My Honda CBR250R Ownership Review

First of all congrats. (Though is a bit late as you have covered 2 years :D)

I was googling for some CBR parts and I found this. I read the whole Thread line by line and should I say, its beautifully narrated.

I am also a proud owner of a CBR 250R STD red. To my surprise, I get FE of 32-33 in city and around 35-37 in NH2 during weekends during a 120 KM tour.

Back on 15th Feb, 2013 I had a small accident bcoz of a moron (just the bike fell :@) and the left cowl got scratched and some several other parts. Now its been about 2 months that I have ordered those parts but there is nothing. The SVC guys are telling Sir 1 more week, 2 more week.

To be frank, I don't like any scratch on my CeeBeeeAaaaR.. :@ Thats why I have asked them to change the parts those got scratches.

Can you suggest me any other procedure to get these parts ASAP.

it seems not many people have interest in reading this thread :p any ways i will keep it updated .

That is a very wrong understanding.

From start it made me feel like "Birds eye view of an expert biker" so I kept myself off from some naive comments ,rather enjoyed and tried to understand each and every words written.
Cheers.

Thread Starter #48
First of all congrats. (Though is a bit late as you have covered 2 years :D)

I was googling for some CBR parts and I found this. I read the whole Thread line by line and should I say, its beautifully narrated.

I am also a proud owner of a CBR 250R STD red. To my surprise, I get FE of 32-33 in city and around 35-37 in NH2 during weekends during a 120 KM tour.

Back on 15th Feb, 2013 I had a small accident bcoz of a moron (just the bike fell :@) and the left cowl got scratched and some several other parts. Now its been about 2 months that I have ordered those parts but there is nothing. The SVC guys are telling Sir 1 more week, 2 more week.

To be frank, I don't like any scratch on my CeeBeeeAaaaR.. :@ Thats why I have asked them to change the parts those got scratches.

Can you suggest me any other procedure to get these parts ASAP.
Yea, this is the same old story . If its plastic parts and if there isnt any manjor damages then try to polish it or use scrubbing material . Or just go to Honda this link 1> email them about your issue and then call Head Office & Factory No. and ask them to ship ordered parts ASAP.

If nothing works out i can source out parts from my local dealer and if he agrees then he will ship those parts to you directly .

That is a very wrong understanding.

From start it made me feel like "Birds eye view of an expert biker" so I kept myself off from some naive comments ,rather enjoyed and tried to understand each and every words written.
Cheers.
Thank you sir for your appreciation [:)] . Well the main reason is that my riding has taken a back seat since am now focused more on my carrier and most of the time i end up working even on weekends :( .

Thread Starter #49
Thanks for the information and by coincidence, i recently came across someone who wants to sell his cbr 250r. Will check the ride and tell you soon.
Btw hoe heavy is cbr on on maintenance? I have never seen a service bill below Rs.1800 for my bull. It doesn't feel worthy sometimes...
Since you are looking for 2nd hand CBR i will advise you to stay away from 1st batch of CBR as they had tons of issues and thats the main reason people wants to get rid of their bikes , so beware you might end up buying a LEAMON.

There is not much to talk about maintainance as a regular service will cost you around 1900-2500RS. Electrical parts are very costly but on the other hand plastic parts are dirt cheap.

Update 19k done . Got new rear tyre and installed LED .

This is MRF Revz FC 150/60 , its a radial tyre cost 2800/- .
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

LED i got for 200Rs pair

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, this is the same old story . If its plastic parts and if there isnt any manjor damages then try to polish it or use scrubbing material . Or just go to Honda this link 1> email them about your issue and then call Head Office & Factory No. and ask them to ship ordered parts ASAP.

If nothing works out i can source out parts from my local dealer and if he agrees then he will ship those parts to you directly .
Thank you for your reply and assistance you offered. I talked to their sales manager today and he claimed that he was unaware of the issue. He told me that my issue will be received within 15 days. Let's see. I can wait 15 more days though it will be like 15 weeks for me [sleep]

Thread Starter #51
Thank you for your reply and assistance you offered. I talked to their sales manager today and he claimed that he was unaware of the issue. He told me that my issue will be received within 15 days. Let's see. I can wait 15 more days though it will be like 15 weeks for me [sleep]
Buzz me any time if things dosent work out .

Thread Starter #52
Yesterday i tried to start my bike after a month or so and right after 2nd crank it stared fine [:D]. It took good 60-70secs for engine to come to n optimum temp . Its time to prepare my CBR for monsoon [:D].

Yesterday i tried to start my bike after a month or so and right after 2nd crank it stared fine [:D]. It took good 60-70secs for engine to come to n optimum temp . Its time to prepare my CBR for monsoon [:D].
That's great buddy but do start your bike atleast once a week so that the battery does not die.

Ohhh nice......didn't notice earlier, Nice thread.

IMHO Silver color CBR is the best looking among all (or until 2013 white one arrive), Sorry No offense to any other color.
and the Pic with LED look more aggressive.

Me too own one STD version and named it "Silver Blade".

I like to know, how much 250's Ball Racer Set cost ? Any idea ?

Still getting better than my Activa 25KMPL lol

I'm thinking to get CBR250R this or next Month.

I am getting 32-34 mileage in city, and 37-39 in NHs. I believe riding style matters a lot getting a decent mileage.

And do get yourself a CBR, its the best 250CC bike in the country so far in terms of FE, performance for price.

But I would suggest the ABS version, get a TD, then decide..

Congrats in advance. [:)]

To Respected CBR owners,

Can you provide the idea what is the Engine Valve De-Carbonization meaning ?

As I gave mine to the SVC mainly Cone Ball Racer Set change which costed 1090/- (parts only), then I talk about loose sound 2k-4.5k RPM which is Tappet Noise and after TD my vehicle by SVC mech he immediately booked for SHIM change which will be cost around (250x4)= 1000/- & 400/- labour charge.

During making of the Job Card service advisor insists me to do the Valve De-Carbonizing which will be cost around 1500/-, what is this thing ? He also mentioned it involve led machine stuff, At first I didn't agree but after hearing the horror story I decided to go for it.

Please let me know, may I already allow myself to rob by them ?

BTW, My bike 1st Gen CBR250R and clocked around 13k Kms will complete 2 years this Aug,12th.

Top Bottom