals which are literally hidden or impossible not to jump for any newcomer.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Et Tu, Vipul?

This is getting serious now.
Impounding licence for just signals, Minor issues is Cruel.

India is becoming hell for Car Enthus. And Delhi is the Satan's den.

Indeed it is cruel and.... me too BHVM :biggrin:

But yes, it seems like it depends more on how much cops are frustrated, when inngood mood, they let you leave after some talks but this time the guy seemed frustrated over something.

This should stop me from driving for next 3 months and that's when my old DL comes for my rescue [evil]

Legally a person should not drive with a forged license but if the person holds an another license that is fully legal, has a different license number but is issued on an another address of him then? (We have shifted to a new address an year back and now I have 2 voter ids, Aadhars, DL etc of both my addresses) Experts, please do clarify this one as I have two of them.

The DL impounded is brand new and I got it after going through entire process with a friend, so does that make my older one illegal?

Last edited:
Indeed it is cruel and.... me too BHVM :biggrin:

But yes, it seems like it depends more on how much cops are frustrated, when inngood mood, they let you leave after some talks but this time the guy seemed frustrated over something.

This should stop me from driving for next 3 months and that's when my old DL comes for my rescue [evil]

Legally a person should not drive with a forged license but if the person holds an another license that is fully legal, has a different license number but is issued on an another address of him then? (We have shifted to a new address an year back and now I have 2 voter ids, Aadhars, DL etc of both my addresses) Experts, please do clarify this one as I have two of them.

The DL impounded is brand new and I got it after going through entire process with a friend, so does that make my older one illegal?
If a newer one is issued then older one is deemed unusable i believe. same like ID cars of any type. if new one is issued then old one gets cancelled. rest is up to you. If there is a law enforced, one should try to follow it rather than finding loopholes and bypass it.

Guys,
Technically you should not drive if the DL is impounded and it's an offence. As per cops if a person is caught again for any offence whose DL is already impounded then that person can land in the jail for 15 days and the license will be further impounded for 1 year. My DL was impounded in January and very next week i had to go to Jaisalmer so i took one of my friend along with me who could drive.

1. If you have already paid the fine then at the time of collection of DL after 3 months you need not to pay anything.
2. You need to carry a photo copy of one of your ID card otherwise you will not get your DL.
3. License should be collected at the police station of the area where it was impounded.
4. Question of driving the car in this scenario depends on person to person, but if you really need to drive without DL then do NOT break any traffic law.

Top Bottom