My (Honda) City - As Urban As Ever

Thread Starter #1
Search for a new car

In year 2007 around October we thought of buying a new car. The search started. i10 was on my mind. Then suddenly health problems,studies problems came into picture and the plan got cancelled.But when ever possible i used to harass my dad for a new car.
As days passed I keep on searching internet forums dreaming of buying a good car. Due to above specified reasons the plans to buy a new car kept on hold. And then suddenly we decided to extend our budget and go for a medium size car . Sedan was on our mind from the beginning because we never found sedans gave more comfort.
We again started searching for cars, this time Manza,City Corporate,Sunny,Fiesta,Rapid,Linea,Vento etc were on mind. My budget was 8.2 Lac. So City,Rapid,Linea were my options. First we were about to book a rapid but later found a 3 months waiting period, I did not like the looks also. Then again my dad put the car on hold for a whole year and asked me to concentrate on my studies as health was improving.Then came honda city 2012 with some good features on base model itself.I fell in love with it.Asked my dad a million times to buy a new car.But as always his answer was NO!![frustration].I passed my 12th exams and I started troubling my dad again.So to just chill me he asked me to join a motor training school.In 20 days i learned to drive got my licence and started making fuss all over again.Then my dad got a surprise promotion at his office and our budget went quite high.My dad joined the training school.After he gave his driving test we went to Honda showroom . Dad liked the car at first sight. Quality was premium. Immediately booked one on Dec 4th with a assurance of delivery in 3rd week of Dec 12.So today the day has come at 2pm i will be collecting the car.Do puja and return the car to the showroom for rto registration process.

The wait........
We knew a person in my dads office who was close to the dealer.He promised us that we would give us a good experience.So every day after dad returned from office i used to ask him for updates about the car.For a while we even taught we might not get the car on 14th Dec.We kept the color option open and made the booking.We were told that the Urban Titanium was available in plent so we confirmed that as colour was not a major factor after waiting for the past 19 years for owning a car.We booked the vmt model with lots of accesories.It costed us 11.53Lakh.
Now need to leave to collect the car. Will update after returning.I am so excited.I put up a early preview of my car which i found on the internet.

Attachments

Re: My city(honda)-as urban as ever

Hi Ravi let me be the first one to congratulate you on your buy (i know it is a bit early), the latest to the ever growing list of proud and happy Honda City owners.....
Please post elaborate details of your buying experience and initial ownership experiences supplemented by lots of pics.

Revs

Suspended
Heartiest congratulations for the City, Ravi!
It looks very premuim and teasing in the UT shade.
Do post a detailed review of your City once you come back with her!

Revs

Thread Starter #5
Guys our family is having a tough time learning to drive.
I scraped the front left part of the car while taking a u turn. Sraped it to a wall.Lots of paint damage.While reversing my dad hit a wall on the back part.Its a small paint loss but visble. Once my dad also hit the front of the car to tree.He pressed the acc instead of the brakes.Will try to post pics of the damage only if possible.

Thread Starter #8
Not yet.Actually i was supposed to get a caska system+reverse cam+ other accessories fitted.But i wanted the delivery on 14th.So the dealer told he'll give the delivery on 14th and fit the caska system+reverse cam+ other accessories on monday.

That is terrible. [shock]The pics say it all. Try and practice driving on an older car and once you are comfortable and confident, you can try taking out your city.

I thought the city is quite easy to drive. Maybe the fact that you cant see the nose while driving caused this? Dont completely rely on the parking sensors also.

Congrats on realizing your dream of owning a car, and sorry to hear about the damage...it is a part and parcel of Indian life, and sooner or later you will reconcile to that fact.

Nice car buddy! Congratulations and you have chosen beautiful color.
Please post some interior pics too. Let us know you mileage plus and minus what you found.

Top Bottom