My Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Magna - Pincers

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

I have tried to briefly summarize the events that led me to buy a new car, the options considered and why they were rejected.

Dec 2018

The Need for a new car was never on the table with me running around the country in search of a new job and with two cars (Nano and Linea) in my native to take care of town run about and once in a blue moon highway trips.

Fast forward to June 2019

I Managed to get a job back in Chennai and after few weeks of settling down in the new accommodation, I decided to get back Nano to her own turf and it was for this very reason of me having a very thin probability of finding job again back in Chennai I had written of the idea of selling Nano when I had shifted out.

Oct 2019

Nano’s age had started to catch up with it. Despite having had changed most of the major stuff before bringing her to Chennai, I still had to change the front Shocks and stuff after bringing her back. But my woes wouldn’t just stop there. Engine was reliable , clutch was new (2000kms old clutch; still hard though) , Rear shocks changed 2 years before I had shifted and car covering less than 1000 kms an year ; almost all the major stuff sorted out.. There started troubles from the miscellaneous stuff.

The Right rear door wouldn’t just unlock by the remote while all the other doors did. But this was an issue that’s been there for years and it was a rare case for me to have co passengers; I didn’t bother changing the lock.
One fine evening it was raining like cats and dogs. I Managed to come to the car bone dry and found a huge SUV parked next to her and very close to the driver side door. Me being very slim decided to squeeze in. But the gap didn’t let me.. I was half drenched by the time I figured that out. Then tried to open the left front door and to my horror it wouldn’t just unlock. Pressing the unlock button on the remote just made the lock flinch a bit. Then I tried to open the rear left door and it was stuck too.

With no way to get in, I opened the driver side door and opened the lock by sliding in my hand and then opened the rear right door and jumped inside the driver seat. By the time this adventure was over I was drenched totally. That’s when I deceived that she’s visiting the TASS the very next day. But as luck could have it , work made me forget it and then she had to remind me about it again when the spring inside the key barrel broke off. Now the visit was a priority. Dropped her off at Concord, Ambattur the very next day as it was a walkable distance from my work place.

As expected they didn’t have stock and the key barrel set had to be changed. Good that they didn’t retain the car till the spare arrived and asked me to come back by weekend after taking advance for the spare. The locks all 3 of them had to be changed and each costing 1800 INR made me rethink of the same. SO finally settled with just the key barrel costing to 3000 INR along with labour charges.
How can a visit to TASS go without any issues? Post the key replacement, started a rattling sound whenever I shut the driver side door.

Two days later, rains gave a new headache. My driver side carpet was wet and there was a pool of water beneath the driver seat surrounding the battery. TASS visit was imminent as it was getting flooded again after rains.
Left the car at Concord, told them to fix the rattle, find the source of leak and arrest it and clean the flooded car. SA calls me to inform the work is done and everything is completed. I reach the TASS to find the SA missing and the receptionist assigning another SA to deliver my car.

The source of rattle was fixed (which was their screw up before) and source of leak was identified and a new bush needed to be fixed which again was not in stock. The cost of bush was peanuts in front of the labour charges they quoted. Finally when I received my car the water puddle was still there. They seldom bothered to clean it. After asking the new SA to clean it the car was taken in again. The Genius at TASS decided to blow all the water away and blew it all over the car’s interiors. Fed up with them I quietly took her away. Guess even after years they will still remain the same bunch of brainless …………

NEW CAR STORY

The same night narrated the incident to dad over phone and the next day he asks me to stop investing on her and invest on a new car. I was reluctant to go for a new car as there was no need for it. But still the pain of dealing with repairs on a weekly basis made me rethink. Laid out the criteria for the new car as follows.
  • Budget: 3.5 to 4 lakhs OTR
  • Segment: Entry level hatch.
  • Must have: Air con, PS, ABS, EBD, AIRBAG.
Other creature comforts didn’t matter much at that price point. The contenders were:
  • Alto 800
  • Kwid (pre face lift and facelift)
  • S-presso.
  • Redigo (had no interest but still checked it out)
So one Sunday dropped in at Renault’s showroom at Ambattur. KUN Renault. Hardly any crowd. There was just one rep and a guard. Checked out the old kwid as the new one was not launched then. Took a TD, quotation and then the sales lead shows up throws some nice discounts and accessories if I book with in a week. My budget was allowing me only the RXL variant which had whatever I needed. But the 800cc motor was big let off.

What I liked in the kwid
  • Looks
  • Driving position
  • Boot space.
  • Ride Quality.
What I didn’t like.
  • The engine
  • Rear seat space
  • The inability to lift wipers normally as in any car without hitting the bonnet.
Asking for quality fit and finish, driving feel and some nice thick Sheet metal at this price point seemed too much and hence were off my list. Promised to get back to the SA after discussing with dad I dropped right into Maruti arena. It was sparsely crowded and a sales advisor attended me promptly. There was no alto in display and he took me down to their parking lot to show me the car. No TD was given as it was Sunday (Renault gave me one though), no offers except for the exchange bonus. With the quotation at hand I requested for a TD at my place the next day (which has not happened till now at the point of writing this) left the showroom.

What I liked in the Alto 800
  • Engine for its refinement (allowed me to start her up though)
  • MASS network
What I didn’t like.
  • The Looks
  • Seating comfort (It was cramped as hell)
  • Expensive than kwid.
Decided to check out Redigo as the Nissan dealer ship was nearby. Was greeted by a huge lock hanging on the door. Post all of this discussed everything with dad and felt kwid to be a better choice, but still wanted to wait for the facelift and the S-presso. Few days later S-presso gets launched and the price seemed attractive. Called the SA for the OTR rates and broacher and promptly sends via WhatsApp. Though the design was an EYE SORE still the brilliant engine which was BS6 compliant made me think of stretching a bit to accommodate her. But still wanted to wait for the Kwid facelift to launch. It proved out to be a good decision. Boy it was stunning. If I were to pick a car based on design then It would have been KWID hands down. Got the brochure and the price from the rep and headed to the showroom the following weekend as the car was on display.

Thread Starter #2
What I liked in the new kwid
  • The looks
  • Driving position
  • Boot space.
  • Ride Quality.
  • The fit and finish of plastics
What I didn’t like.
  • The rear was way too cramped, Felt claustrophobic in the rear when compared to the spacious interiors my Nano offered.
  • The inability to lift wipers normally as in any car without hitting the bonnet.
  • Was not offered a TD that day and the rep asked me to come 2 days later as the TD car would be registered in the meantime.
Dropped right into Maruti’s showroom to check out the S- BOXO (S-Presso). Wonder what had Maruti’s designer smoked while coming up with this. With me having a keen eye to imperfections in design, I just couldn’t convince myself to keep looking at it. A Lot can rant about in terms of its design. The wheel wells as well as the rear wheel arch execution were an eyesore that I still can’t forget. (No offence to S presso owners, this car has its own strength. Having enough of the outside I stepped in and boy oh boy!!! I was blowout by the sheer practicality it offered.

What I liked in the S-Presso
  • The cabin
  • Space (could easily fit 3 in the rear)
  • Tall boy design means ease of exit and entry for elderly.
  • Quality of plastic was acceptable
What I didn’t like
  • The Looks
  • Centre mounted speedo console
  • No provision for fogs
  • No Proper DRL (The accessory is expensive and operates more like a park lamp.)
Again Sunday means no TD at MS. The Rep assured me of offering a TD the next day at my work place which didn’t happen till now. Now came the task of providing me with a resale value for my car. The Gentleman evaluating my car was kind enough to do it in my absence and broke off one of the aircon vents. Later when I took the car I noticed the same and brought it to his notice. The gentle man promises on his head that he didn’t touch it and it was good as new when I locked and left. With no energy to argue I left the place after leaving a review on google highlighting the incident. MS offered me the highest resale value in the lot.

