My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Magna - Pincers

Thread Starter #16
BS4 vehicles won't be banned , but what i suspect is poor life with BS4 vehicles once BSVI fuels starts pumping in (Change in fuel quality , definitely will have atleast one side effect)
I doubt that …. engine life would decrease with low quality fuel . But with high quality fuel ? correct me if I'm wrong .

Am also not sure sir , but its a gut feel , thinking from technological perspective , say we use 5W30 oil in a 0W20 vehicle , the ride automatically behaves harsh (If engine flushing is done , then its not an issue ) , but when we use fuel , there is no flushing phenomenon na . We have heard numerous issues in earlier days when premium diesels were used in normal engines , and caused issues like premature pump failure . So I thought like that I know BSVI is a cleaner fuel , but as already our engines are mated to quite lower quality ones , so a change all of a sudden , may have atleast some side effects .

Thread Starter #18
Am also not sure sir , but its a gut feel , thinking from technological perspective , say we use 5W30 oil in a 0W20 vehicle , the ride automatically behaves harsh (If engine flushing is done , then its not an issue ) , but when we use fuel , there is no flushing phenomenon na . We have heard numerous issues in earlier days when premium diesels were used in normal engines , and caused issues like premature pump failure . So I thought like that I know BSVI is a cleaner fuel , but as already our engines are mated to quite lower quality ones , so a change all of a sudden , may have atleast some side effects .
Yes I remember reading something similar on our Linea's manual about not using any premium fuel. Guess time will tell

Congratulations Akmalazim! Your Nios looks great indeed.

I too have booked a Sportz AMT last week and waiting for delivery mid of Feb. This will be for my wife. The colour I booked is same as yours, Aqua Teal. I will come up with a ownership review soon.

Thread Starter #20
Congratulations Akmalazim! Your Nios looks great indeed.

I too have booked a Sportz AMT last week and waiting for delivery mid of Feb. This will be for my wife. The colour I booked is same as yours, Aqua Teal. I will come up with a ownership review soon.
Many thanks Kenkits :) . Wonderful happy to see another Nios owner here on this forum. Please let us know the offers you got , freebies and accessories you had opted from the dealer.

Many thanks Kenkits :) . Wonderful happy to see another Nios owner here on this forum. Please let us know the offers you got , freebies and accessories you had opted from the dealer.

Thanks buddy!. Absolutely no offers in 2020 model. I tried hard with multiple dealers but there seems to be resistance in giving discounts. Anyway I will provide more details on this once I get delivery of the car.

Thread Starter #22

Thanks buddy!. Absolutely no offers in 2020 model. I tried hard with multiple dealers but there seems to be resistance in giving discounts. Anyway I will provide more details on this once I get delivery of the car.
That's bad anyways waiting for your thread :)

Pincers crossed the 1000 kms mark yesterday

sdd.jpeg

sdfsd.jpeg

Added keyfob cover to prevent damages incase I become butterfingers :P

sad.jpeg

Plus added a jopasu duster along with rejenuvator to my inventory. Had the old LED's and Osram Night breaker unlimited from Nano lying around , decided to plonk in the LED's to see if they offer any improvement over the stock HL. Nios comes with H19 bulbs for the main headlamp . Googled around and found that H19 are an improved version of H4. Hence deceided to open the HL and remove the bulbs are check if the old H4's can be fitted in Nios. Turned out that H4 and H19 had the same socket design .

Wanted to swap the factory fitted halogens with the Night breaker unlimited, but turned out that the chuck in one of the NBU's came off. Fearing concerns about alignment issues, i deceided to try out the LEDs.
No Name LED's and Osram NBU

sdsdsd.jpeg

The broken NBU

asdsd.jpeg

Halogen low beam

HL low beam.jpeg

LED low

low.jpeg

LED High beam

high.jpeg

hl high beam.jpeg

Both the lights together. Will have to wait till night to see if they are really worth the change. The HL assembly easily accommodated the LED and had no issues to close the HL cap . This was not the case in Nano.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-02 at 3.08.14 PM.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
oh nice. I love white throw of LEDs.

Even I am thinking upgrading to LEDs for both fog and mains. Only thing I am doubtful is that both are projectors. I will check if those can also be fitted with LEDs.

Thread Starter #24
oh nice. I love white throw of LEDs.

