My Honda Civic SMT Ownership Experience.

Thread Starter #16
Ah,it sounds very good to me when someone buys a good 'CAR' for his/her money instead of some 'TRUCK' thing..:tongue:

@Rocky:Congrats for the Civic,its really one gem of a car.In fact I call this car as video game because of its interior design.BTW,have you once opened its throttle in higher gears?I love the sound of this engine above 4000 rpm.It sounds like some sport car at that rev range.

ohh i didt do that so far, but i want to add a catback exhaust, which gives a descent sound

So many years I am planning to take a big car because I am very passionate about cars. As I am working abroad no one is recommending me to take a good one, even TAI friends also. Now my wife also passionate about cars, so finally decided to take one. My options was Civic and Jetta, if I was not there the monthly mileage will be around 200KM only, if I am there for two months it will comes to 5K to 6K, so the mileage is very less, so I decided to go for a petrol engine...
Hey I was thinking of buying a Civic in second hand guise, my father wants to go in for it. So I was hoping yyou could tell mme how has your experience been with the car? Like the FE, quality of the car, etc. It would be of a lot of help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats awesome mileage !!
Much more than what the i10 returns [lol]
The Jazz and brio must return much higher figures which would eliminate the need of diesels(I hope [evil])
They indeed do return high FEs which certainly puts a case in their favour. After all, the petrol cars offer a performance diesels can never match. And if you do not believe in petrol motors, for the record, Honda will bring in the diesels as well this year onwards.

Thread Starter #19
Hey I was thinking of buying a Civic in second hand guise, my father wants to go in for it. So I was hoping yyou could tell mme how has your experience been with the car? Like the FE, quality of the car, etc. It would be of a lot of help.
FE is much good for this class avg 12 I'm getting at traffic , performance wise there is no questions on Honda, its handling is much better than Toyota and Nissan.
but the spares are bit costly. for Toyota or Mitsubishi you can get the spares made in Taiwan, China or Japan. But for Honda you will get Japanese only, if you go for the Japanese spares the price for all brands will be same, travelling comfort is better in Honda.

FE is much good for this class avg 12 I'm getting at traffic , performance wise there is no questions on Honda, its handling is much better than Toyota and Nissan.
but the spares are bit costly. for Toyota or Mitsubishi you can get the spares made in Taiwan, China or Japan. But for Honda you will get Japanese only, if you go for the Japanese spares the price for all brands will be same, travelling comfort is better in Honda.
I believe the premium they ask for, isn't that justified? Honda uses better quality materials, the cars offer more riding comfort as you said and the efficiency of 12 in the segment where petrol cars offer 10 kmpl, Honda surely takes over the rest.

Congrats Rocky on the civic , i have a civic too, welcome to the club!
17kmpl ?[surprise] - thats astounding for highway if you are getting regularly - what fuel do you use and do you drive very very sedately ?
What about the fe you get? I hear that the car gives around 15-17 on highways and around 12 in city which is pretty good an efficiency for a car that goes pretty fast.

Excellent mileage 12 kpl : 17 kpl City : Highway. Amazing one, never heard that much from my fellow folks owing a Civic Manual. Auto tranny one even goes still down, like 8-9 kpl in city and 13+ in highways..

Top Bottom