The Next day I check out Redigo with a colleague of mine. There was nothing home to write about it, discounts were very less compared to Kwid. The steering felt really vague and to sum up it actually felt more like a downgrade to me over the Nano. And the resale value they quoted for Nano made me say a BIG NONO to Redigo. I was in no hurry to buy the car and it would be in December even if I did. 2 days later I dropped it at the Renault showroom with 2 colleagues of mine for the TD. The Rep who interacted with me was on leave and there was hardly anyone to bother about us. We waited for about 10 mins patiently and then went to check out the Triber. It took 10 more minutes for them to make out that we were there to enquire about car and not to use their washroom and leave. Following which a short TD was offered in the 800cc variant.
  • The engine felt city friendly
  • Ride quality was the main USP of the old KWID and Renault retained in this too.
  • The front seats were comfortable with adequate under thigh support.
What I didn’t like
  • No BS6 engine.
  • Refinement levels of engine are something that Renault should pay heed to.
  • The rear was cramped like the previous one. Not meant for 6 footers.
Expecting the TD to leave a grin on my face, I was disappointed. Driving the Nano after TD made me think again about selling her. The Kwid was in no way as comfortable as Nano nor its engine when it came to refinement.

Back when the idea of a new car was floated around, Santro was my dad’s initial choice. But it being expensive than the lot made me drop it after check the prices online. Since then I was getting frequent calls from PSM Hyundai, Mylapore. My friend had a pretty bad experience with them an year back and it immediately made me avoid them. But they just couldn’t listen. So to finally shut them up I told that if you are able to offer Santro at the rate of 4 lakhs OTR, please call me or else don’t.

An hour later an executive calls up and says that he can offer me the base variant santro at 4 lakhs OTR with goodies like music system , 4 speakers, under chassis coating , seat covers and stuff.
Santro was not in my books; one due to its price and another due to its design. God knows why Hyundai’s screwing up Santro’s legacy. But the aspect of getting a Hyundai at 4 lakhs with all the needed bells and whistles excited me. PSM Hyundai was far from my workplace. And With FPL Hyundai at a stone’s throw away from my place, called them up immediately. The receptionist took my number and details and within 5 mins the SA Mr.Prem calls up and in 30 mins turns up at my workplace. Took the TD with a colleague.

What I loved in the Santro
  • The Engine (felt great to drive a 4 potter instead of the 3 pots)
  • The refinements were at an all-time high one couldn’t tell if the car was ON or OFF.
  • The city friendly clutch, gearbox and steering.
  • Good feedback as speed builds up (not on the league of my Nano’s manual steering, but still way better than the old Hyundai’s.
  • The fit and finish of plastics and its quality all felt a segment above.
  • The rear bench was comfortable and the presence of rear AC vents added an oomph factor!!
What I didn’t like

Criminal cost cutting (no intermittent speed in the wiper; Smart from Hyundai’s POV and criminal from mine)

Took the quotation and broucher, Mr.Prem offered a direct max discount of 70k and accessories and promised to send the evaluator to my place the next day to evaluate my Nano.

I patiently went through the broucher and found out that the base variant ERA Executive had PS, PW (front) , Air con , driver side airbag, ABS and EBD . Magna offered the same with rear AC vents, rear PW and a rear boot opening facility via KEY which the Era executive variant lacked.

Now the Sales rep from PSM calls and offered me the base variant of santro at 4 lakhs OTR including exchange bonus, Hyundai side discount, resale value (which will be provided later) , music system with 2 speakers, seat cover, basic accessories . But here was the twist. He claimed that the base variant of Santro came with rear ac vents. I confronted him saying that the broucher online doesn’t specify it for which he replied that Hyundai has been updating the car regularly and they would have not updated it online. Funny that Hyundai updates its dealers before updating its website.

