My Introduction

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is day one for me in this forum. Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself quickly since we have to go a long way together.

* Name - Parag Pathak
* City - Pune
* Occupation - IT
* Car I own - Volkswagen Vento (Highline) 1.6 Petrol MT
* Previously owned car - Maruti Alto
* Bikes I own (though I don't ride often) - Pulsar 150 (DTSI), Hero Pleasure

I bought Volkswagen Vento recently. When I started looking for cars, I started reading forums. This is how I got across 'The Automotive India'. I gathered lot of information after reading you guys and hence thought of joining the hands together with you for making my further ride exciting. Feel free to get in touch for any queries. [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Parag. Glad the forum was helpful to make the right decision. Do tell us more about the Vento. Have a fantastic time here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Thank you all. We would definitely have a good time together.

Welcome to TAI buddy. Looks like you bought the new optional pack. Congrats buddy.
Yes. It is a Volkswagen 'New Vento' they call it as. It has couple of additional features -

- Steering Mounted Controls
- Company fitted leather upholstery
- Reverse parking sensors with graphic display

I will soon post Ownership Review.

Hello Parag Pathak,

Welcome to The Automotive India & congrats for your New Vento[clap]

Waiting for the Ownership review.

have a pleasant stay here:)

Hello Parag, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia,

Congrats for your new Vento, looks nice in that Avatar Pic,so how about sharing an ownership review of the same? It will be nice.

Glad that the forum has helped you a lot.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance.[:)]

Hello Parag, welcome to TAI..

Congratulations for your new VW. Looking forward for an owners review of your mean machine [:D]

Hi Parag,

Welcome to The Automotive India. How has been your experience with the German fellow (oops Vento!)? Do post an ownership review with some pictures in a separate thread. Incase you require any assistance, feel free to contact us.

Cheers.

Hey Parag, A warm welcome on behalf of all TAIians.

I have one small question, why Petrol VW when every one goes for Diesel one.
Simple, His daily running average would be less than 1000 kms or so.
But then there are people who seldom buys a petrol cars because they don't like the diesel clatter.

Thread Starter #14
Hey Parag, A warm welcome on behalf of all TAIians.

I have one small question, why Petrol VW when every one goes for Diesel one.
Thanks Sethumurugan!

Vishwas said it right. I considered couple of things before zeroing down on petrol variant -

- My monthly run is around 800 Kms ONLY. Hence more recovery time for initial investment cost. I've also opted for bank finance. Hence a lac more would have attracted additional interest adding to investment cost.
- Higher maintenance cost for diesel variants as compared to petrol (however, not sure how much it impacts).
- High noise reported for diesel variants

Though I know that I am missing the fun of excellent diesel engine. I am relieved when I see a Vento Petrol passing by [:)] It gives me comfort that I am not the only one [:D]

Thanks Sethumurugan!

Vishwas said it right. I considered couple of things before zeroing down on petrol variant -

- My monthly run is around 800 Kms ONLY. Hence more recovery time for initial investment cost. I've also opted for bank finance. Hence a lac more would have attracted additional interest adding to investment cost.
- Higher maintenance cost for diesel variants as compared to petrol (however, not sure how much it impacts).
- High noise reported for diesel variants

Though I know that I am missing the fun of excellent diesel engine. I am relieved when I see a Vento Petrol passing by [:)] It gives me comfort that I am not the only one [:D]
Nice Explanation. Even I went for petrol but mainly for the finance issue. I was supposed to pay a lot as down payment. But instead mere petrol I have selected with LPG option. I have Spark LS LPG.

Top Bottom