My Kid (Verna CRDi) Got Serviced at 41,582 Kms

Thread Starter #1
Hello to all TAI members!!

Sorry for late Review of my KID (Verna crdi). First I thank to all members who’s are present in this forum who’s review help me lot to purchase this car.

Now I am proud to say Verna is sufficient in for me in city and Highway. I watched closely car market for one month also drive

1.fiat Linea – Good car to drive, Fuel efficient, less cabin space(compared to verna I think)
But lot of rattles in test drive car that run only 3000 km so it is out

Ford fiesta – Brilliant car to drive we can took a corner without a doubt. Good ride,
Comfort, fuel efficiency. But only one dealer in Trivandrum also it is owned by family member he lot of problem in that car so ruled out. Also resale value
Most loved car’s

Chervrolet Optra Magnum – What a car to drive no drawbacks but it is very pain to maintain

Hyundai getz CRDI – I loved to drive this car. If this car rolled out before swift it will become a huge success becoz its suspension, Handling, performance, fuel efficiency aero dynamic design. But it stopped after one month when it affects Verna crdi, Santro sales.

Mahindra Xylo – My brother and I liked this vehicle too much (large family so it is ok vehicle). There is also a story to ruled out. I took my mom and my sister to see this vehicle

To dealer when my mom saw that vehicle. He liked the design but it size make a fear in my mom mind so I avoid it
My KID (Verna crdi) – when I took a test drive. My heart was in my mouth becoz awesome pickup and speed within no time we can saw all vehicle that is seen in mirror become too small. Ton of space(our first car was alto).

Buying Experience

My brother booked this car on Hilton, Trivandrum. I am eagerly waiting for the date of delivery. In the mean time we processed bank loan and raised a cheque for Hilton. I enquired before the delivery for PDI Bocoz my brother coming from abroad so I have to pick him in new car but I am shocked to hear the replay from them. They are saying that they cannot deliver the car in promised date so I have to wait 2 week. I controlled my temper and I discussed with my brother he said to me cancelled the booking and block the cheque

One thing I noticed from sales manager is that they have no interest to take a car from their dealer. Also my father told me that we will book Swift but I am in not good mood to take swift (my father have close frd in Hercules Automobiles so we will get vehicle in 2 days).So I went to Popular motors meet with sreejith one of my frds frd he is working as sale person. So he promised me to deliver the vehicle in 2 or 3 days .My chosen color was black that is not available in their yard. After one day he contacted me in my house along with my brother and said that one car is present in Ekm. Then they drove the car to Trivandrum and I PDI the car and booked on that day and we got delivery on 3 rd June 2009. Till the date it is running very smooth with blessings of Almighty. Maintain black color and Beige interior is pain. Also scratches on front and back bumper. Now odo showing 41582. Today I serviced vehicle

41000 SERVICE DETAILS
Total cost - 5228
Oil used Mobil Delvac MX
Wind screen wash – RS26
Filter Cartridge – Rs 1330
Filter Air Cleaner – Rs 335
Oil filterand gasket – Rs 327+32
Grease caliper guide – Rs 88
Labor and service
Waxing – Rs 1000
Periodic maintenance service – Rs 775
Brake overhaul – Rs 390+390

Exceptional Job – Today my car is taken for washing. I except only average but I was wrong. They did a very Good job in washing and cleaning now words to say I will upload the engine bay photos then you will definitely understand

When this work doing I am always with the car so I can see what there are doing also doubts can be cleared. I usually prefer Sundays but last Sunday was x’mas so I prefer this day. I usually wash and vacuum the car in Sundays. Twice in a week I clean the interiors and leather seats so dust cannot be accumulated, Polish Dash Board, Cleaning engine bay and air filter using blower of vacuum. So it is clean and tidy but underbody Washing is difficult for me so I do it in service. One sad part I am living from Kerala for finding a good job so I will miss my kid I hope while I return it is in good condition. I did not give my kid for chauffeur driving. There is only two cars know my driving style one is my little alto and my kid. I drive the car below 2000 Rpm in city, use engine breaking, gear transfer using predict traffic so avoid late and less breaking
Driving and performance

Who said it is very dangerous to drive around 140.I droved couple of time I felt stable on that speed now a days I tried to keep the speedometer in between 70 - 105 becoz it is the safe speed.

Cornering - I usually drive to my native place to madathara via palod. There is lot of curves on that way my KID always took that corner effectively. Driving this car is a pleasure. We can overtake 2 vehicles at a time (some time I do it in highway). While in city I use 3rd gear most time so does not require freq gearshift on traffic. If you want to climb a hill put it 1 gear then it slowly climbs so no fuel wastage and no engine stress. If I am wrong please correct me. Driving in city using torque is fun.

LONG DISTANCE
Went to Wynad once it also climbs Phantom rock pathway without scratching underbelly

I got FE in city 14-15 with ac on 85% In highway I got above 24 with ac 100% .

This is my first review in this thread.

Accessories

I got full option with all disc brakes and no additional fittings till the date

Pros:
Good Fuel Efficiency, Better drivability in both city and highway, Comfort.AC is chill (why should we want rear vent).

Cons:
Little Bounciness in back becoz of smooth suspension, Wide external mirror( ear of car according to my sister son),

[:D]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
This is a superb diesel sedan. You have maintained it very well and it shows. I once had a short stint and was left quite impressed. Please upload a few more images soon including that of interiors.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent writeup buddy. Must say you have maintained your blackbeauty really well, the engine bay says it all. I have been a fan of Verna CRDi, ever since its launch, not for its looks, but its powerful turbo kick.

Thread Starter #5
This is a superb diesel sedan. You have maintained it very well and it shows. I once had a short stint and was left quite impressed. Please upload a few more images soon including that of interiors.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks
Can you hide my number plate i forgot to do so. Also i have another picture how to add those pictures to this thread
[confused]

I am adding Few more Pictures[:)] .Hope you like
Pls hide my car Number

Highly appreciate your ride.
Verna CRDi is most powerful car in Indian market. but most underrated .
It looks like you have paid special attention on its maintenance.

Wish you happy motoring.[drive]

Top Bottom