I was reluctant to buy that and decided to dig in further. Later spoke to everyone at home about the TD and the price, offers and stuff and the SA was urging me to book within this week as usual saying that there are no cars in stock, etc…

My parents were all in for another Hyundai as our very first car was a 1999 model white Santro. Buying a Hyundai again meant a trouble-free ownership experience for them as well as for me; for me … I wanted a wife this time and not another girlfriend (Nano).

But still the feasibility for us to buy a new car was in December alone. So in the mean time I decided to dig into the mystery of the missing Rear AC vents.
Hyundai had updated Santro twice post its launch. Once openly and the 2nd time discreetly.
But did not provide a rear AC vent in any of its updates.

Thread Starter #3
I managed to get hold of the old brouchers online and found that the santro came with 5 variants at the time of launch. Then the Base variant “Dlite” had no AC, PS, pw. Only the Era had it. The Era then did not come with rear AC vents. I was in no mood to get a old car as a new one.

Then Hyundai updated by pulling of the Dlite version and renamed era executive by removing the mobile charging facility. Now Era Executive was the base variant. This was done around June.
The SA at PSM told me that it was a June or July manufactured car and that ruled the possibility of it being an old car. But I kept on bugging him about the same and to pacify me he sent images of the car having rear ac vents and rear pw but not the music system. The Santro’s Magna variant (manual tranny) did not come with music system before June.

Then it struck me that he was trying to push of magna as ERA executive. When I confronted him he accepted and then says he can’t give at 4 lakhs OTR. This was the same case with PSM Hyundai a year back where they had harassed my friend while he booked a Gi10. This further increased my stance of not taking the car from them. But will take offers from them and get offers from other dealers. The next day after TD the evaluator from FPL came and offered me a value of 40k for my car. That gentleman was professional to the core.

Mr.Prem followed up the next day and I told him about the plan for December. After which there was no unwanted annoyance from their side. I spent the next few weeks asking every single dealer at Chennai, Madurai and karaikudi. And then decide with whom to go with. After consolidating all the offers from all dealers and which month manufactured car they offer I had shortlisted either Hyundai Motor plaza (HMP) or V3 Hyundai. Both their offers stood at 1.20 lakhs approximately along with goodies like ICE with 4 speakers, seat covers, basic accessories, under chassis coating, sun films, steering cover and stuff.

HMP offered car fresh from factory as they don’t stock up like other dealers and in between Hyundai had discreetly updated santro with reverse parking sensors in all variants. Apart from HMP no other dealer had this knowledge. Era executive Santro was limited to 4 colours alone. RED, BLUE and GREEN were only for higher variants. With star dust becoming my only fav among white (ruled out as Linea is in white) , Beige and silver. V3 Hyundai had a star dust santro which was the ERA Variant and not the Era EXECUTVE. And with him rolling back discounts on fresh stock from factory if it were of the same colour as their existing stock HMP came at first preference.

I decided to book the car as and when my parents come to Chennai. Just a day before they come the rep from HMP calls and literally begs to make a booking ASAP as the factory was stopping production. This was in November. But Booking a car without even knowing that if a person like him exists in real or not was a grave concern to me. I had done the same mistake while booking Fiat and was not keen on doing the same. Hence went to HMP a day later, not to book but to show my parents the car as they hadn’t seen it before.

Sadly a manual car was not available for TD that day and I was offered an automatic. Parents loved the car for its fuss free nature and rear seat comfort and I loved the amt gearbox. After seeing the Era executive and magna in person my dad vetoed for Magna as it would save the trouble of adding stuff later on. The difference was around 65 thousand and hence decided to upgrade. But with magna I had only red colour available (Hyundai calls it the Fiery RED, IMHO Hyundai should call it the NOT SO FIERY RED.)

In order to avoid the absence of even this colour we book on the same day (18th of November 2019) and finish the formalities. The rep told us that he would give us the discounts for December in case they increase or else if they decrease they would give me offer for November itself as I had booked on November. The payment would be made after Dec 15th and due to this the rep doesn’t write anything about the offers and discounts so as to change them later if the offers increase in December.

During all this, Grand i10 Nios stationed next to our table caught my dad’s attention. He was Keen on it and I owing to higher cost and no offers literally asked him to stick to Santro. In the next two days the rep quits HMP and a new rep calls and says that she will try to provide the offers he gave me. Since this had took a detour my dad came all the way from our native to meet the TL in person and ensure that there are no hiccups while taking delivery. The TL Mr. Laxmi Narasiman was very courteous and agreed to offer what ever the old rep had offered. All was well until dad became adamant on going in for a BS6 compliant car. BS6 Santro was not in cards till JAN and every day my Nano was giving me new issues. 2 weeks after booking the horn had conked off and I had to invest in a new one.

Dad strongly insisted Nios as it was BS6 compliant. And hence dropped in at HMP again to TD the NIOS.

What I loved in the NIOS
  • The design (Outright aggressive front)
  • The fit, finish and quality of materials that came along with it.
  • The highly refined and city friendly driving nature of the Kappa 1.2 litre motor.
  • The stiff suspension which aided highway stability.
  • The rear space
  • The Thud the doors closed with
  • Dual airbags as standard
  • The interior design and the honey comb patterns added an oomph factor.
What I didn’t like
  • The steering feedback though it weighed up at higher speeds it felt artificial. It didn’t feel connected with the driver.
  • The Rear design (reminds me of the Tiago)
  • Criminal cost cutting on parking sensors (two provided instead of four; how much are u going to save on that Hyundai? It’s a 6-lakh rupee car)
  • I could not find a comfortable seating position despite having the height adjusting feature.

Took the broucher and prices and left asking time to make up my mind. The Base variant came at 6 lakhs OTR and offered only air con, PS and front PW. It didn’t offer the aggressive boomerang shaped DRLS.
And at 65 thousand extra came the Magna variant with:
  • Non touch ICE and 4 speakers
  • Steering mounted controls
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • All 4 Power windows,
  • Rear Parcel tray
  • Electrically adjustable ORVM
  • Speed sensing door locks.
After a lot of debates and discussions, decided to go for Magna in Aqua teal colour. And We were very specific about it. Paying 6 lakhs and not getting a colour of your choice won’t do.

2 days later called up the rep and told her that ill come the next day to change the booking and I had already negotiated with them for basic accessories, under chassis coating and seat covers.

Then comes the shock. Hyundai’s factory does not have any magna variant in stock! I told her that ill come tomorrow in person and speak. Then I immediately call up V3 Hyundai to check if they had one in stock. And to my Dismay NO. The called up Mr.Prem from FPL and to my good luck there was one in stock. Told him that ill come tomorrow in person to book it and went to HMP to cancel the booking.

Mr. Laxmi was courteous and immediately approved my request to cancel the booking and issue a full refund. Full marks to HMP on that. They were professional till the last minute. Wrote a letter requesting for a refund and I was on my way to FPL to book.

Mr. Prem Immediately asked me what the HMP had offered on Nios as he couldn’t match up in Santro. And in minutes he came back saying that they will give what ever HMP had offered and he asked if he can block the car first before booking so as to avoid anyone else blocking it internally. By Noon the booking was done and I was on my way to their Yard to check out the car in person. There were two Nios in aqua teal and my car would be allotted after I paid the full amount. They accepted my request for PDI once the payment is done and in case of any issues would allow me to change my car or cancel the booking. The delivery date was not confirmed from my side as I had to address a few concerns before I take her home. Payment was made on the mentioned date and Nano was handed over to finish the payment procedure. I did feel quite emotional though when I had to let go of her. The PDI was done and nothing cropped up and gave the green signal for registration.

After fixing her a new home (Covered parking) I was ready for her. Took delivery on 29th of December, 2019. The delivery was spot on, took rear parking camera for 6200 INR from the dealer itself (which could have been avoided) . There was an instant photo fitted on to the frame before your car rolls out, chocolates offered along with a quick demo of features and she was ready to come home.

