My Humble Maruti 800

Thread Starter #31
Wow looks clean !! Did you clean inside the blower unit ?

Do you have A/C in your car, if yes please clean the cooling coil..
Yes i did clean the insides of the blower housing. Off course i have a AC unit (why do you think that 800AC sticker on hatch door is for [lol])
My next target is that coil but am confused if its a DIY work or a full fledged labour(technician) job, though i don't mind doing it myself. [:)]

Ha Ha sorry dint notice the sticker. Make sure while cleaning the coil don't damage it because once the gas leaks it would be difficult to source it.

That blower is super clean! how exactly did you clean it? I mean soap water/colin/ some other cleaning agent?

Thread Starter #35
That blower is super clean! how exactly did you clean it? I mean soap water/colin/ some other cleaning agent?
Thanks, i used a new toothbrush, cleaning powder & scrubbed it from every angle as cleaning it from one angle was not possible due to the fins being very close to each other. [:)]

Thread Starter #40
Have been facing the problem of slipping clutch in my 4 speed MPI 800 for the past few weeks so planning to get the clutch changed. From what i recall the following parts are required to be replaced:

Clutch plate
Pressure plate &
Clutch release bearing.

The total cost of above parts at MGP outlet is Rs. 1671.
I still haven't inquired with any MASS or FNG & need to know what should be the approx. labour charges at MASS considering they are almost same across cities.

Top Bottom