My Introduction

Thread Starter #1
First of all I would like to thank all for giving an opportunity to join this wonderful club.[:)]

I am chathuranga , Architect from Colombo Sri Lanka , Im Having a Wagon R and a Tata Indica V2 (recently purchased and already done 97K) at my disposal .[glasses]
I do not have any plans to upgrade the vehicle at least for another 3 years.

Re: Introduction

Welcome to The Automotive India Charthuranga and wish you a pleasant stay.
Looking rorward to hear more about the rides you have, their servicing and maintainence you take.
Share some pictures of your ride.
Recently purchased V2 and already 97K on the odo, thats some running you had on your wheels.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Introduction

welcome man!
we are eager to hear your speedy wheels as you're done very high running in short time. do post travelogue and reviews mate.

Thread Starter #4
i will upload the photos of my indica soon, thanks for your comments guys, the car is still strong , i believe that ,unlike in your country , in Sri Lanka it is a habit of any motorist to change Lubricants around every 5000KM (rather recommendation by the dealers ). so vehicles here lasts anyway longer.[:D] and same is true to my car also .

i rather prefer the Indica rather than the Wagon R since the driving experience specially , pickup , power , cab space - comfort-ability and the feel of safety at higher speeds (especially above 80Km /hour) is far more grater .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
finally i had some time to get some good visuals of my car , after some polishing work .

Attachments

Welcome to TAI. Your 90K mileage car is shining like brand new [clap]!. It displays your passion and care for your cars. Please share the interior pics of Indica and pics of Wagon R and their details in your ownership reviews. We are curious to know how different these cars are from their Indian counterparts.

I am curious to know why you have a white board, (number plate), at the front and a yellow board at the back?
Similar white-yellow scheme is there in Singapore, along with white letters in black plate scheme for private vehicles. But I don't know what's the criteria to select between the two types of number plates(Province, year of Regn, Vehicle type). I think it may be the same system in Sri Lanka. Lets wait for Mr.Viraj to comment [roll].

Thread Starter #8
Some time ago in Sri Lanka Vehicle licence plates normally have white letters and figures on black background and vise versa for both front and rear of a vehicle. However, since 2000 licence plate is made of reflex reflecting material, so the front licence plate will consist of black letters and figures on a white background, and the rear licence plate will consist of black letters and figures on a yellow background.

Top Bottom