When the idea of going for a Santro came up, it opened a host of new cars to consider. But despite that I didn’t bother to check them out. The cars considered were Wagon R and the Tiago. With Santro scoring low on safety Tata’s Tiago was the ultimate choice. But the slightest idea of dealing with TASS and the niggles that would crop up in between sent shudders down my spine. Wagon R was rejected due to the lacklustre showroom experience at Maruti. However Ignis was considered before the Nios as it offered dual airbags even in the base variant. But paying 80k more over santro and for a BS4 engine made me back out. Now enough has been said about the past and now the pictures do the talking.

Thread Starter #4
Shot after booking the car

3.jpeg

34.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

This was taken during the PDI. Mr.Prem was kind enough to pick me from my residence and accompanied me to the yard to do a PDI. Took the TAI check list along and everything was in order.

78.jpeg

566.jpeg

And Finally the delivery pics!!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.26.30 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.43.35 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.23.39 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.26.30 PM.jpeg

Accessories added from the dealer were the basic accessories like the mat kit and mud flaps, Under chassis coating and seat covers . Took Rear view mirror as a paid accessory costing to 6200 INR which I should have avoided.

5431.jpeg

453.jpeg

The carpet type maps provided my the dealer are of good quality but ends up getting soiled easily. I have removed this now and added 3d mats.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.52.21 PM.jpeg

And Finally signing off with the last pics of my Nano before handing her over.

My ownership experience of my Nano

56.jpeg

7.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.55.38 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congratulations on the funky car.
The front design somehow reminds me of early gen i20. The one with 6 airbags..especially the hood creases.

Thread Starter #6
Congratulations on the funky car.
The front design somehow reminds me of early gen i20. The one with 6 airbags..especially the hood creases.
Thanks bhvm .. Hyundai is trying to create a design language for all its cars so that people can identify it even without a logo. Not sure how effective it is [lol]

Many congratulations on your new wheels and wishing you many happy miles with it.Rightly went ahead with nios compared to santro and the shade looks beautiful, would surely need good maintenance.Go easy with the pedal for few thousands and enjoy your rides.

Thread Starter #9
Many congratulations on your new wheels and wishing you many happy miles with it.Rightly went ahead with nios compared to santro and the shade looks beautiful, would surely need good maintenance.Go easy with the pedal for few thousands and enjoy your rides.
Thanks Vijay . I'm being extra cautious on the pedal these days [angel]

Thread Starter #10
Pincers ( that's what i call her ) is one month old. Odo stands at 916 Kms.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 5.15.46 PM.jpeg

A lot has happened in this one month. From her first scratch ( just in 3 hours after delivery) till her 1st month Bday present . A lot have been added.

The very first accessory I added was the Mobile holder that I was using in my Tata Nano. It served its purpose well there and hence found no reason to give it away along with the car. It was just a few months old.

cvsdsdf.jpeg

Then Started my hunt for blind spot mirrors. the ones that I had in my Nano were quite rudimentary. They were non adjustable and hence cheap. The benefit of having a cheap stuff was that it didn't attract any thieves . Surprised? Yes indeed even I was after someone stole them from my car in my office parking. Hence This time I wanted to get something that would not attract attention and it should be adjustable also. After surfing the internet a lot and visiting a few shops I zeroed in on a pair that looked like basic blind spot mirrors but adjustable.

dcfsdc.jpeg

The ones with black beading at the outside edge were having a premium look and viable to attract attention.

Next was the door protector. They are quite an inevitable accessory when it comes to India. I had selected her parking space having santro in mind. It was later we decided to upgrade to Nios. But i forgot to check if Nios could fit in. The result is a very narrow parking where only i would be able to get out of the car after parking it.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 5.38.13 PM.jpeg

I did not want the plastic ones that would make noise or damage other car's door if my car's door were to hit it. sadly the market was full of plastic door guards. Anyhow after some relentless searching I managed to get a set made out of rubber. These not only gel with the dark colour of the car but also don't damage the wall nor any other car for that matter.

dcvsdfsd.jpeg

Result of trying to take her out of such a cramped parking the first time was

sad.jpeg

I was still hunting around for good floor mats. I was not keen on the pvc floor mats where they rip the entire car apart . I was more interested in noodle mats. But my parents didn't prefer it as it spoiled the look of the car. So the next best option was to go for 3d mats or 7d mats.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-29 at 5.43.00 PM.jpeg

7d mats from autofurnish and you get some really good choices with respect to colour. These retailed from 6500 INR to 8500INR. One shop opposite to Chennai public school in Mogappair was providing it around 6500INR. It was from the same shop i had bought the blind spot mirror and the door guard. But unfortunately he didn't have stock and it would take 15 days. With disappointment i decided to look elsewhere . Other shops provided me with 3d mats but they were a bit expensive retailing at 8500INR.

untitled.png

Finally I decided to head to GP road and explore the options there. All most all shops quoted the same rates for 3d mats and 8500 plus for 7d mats. Finally one shop near FF car accessories had 3d mats from auto furn. They are not an exact fit as i believe its for Grand i10 and not for Nios, But still were of good quality and retailed at 4000 INR. I also opted for stitched steering cover from the same shop for 800 INR , but the workmanship has a lot to be desired.

we.jpeg

lnb.jpeg

fgf.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-26 at 2.05.20 PM.jpeg

They have full Velcro at the base so that the mat doesn't move around . Finally the Steering cover.

dff.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice report and upgrades @akmalazim Nice choice of color and happy that you and your dad didn't compromised and extended your budget for GI10 NIOS rather than Santro which was your first choice.

Wish you many more happy miles on your new car !

Cheers !!

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Belated congrats on your new car.This colour best suits the car .Drive safely.
How do you compare the driveability,seating and road-visibility in city as compared to your erstwhile Nano?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Kudos to your dad , he had made perfect decision , for selecting BSVI vehicle . ( As in a resale point of view in long term )
Ha ha! thanks :) He was more concerned about "what if the govt decides to ban BS4 vehicles all together ,which has a very very very remote possibility.

Nice report and upgrades @akmalazim Nice choice of color and happy that you and your dad didn't compromised and extended your budget for GI10 NIOS rather than Santro which was your first choice.

Wish you many more happy miles on your new car !

Cheers !!
It was this colour that we all unanimously chose . It gives different shades under different lighting conditions.

Belated congrats on your new car.This colour best suits the car .Drive safely.
How do you compare the driveability,seating and road-visibility in city as compared to your erstwhile Nano?
Many thanks Doctor ( hope I'm correct ). I would say that drivability is the main USP of this motor IMHO. Can move around at 30-35 KMPH in 4rth gear without any jerks and still can pull easily from there without needing a downshift. The seating is however is a mixed bag. Can't say that the seats are the most comfortable ones , due to the fixed headrest . Still struggling to find a cosy position. But however family members find no issues. Pushing the driver seat a bit backwards makes me struggle a bit to fully depress the clutch. Pulling it ahead makes my knee hit the steering column. The seats come with height adjustable feature. Due to my height I have to rise the seat height to get a commanding view of the road , but by doing so my knees come very close to the steering column and I find it a bit awkward. Funny that I didn't find anything of the sort in Santro. Probably the taller stance of the santro aids that. One thing that I always keep in mind while driving is not to get too close to the vehicle in front of me as I'm used to the literally non-existent front end of the Nano. Signing off for now with a shot to drool with ;) .
InkedWhatsApp Image 2020-01-30 at 9.11.50 AM_LI.jpg

BS4 vehicles won't be banned , but what i suspect is poor life with BS4 vehicles once BSVI fuels starts pumping in (Change in fuel quality , definitely will have atleast one side effect)

Top Bottom