Even I am thinking upgrading to LEDs for both fog and mains. Only thing I am doubtful is that both are projectors. I will check if those can also be fitted with LEDs.
Why not a pair of good HIDs ? Below is the image of low beam .
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-03 at 11.13.14 PM.jpeg

And this is the high beam.
high.jpeg

An year back when I purchased these leds I wasn't aware of the different types. I had only selected on the basis of color temperature. It seems that these leds are based on COB tech and are best suited for fog lamp purpose. after some digging around i found out that csp type leds are the best at mimicking our good old halogen bulbs.
cross posting from another thread about led discussions .

Thread Starter #25
After a lot of thinking,I finally placed order for Infitary leds . HLXG LEDs were a strong contender. But owing to the extra led driver that is separate from the bulb and the negative feedback about the reliability of this brand on other forums made me avoid it. Nios comes with good quality plastic dust caps. Definitely not drilling any holes on these at least for now.
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-06 at 11.06.31 AM.jpeg

Other option was to keep the led driver inside the HL assembly. Two issues with it.
  • Not sure if the big led driver can be inserted inside the HL assembly.
  • Even if I manage to insert it , I could not find any provision to tie it anywhere. Can't have it rattling around the HL assembly.
  • The old leds which measured 33mm from the chuck almost fit exactly in the HL assembly. So the dimensions of the heat sink of the new led has to be either the same as the old one or lesser than that.
    342.jpeg

• Notice that the base of the heat sink is flushed with edge of the HL brim.
    3423.jpeg
  • The cavity in the dust cap could allow 3-4mm extra , but wasn't keen on an experiment.
  • 12.jpeg
  • The White light compliments the drl [clap]
  • Inkeddsf_LI.jpg

Thread Starter #26
Right from day 1 , the rear view cam purchased from the dealer has been on my nerve.
  • Due to its bad video quality
  • Due to the glaring issue at night when vehicles come behind
  • The auto dimming feature is not as efficient as it would be in a regular OEM mirror.
  • The amount of reflections it captures during day time makes it impossible to see the footage from the cam.
During once of the feedback calls from the dealership, I had highlighted the same to them. Later when I went to the dealership to receive my RC , they made the accessories in charge to examine it. Since my complaints could not be replicated at that time he asked me to share the image when ever I face them.
A day later when I was taking reverse under hot sun ,faced the same issue . In the below image, the footage is barely visible. Infact the footage is visible only when you observe the top portion of the mirror , The bumper of the swift behind my car is barely visible. Shared the same to my Sales advisor MR. Prem.
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 3.41.33 PM.jpeg

He called me the next day and asked me to get it replaced when ever I get time. Last Saturday I happened to drop by at their yard and to my surprise they were actually trying to find out if there was any issues with the cam instead of replacing it. Then I highlighted the reflection problem and they started suggesting me to get tints and change the OE music system. Discarding their suggestion I told them to get a cam mounted on the dash. something like the one below
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-08 at 1.34.30 PM.jpeg

They told me that they had to check internally and also with vendor and revert back. While i was there at their yard I saw a santro owner ( probably first time car buyer ) come back to them with a host of complaints about the accessories added at the dealer. He had issues with after market trumpet type horn, issue with the reverse parking sensor fitted there and he defienetly didn't notice the cheap drl /indicator integrated fog lamp flickering when the horn was used [lol][lol]. Guess the accessories fitted at the dealership are all of pathetic quality. As for my case i'm yet to get any calls from them.

Done my car’s PDI today. Should get the car by next week after registration. Unfortunately, I broke my left arm in a freak bike accident last week. So no more driving for next 6 weeks .

My car’s walkaround video during PDI. Looks dirty as its not cleaned.

Thread Starter #28
Done my car’s PDI today. Should get the car by next week after registration. Unfortunately, I broke my left arm in a freak bike accident last week. So no more driving for next 6 weeks .

My car’s walkaround video during PDI. Looks dirty as its not cleaned.

Hope you are hale and healthy and it would definitely hurt to not drive your new car immediately . Your Nios looks great with those projector lamps [cheers] . Did you inform them before going for PDI ? mine was washed before PDI .

Hearty Congrats Akmal. Surprised and shocked to learn about your trade off of your lovely Nano for Nios. Finally, it is life. Wish you Happy and Safe Million Miles on NIOS. Will try to catch you sometime in Chennai.

Regards
Kumar

I wanted a wife this time and not another girlfriend (Nano).
[cry]

How much did you pay for those blind spot mirrors? I would love to have a pair of them in my Santro. I would get it to Mogappair one day as per your convenient timings, and also would get a chance to woogle at your NIOS [lol][cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom